The rest of the Olympic Hockey thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I'm sure a lot of us will be watching more than just Team USA's Men's team in the Olympics this year, so use this thread for all the other games you're watching.

Just finished watching Canada edge USA's women's team 3-2. Bit of a questionable goal helped decide the game, but US can't give up 3 goals in the 3rd period.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm sure a lot of us will be watching more than just Team USA's Men's team in the Olympics this year, so use this thread for all the other games you're watching.

Just finished watching Canada edge USA's women's team 3-2. Bit of a questionable goal helped decide the game, but US can't give up 3 goals in the 3rd period.

USA Women's studying the Hawks a little too closely this year? lol dominate for 2 periods, go in to the 3rd with the lead and then take your foot off the gas and coast the 3rd period giving the game away or forcing yourself to jump back in gear and win it at the end?

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Better to lose now than in the gold medal game.

I will be watching every damn game I can. Not sure why any hockey fan wouldn't want to.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
how are you all watching things? first row…..fucking nbc does't understand sports at all. They could show things live AND do a primetime highlights replay, for more ratings, wtf

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Watched a bit on TV this morning and also caught some of the action through the NBC Sports website. If you've got an online account with your cable provider, you just sign in and should be able to watch whatever you want--not just hockey.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
For those of random sleep schedules, hockey time men style has begun airing.

And early score by Austria over Finland

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watched a bit on TV this morning and also caught some of the action through the NBC Sports website. If you've got an online account with your cable provider, you just sign in and should be able to watch whatever you want--not just hockey.

Any idea for us cable-less guys? Nothing on First Row right now and the NBC sports site is about to expire.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
how are you all watching things? first row…..fucking nbc does't understand sports at all. They could show things live AND do a primetime highlights replay, for more ratings, wtf

As usual, hockey is the red headed stepchild. I think there is more Curling on primetime than hockey.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Any idea for us cable-less guys? Nothing on First Row right now and the NBC sports site is about to expire.

Other than the NBC Sports app on your phone, I can't think of any other options.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Sweden and Swiss are tied at zilch a bit into the 3rd. Haven't seen how it's gone until now though.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, seeing Sharp as a healthy scratch was certainly unexpected.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My lawd, Shea Weber is a joy to watch shooting the puck.

Fucking laser beam.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Mr. Car-Ter with a natty ice hat trick

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Mr. Car-Ter with a natty ice hat trick

Atta way Carter, get all of your goals out of the way now because God knows no one in LA can put the puck in the net.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Just an indication of how loaded that Canadian team is, I think. Not necessarily a condemnation of Sharp's play in their first game--Canada had a lot of trouble with Norway.

Would expect that we see Sharp back in the lineup - as you said, pretty much just Canada wanting to get all their players in and having a boat load of talent. If anyone has looked at Canada B team possibilities...it is quite amazing. Toews seemed to have some nice chemistry with his line yesterday, so Sharp could be placed elsewhere...possibly next to Crosby in place of Kunitz?

EDIT: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=443875

Just saw this on TSN. Sharp and Hamuis will be back in the lineup vs Finland. No word on who will be out.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I find I enjoy team Sweden a lot when I don't see so many names like Holmstrom, Franzen, Lidstrom, Henrik or Zetterberg.

Slovakia doesn't have it this year. The injuries to guys like Gabroik and their aged quality guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.