The Radio Guys are killing Phil and Trestman

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mike Greenberg was on Waddle and Silvy and he said that he has never seen Bears fans in this level of revolt and anger.

This feels different than the Lovie situation. At no moment in the Lovie era did it get this bad.

This is going Nuclear.

When you have a fan base that has high expectations and gets disappointed in one year but then gets higher expectations the next year and gets their legs cut out by the terrible performance the following year there will be hell to pay and hell is now here.

When a team whose legacy in the modern era has been a great culture of great defense and suddenly the defense becomes the absolute worse in the history of the franchise let alone the worst in the present day, there will be hell to pay and hell is now here.

This team deserves all of the crap thrown at them right now. The coaches deserve all of the crap thrown at them. And........most especially, the players deserve all of the crap thrown at them. They QUIT, plain and simple. They QUIT. This team has no leadership and no pride and deserves to be mocked and derided.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trestman has no business being a HC in the NFL..His team is unprepared, unmotivated, and undisciplined which is the exact opposite of what a successful team strives for.

People can blame Cutler all they want as he is an unlikable figure for most fans. The fact is, no offense should be expected to score 56 points to win a game even if they had the best QB in the league.

When that amount of pressure is put on an offense, the run game is tossed to the side, and the team passes too much to play catch up. Defenses adjust to that, and when the QB tries to force a pass to make something happen, an interception occurs.

The defense cant stop anyone. If we want to fix the team, thats the place to start. The fact that the HC doesnt see a problem with the DC shows he is clueless, and should be relieved of his duties pronto

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
In retrospect, we all probably were unfair to Lovie. Yeah the offense was a consistent shitfest but outside of two seasons, his defense was always a dominant unit. We always were forcing turnovers, we were always solid on specials teams, and the players always played their ass off for him. We had known quanitites. NOt to mention the year he got canned, the defense was arguably the best in the NFL.

Now, our defense is historically bad, the offense is well below average, the special teams suck, and the players have quit on the coach. That's not the mix you are looking for.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
When you have a fan base that has high expectations and gets disappointed in one year but then gets higher expectations the next year and gets their legs cut out by the terrible performance the following year there will be hell to pay and hell is now here.

When a team whose legacy in the modern era has been a great culture of great defense and suddenly the defense becomes the absolute worse in the history of the franchise let alone the worst in the present day, there will be hell to pay and hell is now here.

This team deserves all of the crap thrown at them right now. The coaches deserve all of the crap thrown at them. And........most especially, the players deserve all of the crap thrown at them. They QUIT, plain and simple. They QUIT. This team has no leadership and no pride and deserves to be mocked and derided.

I thought Collinsworth said it best when he said that this team is a treasure in Chicago and they are being embarrassed.

The higher the expectations the bigger the failure.

If you had asked me before the season what my nightmare scenario was and I could not have made this up.

Waco Kid

Liked Posts:
Mike Greenberg was on Waddle and Silvy and he said that he has never seen Bears fans in this level of revolt and anger.

This feels different than the Lovie situation. At no moment in the Lovie era did it get this bad.

This is going Nuclear.

Greenberg is right. I have never seen the Bears fans that I know so angry. The fact that nothing was done after the Green Bay disaster just made things worse with said fans. A whole house cleaning is going to be needed here.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights

This is going Nuclear.
Greenberg worked for the Score during the Wanny era and fans weren't exactly happy during the last couple of years of that time. Of course, that era coincided with the Bulls Dynasty so not as many fans paid attention as they do now.

SmellyFoot

Liked Posts:
What gets me is that after Lovie got the boot this franchise was trying (PR move I know but still it was a deliberate action) w/ Trestman and Emery to at least not be confrontational w/ the media like Lovie was. Trestman w/ his "that's a good question" along w/ answering direct questions. At least 2013 version. In 2014, Trestman still uses that "that's a good question" but then sidesteps answering questions. When he stated that he needed to look at the practice tapes and the 49ers tapes to determine what went right and wrong w/ the GB game I was done. That was his Pep's lips moment.

All that work I think they did last season to repair the damage the Bears and Chicago media had was undone and is now at least as worse as under Lovie in less than a season. They have no idea how to deal w/ the media and when they do open their mouths all it does is it gets worse.

I agree w/ Windy - this is setting up to go Nuclear if they don't win BOTH the Minn and TB games.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The sound bites that Trestman is providing are crazy.

"This team and locker room are in a good place right now."

"We had a great week of practice before Green Bay."

"Mel Tucker is a great coach."

SmellyFoot

Liked Posts:
I get not throwing people under a bus. But what Trestman is doing - supporting historically bad things - borders on lunacy

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just heard Durkin on with Holmes and he said he didn't even see people walking towards Trestman on the sidelines in the second half. He opined that Trestman doesn't get much respect in the locker room. Holmes did not disagree and he is not one to let bad thoughts slide by.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:

The fans that had these unrealistic expectations for this team - including many, many posters on the MB - partially deserve this, as a lesson to temper such ridiculous homeriffic beliefs. Same coaches, same shit personnel on D plus a few additions on the DL, and same QB. Yeah, 11-5, 10-6 at worst, LOLOLOLOLOL.

Just two weeks ago in a separate thread I had the audacity to state that while I though Phil did some nice work with personnel, i felt the jury was out on him and it was premature to crown his ass.

I got jumped by the blow-Phil contingent (Phil never sleeps! Phils attacks weaknesses! In Phil we Trust!) telling me what a horrible, clueless tool I am. And i remember the 4 posters who weighed-in, 2 full-time CCS douches and 2 relatively new guys. One of them is chirping along in an anti-Phil/Trest thread. My point is this, we have some shite fans who deserve this abomination.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
The fans that had these unrealistic expectations for this team - including many, many posters on the MB - partially deserve this, as a lesson to temper such ridiculous homeriffic beliefs. Same coaches, same shit personnel on D plus a few additions on the DL, and same QB. Yeah, 11-5, 10-6 at worst, LOLOLOLOLOL.

Just two weeks ago in a separate thread I had the audacity to state that while I though Phil did some nice work with personnel, i felt the jury was out on him and it was premature to crown his ass.

I got jumped by the blow-Phil contingent (Phil never sleeps! Phils attacks weaknesses! In Phil we Trust!) telling me what a horrible, clueless tool I am. And i remember the 4 posters who weighed-in, 2 full-time CCS douches and 2 relatively new guys. One of them is chirping along in an anti-Phil/Trest thread. My point is this, we have some shite fans who deserve this abomination.

Expecting 10-6 out of this team was homerific to you? It was considered a sober, objective prediction before the season started

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Expecting 10-6 out of this team was homerific to you? It was considered a sober, objective prediction before the season started

Most unbiased national media people had them at 10-6 and as a wildcard contender.

I am not adjusting me preseason expectations now, I still feel they hav the talent to be a 10 win team.

They have simply failed. That is why this is getting ugly, they know they failed.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
O can't make up for 56 points.

I'd like a good D. Doesn't have be outstanding. Just solid and dependable. This is a friggin joke of a D. If Trestman is gone, I hope the Bears dont go full meatball and run for a D coordinator or go all out on D. "Ah Chicago: Were all about da D". Yeah.. How about... No. The D first thing is from the stone age. The Bears just need a new coaching staff and a damn new GM. It's been a disaster all the way around.

I also noticed Trestman on the sidelines away from the players.. It's weird.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
I'll be at the game tomorrow and as much as I care about the Bears and what is going on on the field. I'll also be spending a lot of time just creep watching the sidelines and seeing how awkward and any implosions by a player/Trestman being all introverted.

I like Marc. But even when his book came out and we all got excited about him, I thought his extroverted presonality and ideals were forced. Because everything about him says he was extremely introverted and great wth X's and O's: but not with the people portion. I feel he tried changing, but deep down he's still a very introverted kinda guy.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
Most unbiased national media people had them at 10-6 and as a wildcard contender.

I am not adjusting me preseason expectations now, I still feel they hav the talent to be a 10 win team.

They have simply failed. That is why this is getting ugly, they know they failed.

Yeah, I don't recall that. I think a reasonable expectation (outside Chicago) for this team was 8-8, with 7-9 or 9-7 equally likely based on bounces/injuries. And 6-10 and 10-6 were more remote possibilities which required several factors (good or bad) to align.

I just don't understand the unrealistic expectations so many posters here had for this team. We have an 11-win offense that's held back by a vapid QB, and we have a 4-win D and 4-win SP. Coaches are marginal at best (generous). Add it up and this is not a 10-win team, it just isn't/wasn't/not going to be.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
O can't make up for 56 points.

I'd like a good D. Doesn't have be outstanding. Just solid and dependable. This is a friggin joke of a D. If Trestman is gone, I hope the Bears dont go full meatball and run for a D coordinator or go all out on D. "Ah Chicago: Were all about da D". Yeah.. How about... No. The D first thing is from the stone age. The Bears just need a new coaching staff and a damn new GM. It's been a disaster all the way around.

I also noticed Trestman on the sidelines away from the players.. It's weird.

The Wooden Indian wasn't exactly engaged with the players intra-game. IIRC he just stared at the jumbotron while mouth-breathing.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I don't recall that. I think a reasonable expectation (outside Chicago) for this team was 8-8, with 7-9 or 9-7 equally likely based on bounces/injuries. And 6-10 and 10-6 were more remote possibilities which required several factors (good or bad) to align.

I just don't understand the unrealistic expectations so many posters here had for this team. We have an 11-win offense that's held back by a vapid QB, and we have a 4-win D and 4-win SP. Coaches are marginal at best (generous). Add it up and this is not a 10-win team, it just isn't/wasn't/not going to be.

This was never perfect, but was talented enough to win 10 games. A significantly worse team, talent wise, last season 8 games with a backup QB playing in 7 games.

This team on paper is more talented than the Colts at every position except QB, LB, and CB.

The Bears should be the reverse Chiefs. Good Offense (Cheifs Defense), Mediocre Defense (Chiefs Offense) and winning 10ish games and fighting for a wild card spot.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
How was last years team significantly less talented? They are near identical. Allen for Peppers and that leaves Houston as the only significant upgrade on paper.

And how could anyone view our backup playing 7 ganes as a bad thing? Cutler had an 89 rating last year, McCown 109. Our offense was below average all season with Cutler last year.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
In retrospect, we all probably were unfair to Lovie. Yeah the offense was a consistent shitfest but outside of two seasons, his defense was always a dominant unit. We always were forcing turnovers, we were always solid on specials teams, and the players always played their ass off for him. We had known quanitites. NOt to mention the year he got canned, the defense was arguably the best in the NFL.

Now, our defense is historically bad, the offense is well below average, the special teams suck, and the players have quit on the coach. That's not the mix you are looking for.

No, and No. Just because we suck balls now doesn't mean we should long for the Wooden Indian. I piss on his Bears-grave.