The texan game might not be as competitive as it looks.

NastyNate

Liked Posts:
First off, I think it will be a competitive game regardless of who wins but that last paragraph of your post, I could reverse the teams and it would still be true.

Like this:

See, going homer to combat your opponents homerism doesn't prove anything.

Here's the way I see it. Both offenses will struggle running the ball early and will generally struggle in the first quarter of the game while they feel out the opposing defense. It will all come down to which QB plays better, imo. Cutler has to deal with his sub-par o-line against a top flight pass rush. He needs to get the ball out quick into his play-makers hands and frustrate the pass rush. Schaub enjoys better protection against the top flight pass rush of the Bears, but will be forced to stay patient and grind out long drives to get points as their usual deep chunk passes probably won't be available. That goes against the basic philosophy of Kubiak's offense, but certainly isn't an impossible feat. His receivers will need to absorb the beating the Bears secondary and LB put on receivers every week as they allow them to catch the underneath stuff, and hold on to the ball while doing so.

Both offenses face a pretty monumental task, and it will depend on which one can put their team on their back and win the game. My money is on Jay, but I'm admittedly biased.

Of course, if either team gets their run game established early, they have a very clear and distinct advantage. It would seem that Houston has a better chance of pulling this off from a talent perspective and from a play calling perspective, their yards per carry are down quite a bit this year. It will be a great game and I'm really looking forward to it.

That statement would hold true if the Texans didn't have the second best offensive line in the NFL in terms of sacks allowed, and the bears didn't have the 30th with 28 allowed.

NastyNate

Liked Posts:
Context, Nate. CHI's backup defense (all backups I might add) gave up an 80 yard run last week in mega-garbage time. Without that, CHI is ONE yard behind HOU in rush defense.

You better hope CHI's backups aren't in the game this week...

Indeed, but if my uncle didn't have a penis he'd be my aunt. We gave up garbage time td's to a few teams this year, tenn and denver come to mind. It happens as DC's try to play soft shell and give up the inside at the expense of burning clock. I'm taking nothing away from you defense, to be honest I don't know who wins this game.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Oops, I meant ONE yard behind TB, not HOU. TB is #1 in rushing defense BTW.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Indeed, but if my uncle didn't have a penis he'd be my aunt. We gave up garbage time td's to a few teams this year, tenn and denver come to mind. It happens as DC's try to play soft shell and give up the inside at the expense of burning clock. I'm taking nothing away from you defense, to be honest I don't know who wins this game.

You don't get it, HOU will be playing against CHI's starting defense, which has allowed less rushing yards than any other team in the NFL.

It's not about garbage time stats really, it's about being a different team (i.e. different players) on the field.

Bones40

Liked Posts:
That statement would hold true if the Texans didn't have the second best offensive line in the NFL in terms of sacks allowed, and the bears didn't have the 30th with 28 allowed.

That wasn't the point.

LovesDaBears

Liked Posts:
Context, Nate. CHI's backup defense (all backups I might add) gave up an 80 yard run last week in mega-garbage time. Without that, CHI is ONE yard behind TB in rush defense.

You better hope CHI's backups aren't in the game this week...

Exactly

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Remember, that's what a Phillips led Dallas team did to the Bears in 2010. They were blitzing like mad and Cutler was getting destroyed, until this little play happened and completely changed the game.

[video]http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81aa4b5c/Bears-Olsen-scores-on-39-yard-catch-and-run[/video]

Similar game planning should be a good remedy to their blitzing. Also, Forte needs to run like mad. If you continuously run at JJ Watt, that will keep him humble. Going to be a great game.
So if I'm reading this correctly, Phillips will keep the same game plan using different personnel, and the Bears just need to do what they did two years ago?

NastyNate

Liked Posts:
You don't get it, HOU will be playing against CHI's starting defense, which has allowed less rushing yards than any other team in the NFL.

It's not about garbage time stats really, it's about being a different team (i.e. different players) on the field.

Chris Johnson rushed on us in the 4th quarter too, with our 2nd string defense in, when we were up 38-7. Same story, different tune.

NastyNate

Liked Posts:
Remember, that's what a Phillips led Dallas team did to the Bears in 2010. They were blitzing like mad and Cutler was getting destroyed, until this little play happened and completely changed the game.

[video]http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81aa4b5c/Bears-Olsen-scores-on-39-yard-catch-and-run[/video]

Similar game planning should be a good remedy to their blitzing. Also, Forte needs to run like mad. If you continuously run at JJ Watt, that will keep him humble. Going to be a great game.

Continually run at the guy who leads the NFL in tackles for loss. I love it, do this!

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
We're not Tennessee, or Jax, or the clots, or any other crap team in the AFC/AFC South

Your only game against the NFC says otherwise. Face it, the Texans are a medicore team and nothing more than a product of a weak conference.

NastyNate

Liked Posts:
Your only game against the NFC says otherwise. Face it, the Texans are a medicore team and nothing more than a product of a weak conference.

Your strength of schedule is weaker than ours, FYI. And I do recall you guys getting beat by the packers as well.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
Your strength of schedule is weaker than ours, FYI. And I do recall you guys getting beat by the packers as well.

Our SOS is weaker than yours because you play in the AFC, where shitty teams like the Colts can make the playoffs.

NastyNate

Liked Posts:
Our SOS is weaker than yours because you play in the AFC, where shitty teams like the Colts can make the playoffs.

I can't even begin to decipher this. You do realize what you're saying, correct? You're saying that because the Texans win loss record of combined opponents is stronger than the bears win loss record of combined opponents, we're somehow playing shittier teams with better W-L records? How does that even make sense? Both teams are 7-1, both teams lost to the packers, and the Texans have the stronger SOS. I can't talk to you anymore, you're insane.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
I can't even begin to decipher this. You do realize what you're saying, correct? You're saying that because the Texans win loss record of combined opponents is stronger than the bears win loss record of combined opponents, we're somehow playing shittier teams with better W-L records? How does that even make sense? Both teams are 7-1, both teams lost to the packers, and the Texans have the stronger SOS. I can't talk to you anymore, you're insane.

It's pretty fucking obvious what I'm saying. Winning five games in the AFC is not the same as winning five games in the NFC. The Texan's SOS is harder because their opponents have won games against the AFC.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Lol at some of these responses. It is going to be one hell of a game if both teams show up. They should. I'm really looking forward to it. Preview of the Super Bowl IMO.

NastyNate

Liked Posts:
It's pretty fucking obvious what I'm saying. Winning five games in the AFC is not the same as winning five games in the NFC. The Texan's SOS is harder because their opponents have won games against the AFC.

Is this your boat?

tumblr_llm7u6yjz81qehfnho1_500.jpg

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I don't get why some of you think this is going to be an easy game. It is kind of mind boggling to be honest. Arian Foster is one of the best backs in the league. Andre Johnson might not be as good as he once was, but the dude can still play. Schaub isn't bad when he has time. They are great at the play action pass, which can cause us problems from time to time since we play so fast to the ball. Really good defense. Watt causes some serious match up issues with Webb and Carimi. But ok, it is going to be a cake walk. Don't get me wrong, I still think the Bears will win...but it is going to be one hell of a battle.

Spirit Hartigan

Liked Posts:
I don't get why some of you think this is going to be an easy game. It is kind of mind boggling to be honest. Arian Foster is one of the best backs in the league. Andre Johnson might not be as good as he once was, but the dude can still play. Schaub isn't bad when he has time. They are great at the play action pass, which can cause us problems from time to time since we play so fast to the ball. Really good defense. Watt causes some serious match up issues with Webb and Carimi. But ok, it is going to be a cake walk. Don't get me wrong, I still think the Bears will win...but it is going to be one hell of a battle.
Agreed. Very good test for Da Bears!

Rodneyr38

Liked Posts:
He does struggle to identify the blitz and hot reads, he looks @ BM and pretty much BM only. I think spreading it out is a bad plan against Houston, sorry. My explosive comment was a "general" comment and not directed @ you in any way.
Ummmm on the long TD to marshall didnt he look left and come back right??? On short quick throws aren't u supposed to stare down the reciever to make sure he has position? This staring down BM is getting pretty fucking silly. Hes a top 3 wr why the fuck would u not look his way???