onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
He refused to play QB. Check out the article I linked.

Oh I remember the game well. He did refuse...but they wanted him to play because they were out of QBs...

So Marc Wilson had to go back in.

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:
2006: Bears vs Seahawks

37-6 Bears.

Defense looked unbeatable. Tommie Harris looked like the DPOY. Grossman looked like a possible MVP. Team looked like a SB Winner.

Harris and Mike Brown got hurt, Rex went bi-polar, Bears were talented enough to get through the NFC...but didn't have the horses to beat Peyton Manning.

I was going to say the same game. Seahawks were coming off being the defending NFC Super Bowl team, and Chicago absolutely manhandled them in every aspect. It was like a changing of the guard in the NFC.

That being said, I sometimes wonder how good that Bears team was. Obviously they were really good, but I think they were also a little overrated. The NFC was at it's weakest point that it's been at in decades, and still hasn't had a season that weak since. No NFC North team finished above .500 other than the Bears, and the No. 2 seed Saints were 10-6.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Oh I remember the game well. He did refuse...but they wanted him to play because they were out of QBs...

So Marc Wilson had to go back in.

There would have been a million dollars in fines under today's rules from that game.

The Doctor

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
Paytons 275 yard rushing game.

And I was there...

[video=youtube;WQLc61vpjhY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQLc61vpjhY[/video]
I saw the game on TV. Walter is and always will be my favorite football player. Watching that video reminded me how special he was.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
There would have been a million dollars in fines under today's rules from that game.

They probably would've had to get players out of the stands. I remember so many players getting up after plays shaking their heads probably due to concussions. One bloody game...and literally if you talked to McMahon.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
I think he's thinking about the 2014 San Fran game. Bears were getting worked over, then Cutler got speared bad, and he immediately caught fire and the Bears rallied to win.

The game where the defense forced four turnovers to constantly give the offense short fields and the Bears offense kept getting stopped on first downs only for personal fouls to keep the drive going, but we were still told about how Cutty heroically carried the team.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Bears-Panthers 2005. Bears won 13-3 and absolutely manhandled one of the NFLs most complete teams. It put the bears in front for a bye week.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The 1985 shutout of the Niners, who were reigning SB champs. Week 5, was it? (Early October)

You knew that day that they were very legit SB contenders/front runners.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
I feel like 03 and 04 had lots of games that come close to this, but no single game or moment. We saw the young defensive core that would take the team to the Super Bowl in a few years and make them consistently competitive for the next decade in action and perform at typically high levels.

28-3 win over Arizona in 03 led by primarily young players was nice. It was the first blowout win, or win without an intense fourth quarter, the team had in two calendar years. I thought Brock Forsey ran for 134 in his debut, Justin Gage had a hundred yards as a rookie,

13-10 win over the Vikings in 03 for Grossman’s first start, with Tillman ripping the ball away from Moss could qualify.

24-27 win over Washington in Grossman’s second start, where we had a rookie QB lead a fourth quarter scoring drive as time expired to win.

Beating Green Bay 21-10 in Smith’s first attempt in week two 2004 was great. Grossman got a win, we beat Green Bay for the first time in eight games, got a two score win, and our defense was dominant.

I can’t remember the score, but we beat the Giants in NY something like 21-14 after falling down by two TDs immediately. We forced five turnovers in a half and Alex Brown had like four sacks. Rookie Tommie Harris dominated, rookie Nathan Vasher with an INT. That might have been the first true Lovie Smith era game where the defense did everything from start to finish, where you started to become excited to see the defense on the field.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I feel like 03 and 04 had lots of games that come close to this, but no single game or moment. We saw the young defensive core that would take the team to the Super Bowl in a few years and make them consistently competitive for the next decade in action and perform at typically high levels.

28-3 win over Arizona in 03 led by primarily young players was nice. It was the first blowout win, or win without an intense fourth quarter, the team had in two calendar years. I thought Brock Forsey ran for 134 in his debut, Justin Gage had a hundred yards as a rookie,

13-10 win over the Vikings in 03 for Grossman’s first start, with Tillman ripping the ball away from Moss could qualify.

24-27 win over Washington in Grossman’s second start, where we had a rookie QB lead a fourth quarter scoring drive as time expired to win.

Beating Green Bay 21-10 in Smith’s first attempt in week two 2004 was great. Grossman got a win, we beat Green Bay for the first time in eight games, got a two score win, and our defense was dominant.

I can’t remember the score, but we beat the Giants in NY something like 21-14 after falling down by two TDs immediately. We forced five turnovers in a half and Alex Brown had like four sacks. Rookie Tommie Harris dominated, rookie Nathan Vasher with an INT. That might have been the first true Lovie Smith era game where the defense did everything from start to finish, where you started to become excited to see the defense on the field.

That 2004 win over the Titans was cool too where we won on a QB sack safety in OT.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
2018 K. Mack vs the Packers
Most of of knew he was good but did we really know how dominant he is?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
The 1985 shutout of the Niners, who were reigning SB champs. Week 5, was it? (Early October)

You knew that day that they were very legit SB contenders/front runners.

The score was 26-10. It was week six in SF. The Niners shutout the Bears in the 1984 NFC Championship game.

They did shutout Dallas and Atlanta in the regular season. They blanked the Giants and Rams in the playoffs.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
2009--when Chris Williams shut down Jared Allen all night on MNF and Cutler threw 4 TD's. Chris ended up being awful and we know the rest

Beat me to it. The final throw to Aromashadu made me believe in both of them