The rest of the Olympic Hockey thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
im confused on why there are 2 threads. if there is 2 threads one should be USA and the other should be the rest imo. il give dmeltzzz the choice on this one. :)

Sent from my Rotary Phone using Tapatalk

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
im confused on why there are 2 threads. if there is 2 threads one should be USA and the other should be the rest imo. il give dmeltzzz the choice on this one. :)

Sent from my Rotary Phone using Tapatalk

That's the way I've got it right now. Just threw up a third one (that's stickied and closed) with the schedule that I'll be updating tomorrow, hopefully.

CreepyBasementGuy

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Women's will play against Canada (of course) for gold. Haven't really watched women's hockey but I will probably check that game out.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Didn't think Slovakia would make it this close but Hossa being Marian on the spot

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Early exit for Slovakia means a bit of extra rest for Hossa and Handzus. Not a bad thing for Hawks fans.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Russia is looking for some extra rest too if they don't flip things around. Losing 3-1 to Finland at the halfway point.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Russia is looking for some extra rest too if they don't flip things around. Losing 3-1 to Finland at the halfway point.

Big win by Finland taking out the more individually talented Russia. Fun game to watch and Finland was very disciplined in the game they play. Just a couple more hours till USA now...can't wait

Also, seeing Lasse Kukkonen is quite the blast from the past.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Russia hasn't been able to play consistent good team hockey since the days of the Red Army teams. Somebody who plays disciplined and methodical is like kryptonite to them.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Finland has been really impressive without guys like Filppula & Mikko Koivu.

Certainly didn't think they'd go far without them two but major props.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Canada is tied 1-1 with Latvia after two periods of play.

Canada is outshooting Latvia by an insane margin but just can't seem to get anything into the net. This is hilarious to watch.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
What a game by Latvia and their goalie. Gotta love the Olympics, best of 1 where anything can happen. Sets up a USA/CAN matchup which pretty much everyone was hoping for.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
So glad that the USA/Canada game is at 11:00 that day. Definitely taking a long lunch break that day.

CreepyBasementGuy

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Latvia almost with a monster of an upset can't pull through. That would have been amazing.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Only saw the OT but its nice to know that the men haven't cornered the market on piss poor officiating. That phantom slash call on the US turned that whole OT period around....then they compounded things being too gutless to call a clear Penalty Shot. At least they were equally inept to both teams. Sometimes you wonder why the striped shirts are even out there.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Absolutely brutal loss by the US women today.

I agree with ya Diehard that it was a poor call, but I find it hard to blame officiating when the Americans had a 2-goal lead with 4 minutes to go in the game.

You just can't let that lead go to waste.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Absolutely brutal loss by the US women today.

I agree with ya Diehard that it was a poor call, but I find it hard to blame officiating when the Americans had a 2-goal lead with 4 minutes to go in the game.

You just can't let that lead go to waste.

Didn't get to a TV till the OT but even without seeing it, I'd have to agree with you. Were they bad goals? I guess I'll find out tonight on the replays.

CreepyBasementGuy

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That Women's game was horrible. The US did everything they could to make sure they lose that game. I guess men or women's we will always be second to Canada. I bet the men lose again tomorrow too.

When USA plays Canada , either gender, I feel like it's the Bears vs Packers....we have no chance, I'll root for us knowing we will lose, and we will always be their...well, we won't ever beat them.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Great game this morning between Sweden and Finland. Both teams know how to play on the international ice and are very disciplined in the game they play. With the win, it guarantees that atleast one Blackhawks player will win a gold medal.

Status
Not open for further replies.