The Verdict on McDermott

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This season cannot start soon enough!!

The most exciting aspect to me early in this NBA season will be to see if Snell/Butler/Mirotic come back even better as they have every summer, what form Rose is in, Noah also in that boat, and most intriguingly...

possibly getting a final verdict on McDermott very early. What kind of minutes he receives, the new coaches confidence level in him, and his new confidence having a coach who believes in him...

I feel like hit or miss we are about to see a lot about how to judge giving up those two firsts for this kid. I think he will succeed and be a pleasant surprise to some with the lethality of his and Mirotic's three balls. Butler and Rose just need to penetrate and defend, while Snell needs to take good open 3's and defend very well. When Dunleavy comes back we are going to have to make some moves in the front court and decide what the future of Bulls will look like.

I don't think the backcourt future will be decided until this off-season, but we will see a trade involving 1 or 2 bigs, and 1 SF before the deadline. We will add a point guard and future picks, trading Noah/Snell to contenders. Dunleavy will go to bench, and so will Noah essentially for Doug and Mitotic.

With the talent around him, D Rose needs to figure out he needs to be the old D-Rose and take advantage of open lanes.

ISUbulls

Liked Posts:
McDermott will be good. I would say cut ties with Rose and move on.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
McDermott will be good. I would say cut ties with Rose and move on.
Rose is here for at least 2 more seasons. Thats 2 seasons to figure out what Derrick Rose is. If he produces the Bulls keep him, if he's still all injury plagued, yeah he's gone.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So...what was the verdict?

RonnieTheBull

Liked Posts:
Yeah , its a really tough thing to judge . I mean to say McDermott gets his minutes , boy go on and shoot ; don't think twice on what you are doing out there . Don't think on your stats on-court coz that will make you nervous .

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The verdict? Not yet.......... The jury is still out!

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ermagherd Derg Mercdermert

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
White catch and shoot player

Who can rebound with a big body. Is big enough to occupy defensive space, and not just shoot player. But flat out fucking shoot player. With hustle, and a huge repertoire of back or front to the basket moves down low and mid range. Can score from anywhere, and can create space within contact from a variety of positions .

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The verdict? Not yet.......... The jury is still out!

That is what makes it so exciting!! I'm declaring that the verdict is about to come down in the next 2 months.

I forgot an added wrinkle of excitement this season is seeing if we can get the value out of our Deng dump with Karl turning a hot mess into a playoff contender in the West.

The Kings may fall apart, but if Karl can get them playing winning basketball we have a chance at two firsts again next year. I believe its the last year we can recoup a first from Sacramento, so it sucks if they suck.