The rehabilitation of Jared Goff under new coaches is why you don't give up on Fields.

Status
Not open for further replies.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
3 years ago people were saying that Trevor Lawrence was generational. Best Prospect since Andrew Luck.

3 years later they are debating whether or not he's even a franchise quarterback.

Stop falling for hype moron.
2 things here...

Just because they were wrong once, doesn't mean you should not listen to the people with the most knowledge towards a subject matter.

Caleb Williams is considered better than Trevor Lawrence by almost every scout out there.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
2 things here...

Just because they were wrong once, doesn't mean you should not listen to the people with the most knowledge towards a subject matter.

Caleb Williams is considered better than Trevor Lawrence by almost every scout out there.

Bro, they've been doing this all the time. Every other year or every 3 years is the next generational quarterback and they are almost always wrong. Stop being in denial

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Bro, they've been doing this all the time. Every other year or every 3 years is the next generational quarterback and they are almost always wrong. Stop being in denial
They do hype up a lot of QBs. I am not saying they don't. Caleb Williams though is rated higher than almost all of them. That's all I am saying.

Yes, Justin Fields was handed a shit sandwich. Maybe he goes somewhere else and does awesome. Point is though, Williams is far more talented than Fields ever way and that is just a fact. He has a much higher ceiling.

oso4lyf

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Miami Hurricanes
I don't know what happens the rest of these playoffs

But there will be some absolute 🔥 takes from Chicago fans

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Based on this logic we should have kept Mitch and many other QBs because QB accountability doesn’t matter it’s all coaching. Hell why even pay QBs big money because if we find the right coach they will make anyone a star. This is your logic

In all seriousness

Goff at least as shown the ability to pass the ball at a high level with his previous team. Hes had plenty of 4,000 yards 30 TD seasons and has taken his team to the Super Bowl.

Justin Fields is a running back playing QB. Hes a below average passer, injury prone high turnover QB with elite running ability. The only way fields will elevate to average is if he has elite talent all around him on offense. Coaching alone can’t save him
Alright Buddy! You're on the list!!!!

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That's right folks. Draft like you're scared of your own shadow, like MJY.
To be fair, I'd be scared of mine as well if it blocked that much light.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Who is talking about rehabbing Fields? I'm fine with any direction Poles decides to take the QB question.
Does new QB don't need a quality OC? The point is, for once, the Bears need quality OC just to get out the losing loop.
Hope all this make sense to grown ups here.
The problem is this damn cycle does not lend itself to a quality OC. If the news cycle talking about firing the head coach for a year and then they keep him, a highly regarded offensive coach does not usually want to come into that situation.

Washington

Liked Posts:
Time to move on from Fields. I prefer Williams. After watching QBs who are comfortable in the pocket and can throw WRs open in the middle of the field, I have seen enough from Fields are would prefer to see Poles take a chance on Williams.

It sucks that Love is as good as he is making GB already a playoff team as the youngest team in the league and Detroit is young and they have their QB. It is going to be tough to make headway into the playoff picture in the NFCN. Poor Minnesota. They are in dire need of a QB just like the Bears.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
The point of the thread is that it's nonsense. But it's the same type of nonsense the people who have been jumping into every conceivable thread to pound their fist for Caleb Williams have been using. Same structure of their arguments but flipped back at them.

And it has them all triggered that now if Caleb Williams fails, anyone who wants receipts can just come to this thread and get them all at once...
Nobody believes that was the point, most importantly you. You posted a terrible thread, end of story.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Will be fun to revisit when Goff gives away a playoff game.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
To put myself on record, I have no problem with the Bears drafting a quarterback. I just don't think it should be Caleb Williams. The dude screams bust.

On top of it, anyone watching the playoffs should see that compared to the Lions and the Packers if you take the quarterback completely out of it, we are very behind in terms of overall Talent. We need another haul. If we get one we can catch up to those guys.

Even a successful Caleb Williams alone isn't going to make up that much of a talent Gap.

Trade for a haul, pick up a quarterback with whatever second round pick you get back in return. Develop that guy under the new offensive coordinator and let fields start next year so that way the rookie can sit and learn.

Doing it that way brings your overall Talent level closer to Detroit and Green Bay and also nabs you a quarterback you can develop if you have the right coach in place.

Because if they blow the coaching hire, it won't matter who we have at quarterback.

And how do you feel today?.... On record?.... And how will you feel tomorrow?...

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Because coaching MATTERS.

And yes, I am making the same type of argument those who are anti-Fields have been making, on purpose, to show how stupid these types of arguments are, even when based on something true that happened once. If people can say the success of CJ Stroud is why we need to move on from Fields, I can say the rehabilitation of Goff means you keep him.

See how that works?

:smug2:
Goff wasn't rehabilitated. He was only required to do less with more...again. It's not as if he's taken that team over the top...like a real franchise QB could.

Must say though, throughout the past 2 decades or so of hearing fans say this or that failed Bears QB would go on to be great with another team, I never saw that happen. Harbaugh came close but it really ended up being just that 1 fluke year with the Colts. Maybe Justin? It's possible. Could see him take over for the Steelers and their rivalry with the Ravens heats up with those 2 most athletic QBs going head to head 2...or 3 times a year. I almost want to #callit.

Last edited:

abegibronreborn

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Iowa Hawkeyes
Because coaching MATTERS.

And yes, I am making the same type of argument those who are anti-Fields have been making, on purpose, to show how stupid these types of arguments are, even when based on something true that happened once. If people can say the success of CJ Stroud is why we need to move on from Fields, I can say the rehabilitation of Goff means you keep him.

See how that works?

:smug2:

That ship has sailed.

I wish JF all the best in Pittsburgh...It's time to move on, however. He's not a Bear anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.