The rehabilitation of Jared Goff under new coaches is why you don't give up on Fields.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Because coaching MATTERS.

And yes, I am making the same type of argument those who are anti-Fields have been making, on purpose, to show how stupid these types of arguments are, even when based on something true that happened once. If people can say the success of CJ Stroud is why we need to move on from Fields, I can say the rehabilitation of Goff means you keep him.

See how that works?

:smug2:

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't normally get involved with this stuff, but this is the silliest take yet. The guy has been in the league for 8 years. Played most for McVay with juggernaut offense. This has absolutely nothing to do with Fields.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
The team that got rid of Goff got a better qb and won the super bowl the next year. Thanks!

This was my first really good look at the lions. All this shit over Jared Goff just being football Jesus and putting everyone on his shoulders and carrying some pile of shit team because he just better than everyone seems a bit of a weird take after watching everything thus far.

The Lions have a far better offensive line and a far better offensive coordinator. I can see why Jared is having a lot of success. And his number one receiver option seems like a guy who just isn't a name yet but we're going to be hearing about him going forward because he's not making plays like some scrub.

That's not taking anything away from Jared Goff who is looking really sharp. But just an acknowledgement of him being put in a situation where he is allowed to succeed because of the pieces around him. Something those who want to bitch about Justin Fields over seem to not acknowledge or pretend to have blinders on somehow thinking this makes their argument stronger instead of just making them look like a dumbass who doesn't know football.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Here's the thing. I mean you're not wrong. Ive been trying to tell everyone who will listen for years that you were a world class fart sniffer.

PhilEBuster

shoopster - Then. Now. Forever.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Because coaching MATTERS.

And yes, I am making the same type of argument those who are anti-Fields have been making, on purpose, to show how stupid these types of arguments are, even when based on something true that happened once. If people can say the success of CJ Stroud is why we need to move on from Fields, I can say the rehabilitation of Goff means you keep him.

See how that works?

:smug2:
I don’t see how that works at all . . .

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
maybe you should bring back Mitch and "rehabilitate" him too?

mecha

Liked Posts:
This was my first really good look at the lions. All this shit over Jared Goff just being football Jesus and putting everyone on his shoulders and carrying some pile of shit team because he just better than everyone seems a bit of a weird take after watching everything thus far.

The Lions have a far better offensive line and a far better offensive coordinator. I can see why Jared is having a lot of success. And his number one receiver option seems like a guy who just isn't a name yet but we're going to be hearing about him going forward because he's not making plays like some scrub.

That's not taking anything away from Jared Goff who is looking really sharp. But just an acknowledgement of him being put in a situation where he is allowed to succeed because of the pieces around him. Something those who want to bitch about Justin Fields over seem to not acknowledge or pretend to have blinders on somehow thinking this makes their argument stronger instead of just making them look like a dumbass who doesn't know football.
Goff plays solid, he doesn't make mistakes. Stafford outplayed him tonight though. Lions have the edge with the better defense and Rams didn't get things going until too late in the game, they tightened things up all around but ran out of time. that was the best playoff game so far, 2 very evenly matched teams in my opinion.

I hadn't watched the Rams play since the Super Bowl a couple years ago. they lost their weapons that last drive.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Goff plays solid, he doesn't make mistakes. Stafford outplayed him tonight though. Lions have the edge with the better defense and Rams didn't get things going until too late in the game, they tightened things up all around but ran out of time. that was the best playoff game so far, 2 very evenly matched teams in my opinion.

I hadn't watched the Rams play since the Super Bowl a couple years ago. they lost their weapons that last drive.
Stafford is one tough son-of-a-bitch.
One thing that goes unnoticed, is that the Lions D did hold the Rams to three field goals in the redzone.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Stafford is one tough son-of-a-bitch.
One thing that goes unnoticed, is that the Lions D did hold the Rams to three field goals in the redzone.
they did. guess next game is a home game too. pretty exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.