The Trade down Clown Exercise (AKA Ommy aneurysm thread)

Who do you trade with for the Bears #8 pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Shit if i take the Buffalo trade and go by D.Jeremiah's mock then we still get Josh Jackson and C.Ridley since he has both still there after 21.

SP0wYg.gif

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
1[21] OT Mike McGlinchey [Notre Dame]
1[22] OLB Harold Landry [Boston College]
2[39] WR James Washington [OK St]

I'm not so sure J.Washington makes it out of the 1st round. I think he could even get picked ahead of C.Sutton and or C.Kirk but it's still so early to predict anything. The combine is gonna be big for all 3 of them. That's the first time i've seen anyone have H.Landry going to us. I really liked him for a while and then he started sliding down some boards but i still like him and think he'd be a good pick for us at 22.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I took the washington scenario since the Buffalo option is a pipedream. At least have all realistic options

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I took the washington scenario since the Buffalo option is a pipedream. At least have all realistic options
Sorry your Cheerios were pissed in this morning.
The 8 for 21 and 22 gives the Bears an extra 180 (1580-1400)draft value points.
The Chiefs gave up 27,22,91 for 10 a 296 point difference (1596-1300) last year.
The Texans ended up giving up the 25th and 4th for the 8th, a 1120 point differential(2520-1400).

Doubt the BUF scenario happens but what do you think Pace would give up if BUF came calling, equal value? Get real, the team trading up always gives up trade value and 180 points, equivalent to a mid 3rd, is what that scenario is worth. I seem to remember Pace giving up, what was it, oh yeah, the equivalent of a mid 3rd to get the QB he wanted.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Sorry your Cheerios were pissed in this morning.
The 8 for 21 and 22 gives the Bears an extra 180 (1580-1400)draft value points.
The Chiefs gave up 27,22,91 for 10 a 296 point difference (1596-1300) last year.
The Texans ended up giving up the 25th and 4th for the 8th, a 1120 point differential(2520-1400).

Doubt the BUF scenario happens but what do you think Pace would give up if BUF came calling, equal value? Get real, the team trading up always gives up trade value and 180 points, equivalent to a mid 3rd, is what that scenario is worth. I seem to remember Pace giving up, what was it, oh yeah, the equivalent of a mid 3rd to get the QB he wanted.

If Buffalo really believed in a QB who was there at 8, with all that draft capital they have I think there's a good chance they'd give up 21 and 22 and maybe a 5th or 6th as well. They also have 2 second rounders and likely think that a good QB could make them an instant contender.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Buffalo

Arden Key OLB and Derwin James SS

Natedogg8023

Liked Posts:
Ill take Buffs #21 & #22. Then, move both of them for a 2nd rd pick this year, and a 1st rd pick next year.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If Buffalo really believed in a QB who was there at 8, with all that draft capital they have I think there's a good chance they'd give up 21 and 22 and maybe a 5th or 6th as well. They also have 2 second rounders and likely think that a good QB could make them an instant contender.

The thing is that if they were alright with trading two 1st rounders and another mid-later pick then they'd probably trade higher then 8 and get the QB they like most before another team gets who they want.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
The thing is that if they were alright with trading two 1st rounders and another mid-later pick then they'd probably trade higher then 8 and get the QB they like most before another team gets who they want.

Depends on what it costs and who's available. They'd have to probably leap ahead of NYJ and DEN to do that, and I'm not trading the fourth pick for 21, 22 and and a 5th.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I think you’re right. Rosen, Darnold, Allen and Mayfield are probably going before the Bears pick. The Browns, Giants, Broncos and Jets all have a huge need at QB.

So if you are getting a guaranteed top four non-qb pick would you really trade it away???

That makes no sense to me unless someone was offering WAY WAY over value for us to trade out of the blue chippers.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
This idea that 4 QBs are going before the Bears pick is a little bit optimistic imo. Especially considering Cousins/Alex Smith could both end up as starters for new teams.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
This idea that 4 QBs are going before the Bears pick is a little bit optimistic imo. Especially considering Cousins/Alex Smith could both end up as starters for new teams.

Not to mention Bradford Keenum and Bridgewater could start at three separate teams as well.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ideally, Bears want 3 QBs picked before #8.

Still 1 or 2 QBs left for teams to fight & trade up for, while non-QB blue chippers all drop 3 spots.

I voted BUF trade given most value at high end, but any option where Bears stay in mid to upper 1st while gaining a pick or two would be nice. Get that 3rd back or a 2nd next year, or more depended on how far down the move.