The rehabilitation of Jared Goff under new coaches is why you don't give up on Fields.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd like to thank everyone who fell for the bait *cough* participated in this thread.

I made this thread for 2 points:

1) I used the same "logic" many on this board were using to justify drafting Caleb Williams, but instead applied it to Justin Fields. The number of people completely blind to this and who willingly exposed themselves in this thread as hypocrites was predictable, but nonetheless amusing.

2) I wanted a list, just in case, of those same people all in one easy thread. Just some receipts to hold onto for a rainy day. Thank you all for volunteering yourselves for that. Honestly, the "See how that works?" comment should have tipped you all off, but I knew you guys couldn't help yourselves.

(Note - I know not everyone in the thread is who I am talking to with the above points - but it did gather the "usual suspects", so the above was directed at them)
Your stupidity is awesome - NEVER change

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I'd like to thank everyone who fell for the bait *cough* participated in this thread.

I made this thread for 2 points:

1) I used the same "logic" many on this board were using to justify drafting Caleb Williams, but instead applied it to Justin Fields. The number of people completely blind to this and who willingly exposed themselves in this thread as hypocrites was predictable, but nonetheless amusing.

2) I wanted a list, just in case, of those same people all in one easy thread. Just some receipts to hold onto for a rainy day. Thank you all for volunteering yourselves for that. Honestly, the "See how that works?" comment should have tipped you all off, but I knew you guys couldn't help yourselves.

(Note - I know not everyone in the thread is who I am talking to with the above points - but it did gather the "usual suspects", so the above was directed at them)

Yet another reason no one likes you. When you get dunked on, you create another reason and move goalposts to make yourself appear smarter than you are.

You have no self awareness. No one takes you seriously. But sure, you won! Congratulations! You owned us all and now you have receipts in one nice, convenient thread i guess.

🙄

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Because coaching MATTERS.

And yes, I am making the same type of argument those who are anti-Fields have been making, on purpose, to show how stupid these types of arguments are, even when based on something true that happened once. If people can say the success of CJ Stroud is why we need to move on from Fields, I can say the rehabilitation of Goff means you keep him.

See how that works?

:smug2:
Sooooooo Sean McVay isn't a good coach? He did go to a super bowl with Goff.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Here's the thing. I mean you're not wrong. Ive been trying to tell everyone who will listen for years that you were a world class fart sniffer.
Mighty Joey Chestnut

200.webp

mbison

Liked Posts:
Because coaching MATTERS.

And yes, I am making the same type of argument those who are anti-Fields have been making, on purpose, to show how stupid these types of arguments are, even when based on something true that happened once. If people can say the success of CJ Stroud is why we need to move on from Fields, I can say the rehabilitation of Goff means you keep him.

See how that works?

:smug2:

Based on this logic we should have kept Mitch and many other QBs because QB accountability doesn’t matter it’s all coaching. Hell why even pay QBs big money because if we find the right coach they will make anyone a star. This is your logic

In all seriousness

Goff at least as shown the ability to pass the ball at a high level with his previous team. Hes had plenty of 4,000 yards 30 TD seasons and has taken his team to the Super Bowl.

Justin Fields is a running back playing QB. Hes a below average passer, injury prone high turnover QB with elite running ability. The only way fields will elevate to average is if he has elite talent all around him on offense. Coaching alone can’t save him

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
That's not what is happening here 😕
Oh really?

It's all the same names I see that pop up in any threat about Justin Fields or criticizing coaching or criticizing the offensive line, will always jump in and say no it's "we have to draft Caleb Williams" more or less.

Same cast of characters but now all in one thread. That's exactly what's happening here, roid boy.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
The 2nd best QB prospect to come out since Peyton Manning falling in your lap is why YOU DO give up on Fields.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Oh really?

It's all the same names I see that pop up in any threat about Justin Fields or criticizing coaching or criticizing the offensive line, will always jump in and say no it's "we have to draft Caleb Williams" more or less.

Same cast of characters but now all in one thread. That's exactly what's happening here, roid boy.
Have a friend or family member read the thread to give you a more objective perception of how your thread is going.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This whole thread is nonsense, however the whole “RB playing QB” narrative is even dumber.

That is all. Good day to you all.

The point of the thread is that it's nonsense. But it's the same type of nonsense the people who have been jumping into every conceivable thread to pound their fist for Caleb Williams have been using. Same structure of their arguments but flipped back at them.

And it has them all triggered that now if Caleb Williams fails, anyone who wants receipts can just come to this thread and get them all at once...

Last edited:

Szlachcic

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
So in all seriousness, who do you think this OC is to rehab fields anyway?
Who is talking about rehabbing Fields? I'm fine with any direction Poles decides to take the QB question.
Does new QB don't need a quality OC? The point is, for once, the Bears need quality OC just to get out the losing loop.
Hope all this make sense to grown ups here.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The 2nd best QB prospect to come out since Peyton Manning falling in your lap is why YOU DO give up on Fields.

3 years ago people were saying that Trevor Lawrence was generational. Best Prospect since Andrew Luck.

3 years later they are debating whether or not he's even a franchise quarterback.

Stop falling for hype moron.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Who is talking about rehabbing Fields? I'm fine with any direction Poles decides to take the QB question.
Does new QB don't need a quality OC? The point is, for once, the Bears need quality OC just to get out the losing loop.
Hope all this make sense to grown ups here.

To put myself on record, I have no problem with the Bears drafting a quarterback. I just don't think it should be Caleb Williams. The dude screams bust.

On top of it, anyone watching the playoffs should see that compared to the Lions and the Packers if you take the quarterback completely out of it, we are very behind in terms of overall Talent. We need another haul. If we get one we can catch up to those guys.

Even a successful Caleb Williams alone isn't going to make up that much of a talent Gap.

Trade for a haul, pick up a quarterback with whatever second round pick you get back in return. Develop that guy under the new offensive coordinator and let fields start next year so that way the rookie can sit and learn.

Doing it that way brings your overall Talent level closer to Detroit and Green Bay and also nabs you a quarterback you can develop if you have the right coach in place.

Because if they blow the coaching hire, it won't matter who we have at quarterback.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
The point of the threat is that it's nonsense. But it's the same type of nonsense the people who have been jumping into every conceivable thread to pound their fist for Caleb Williams have been using. Same structure of their arguments but flipped back at them.

And it has them all triggered that now if Caleb Williams fails, anyone who wants receipts can just come to this thread and get them all at once...
The whole basis of your thread is flawed. You thought you were making a point but it didn't work because of the player you used. Maybe try geno Smith next time?

Goff has worse coaching now than he did previously. Goffs best years were with his original coach, where he went to a super bowl. Goff left and his previous team won a super bowl with a better qb. Do you see how stupid your point was considering you tried to use Goff and he doesn't fit what you're trying to say?

Status
Not open for further replies.