CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thoughts on slots, who is out etc? discuss

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Peavy, Floyd, Liriano, Quintana, Humber. Sale thrown in when they let him go.

It's not terrible, but it's not good.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
sale is huge in the rotation. when he is ok the rotation can be dangerous.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
sale is huge in the rotation. when he is ok the rotation can be dangerous.

Yeah. Instead of a guy like Floyd as the number two, he's more of a 3 or 4. That doesn't really matter as a season goes on, though. It just makes it look a lot better.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah. Instead of a guy like Floyd as the number two, he's more of a 3 or 4. That doesn't really matter as a season goes on, though. It just makes it look a lot better.

especially when/if we are assembling our playoff rotation

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Peavy, Floyd, Liriano, Quintana, Humber. Sale thrown in when they let him go.

It's not terrible, but it's not good.

If Liriano is at least serviceable and Sale gets enough rest to have him in top form by October, I'd be very, very optimistic about a potential Sox playoff run.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Liriano is at least serviceable and Sale gets enough rest to have him in top form by October, I'd be very, very optimistic about a potential Sox playoff run.

Especially considering success against the Rangers and not being terrible against the Yankees so far this season.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
The team that scares me is the Angels. Fantastic rotation and a pretty solid everyday lineup too. I think they win the AL now. Not ahting on my Sox, just being real about it.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The team that scares me is the Angels. Fantastic rotation and a pretty solid everyday lineup too. I think they win the AL now. Not ahting on my Sox, just being real about it.

I'm thinking either the Angels or Yankees will win the AL. I don't see the Rangers being as good as they were in the last two years. Both the Angels and the Yankees have good pitching and great offenses.

I would also love to see my St. Louis Cardinal friends react to Pujols winning the series again.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets

:troll:

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Realistically, I don't see anyone being afraid of facing the Chicago White Sox in the playoffs. To the rest of the league we are the littlest giant, or a ship waiting to sink; well I like that mentality. Give the boys a chip to place on their shoulder. Tell them, yeah you won the division, and had (most likely) a top five record in major league baseball, but every team and their fans don't think you deserve to be here. Like 2005, just send our fantastic starters out there, let them pitch, let the fielders catch, and let the hitter hits, and show the rest of the league that we were meant to be in the playoffs, better yet the World Series.

ChicagoDawg1991

Not a bad rotation at all. Humber definitely will be out of the rotation when playoffs start(assuming we make it) and then it would probably go like this
Sale, Peavy, Quintana and Floyd as our starting 4. What about Francisco Liriano? More likely him and Humber will come out of the pen. Optimistic but we will see when the September Stretch comes

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not a bad rotation at all. Humber definitely will be out of the rotation when playoffs start(assuming we make it) and then it would probably go like this
Sale, Peavy, Quintana and Floyd as our starting 4. What about Francisco Liriano? More likely him and Humber will come out of the pen. Optimistic but we will see when the September Stretch comes

disagree about liriano.

as a starter this year

12 starts

3.63 ERA 87 k's

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
not saying that.

liriano>floyd
Liriano>humber

do you trust quintana enough?

I'd use Peavy, Quintana, and Floyd. Then Sale at some points. I like Liriano, but I'm not ready to put him in the playoff rotation. I want to see him prove something this year ON THE WHITE SOX before I can judge.

And I'm not saying that I don't think Liriano is good enough or that he'll fail so don't throw "sample size" at me. I'm just waiting to see what he does in Chicago.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
floyd is soooo bad. anyone counting on him if we make the playoffs is crazy.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
where else did I post it? the IGT? I mean it does pertain to both topics. carry on.

Well you didn't respond to me trying to talk about it. So this felt like a Joe move. Say something, get no response so you move it to a different thread that covers the topic.