The Reason Pace Drafted Trubisky Summed Up In One Quite.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
"And one trait you'll notice when quarterbacks are extending the play, his ability to keep his eyes downfield looking for targets instead of ducking his head and looking to run." -- Ryan Pace

The content of that quote is what separates Mitchell Trubisky from Watson and Mahomes, and why he has a good chance of being successful in the NFL.

This great article really highlights that and really made me reevaluate my position on Trubisky. Here is a portion of the article:

- Having a huge arm isn’t that valuable to me. My reasoning is simple: it’s not that valuable in the NFL. If I know you can throw the ball far and hard but you’re not accurate or making good decisions, I can’t build a playbook around you that results in an efficient offense. Being accurate and making good decisions is 90 percent of a quarterback’s success in the NFL.

It doesn’t matter if you like to run, if you’re a great athlete, if you’re a bad athlete or if you can only work inside the pocket. Being accurate and making good decisions is 90 percent of your success.

Typically these things are tied to your feet and your eyes. The relationship between your feet and your eyes tells you a lot about how a quarterback projects to the NFL. A quarterback who can’t move his eyes without moving his feet is going to run himself into a lot of pressure and disrupt the timing of the play designs. A quarterback whose feet don’t create balance or are rooted into the ground will have a tougher time throwing the ball accurately.

Everything NFL quarterbacks do starts with the feet. Pressure is inevitable for NFL quarterbacks. Only a few exist behind great offensive lines right now, Dak Prescott and Derek Carr are the exceptions. Being able to move within a condensed pocket to evade pressure while keeping your eyes downfield is integral to sustaining success.

Speaking generally, quarterbacks don’t change much. You can make small, gradual developments over the course of your career. From paying close attention over the past decade or so, the relationship between their feet and their eyes doesn’t change.

For that reason it’s a huge part of what I look for in prospects.

http://presnapreads.com/2017/04/12/...ospects-mitchell-trubisky-and-deshaun-watson/

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
I've been very critical of Pace. But as of now, his first year draft and his draft last year are almost irrelevant to his legacy. His job with the Bears (and likely his career) depends on the results of this pick. Trubisky becomes a top 5 QB, and Pace will be a hero here. He turns into the next Ryan Tennehill and Pace will be looked at below Emery.

Credit where credit is due. I give him credit for having the balls to make the move and put it all on the line for a guy he believed in.

Legaeveth

Liked Posts:
You are damned if you do and damned if you don't. We have made quite a few changes at QB this year in hopes of turning around the team. If Pace and Fox didn't address this glaring issue we would be asking for blood. However we did address the issue and although I wasn't happy at first with what all we had to give up we as an organization did do as much as we could this offseason to fix the one constant problem of a QB. We saw last year with Hoyer how much better the team could be with a halfway descent QB at the helm. Nobody knows if Trubisky is the answer. Most analysts are always wrong about QB's, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Russel Wilson, RGIII, etc. We have a 50/50 chance Trubisky is a winner he does have the traits that could lead to him being a great QB but only time will tell. If he is the answer Pace will go down as the best GM ever if not he walks next year. We as fans have been in worse situations and right now all we can do is cheer for him and hope for the best.

AussieBear

"And one trait you'll notice when quarterbacks are extending the play, his ability to keep his eyes downfield looking for targets instead of ducking his head and looking to run." -- Ryan Pace

so is that a shot at watson

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

so is that a shot at watson

Watson and Mahomes.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I've been very critical of Pace. But as of now, his first year draft and his draft last year are almost irrelevant to his legacy. His job with the Bears (and likely his career) depends on the results of this pick. Trubisky becomes a top 5 QB, and Pace will be a hero here. He turns into the next Ryan Tennehill and Pace will be looked at below Emery.

Credit where credit is due. I give him credit for having the balls to make the move and put it all on the line for a guy he believed in.

I'd be happier than a pig in shit with top 10 QB status.