The Walking Dead

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
One last thought on this angle.

There sure is a lot of irony that this whole Walking Dead 2.0 began with the actress that played Maggie leaving the show for making a fraction of the male leads in pay.

TWD is so f*****ing woke

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Now- Possible spoiler for those who did not watch last nights episode or have not read the comics-

They opened the door to Negan playing out his role in the comic last night. Defending Lydia, taking off... It is entirely possible that he winds up with the whisperers. He could tell the story of what went down, get Alphas trust, and BLAMMO!
We shall see how it plays out... but the stage is set for that to be a possibility.

Looks like they might actually be going the comic route- they even provided Negan with lucille 2.
The teaser with Eugene hearing the voice also goes along with the comics.

However- it could be the bait and switch game that they play sometimes with the comic vs. the series. Teasing one thing and going away from it.

Alphas tactics are pretty interesting. She could wipe out the communities whenever she felt like it, but instead wants to weaken them to the verge of collapse before moving on them.
Based on the reactions of her people, that isnt typical. Perhaps she is playing it this way to ruin life inside the walls enough to drive Lydia back to her.

Regardless, the biological warfare was pretty cool. Before Zeke took off his scarf, I though walker juice in the water was what was wrong with Zeke. It probably is what is causing the illness back in alexandria.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Finally... I am going to get my Negan/Beta showdown.

I lmao when he put the jacket on, grabbed Lucile 2 and went to town.

One gripe... I think their method of shifting Negan into role of protagonist was kinda ham-fisted.

Clearly Negan is not, nor was he ever 100% bad.... lots of grey area.

But that whole episode with Brandon and murdering that kid and his Mom, driving Negan to kill him.... it felt very artificial.

It felt like the writers shouting at me "SEE, LOOK! NEGAN NOT BAD CUZ OF WHAT HE DID TO ABE AND GLENN, SOMETIMES HE HAS TO BE LIKE DIS CUZ HE SURROUNDS HIMSELF WITH SOCIOPATHS"

I mean I like the Negan coming back thing, but this just reeks of "Shit Rick is gone and in the comics he is still the lead protagonist.... we need to shift the viewer's perception of Negan way back towards Hero/Anti-Hero"

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Since you follow the comics based on what you posted how many more seasons do you see?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Since you follow the comics based on what you posted how many more seasons do you see?

If that's aimed at me, I don't follow the comics... I've just skimmed bits and pieces on their wiki.

Comics have ended, so in theory the show could have an endpoint, but has diverged enough they can do whatever they want.

Considering they are spinning off a third show and don't show immediate signs of ending/merging FTWD into TWD, and they are making these Rick movies.... I bet TWD will continue for a minimum of 5 more seasons.

They could take it in a distinct direction different from the Comics.... expand the universe of the show well beyond the Comics as they already started with FTWD and now this unnamed 3rd spin off.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
But that whole episode with Brandon and murdering that kid and his Mom, driving Negan to kill him.... it felt very artificial.

I am actually sending AMC my dental bill from the constant cringing every time that Brandon kid had the camera on him.

I seriously almost walked away from the television and was going to tell the wife to let me know when he is dead and I will come back.

I suppose a freed Negan is a justified end, but that was just hideously written. Also...already bored with the attractive lesbians, which is a pretty terrible crime upon itself. The only thing missing was the record she was playing should have been Morrissey to truly express the emo oozing out of that scene.

ZZZZZZZZZZZ

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Finally... I am going to get my Negan/Beta showdown.

I lmao when he put the jacket on, grabbed Lucile 2 and went to town.

One gripe... I think their method of shifting Negan into role of protagonist was kinda ham-fisted.

Clearly Negan is not, nor was he ever 100% bad.... lots of grey area.

It felt like the writers shouting at me "SEE, LOOK! NEGAN NOT BAD CUZ OF WHAT HE DID TO ABE AND GLENN, SOMETIMES HE HAS TO BE LIKE DIS CUZ HE SURROUNDS HIMSELF WITH SOCIOPATHS"

I mean I like the Negan coming back thing, but this just reeks of "Shit Rick is gone and in the comics he is still the lead protagonist.... we need to shift the viewer's perception of Negan way back towards Hero/Anti-Hero"

That kid was waaaaaaaaaayyyyy too fucked in the head to be real. Given his absolute utter lack of being able to read people, there is zero chance he could have lived in the community and not be watched like a hawk with that level of crazy.

The Negan story should have had far more time dedicated to it prior to him getting thrust in to the thick of things like this.
They should have spent last season including more interaction between him and michonne or father gabriel or whoever- something to give more insight.
Using Judith for his sounding board was not near enlightening enough.

They really need to trim down the story lines. I dont give a shit about the lesbian couple from the new group. I dont really see it advancing the story overal- just a sidetrack that will eat up time as they split or make up.
Dont really give a rats ass about the Girl going deaf- doesnt drive the story.

I do dig the thyroid cancer sideline as an illustration on how much life sucks. 98% recovery rate in the old world, a death sentence in that world.
Are we to expect a grand sacrifice from zeke? TV rules say yes.

D.J. Moore

The Member
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I think Brandon's character made sense. He lost his parents to Rick and was forced to live at Alexandria for 7 years and to deal with it. He had not said anything or let any emotions out and the last thing he had memory of his parents was Negan. So when he saw Negan break loose he followed him to give him his gifts that he was always planning on giving him. Now that he is away from Alexandria he can let out all the emotions he has been keeping in for 7 years.

Regardless I'm glad Negan killed him.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am actually sending AMC my dental bill from the constant cringing every time that Brandon kid had the camera on him.

I seriously almost walked away from the television and was going to tell the wife to let me know when he is dead and I will come back.

I suppose a freed Negan is a justified end, but that was just hideously written. Also...already bored with the attractive lesbians, which is a pretty terrible crime upon itself. The only thing missing was the record she was playing should have been Morrissey to truly express the emo oozing out of that scene.

ZZZZZZZZZZZ

Srs where did that relationship come from?

This drama is emo af and entirely fabricated.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Srs where did that relationship come from?

And it has been apparently been a thing for years, but they decide to just shove it on us now because???

Maybe some girl on girl action would have helped them out, but we jump from nothing to some softcore love making montage to full relationship drama in less than sixty mintues of screen time.

Why should I care?

Gives more credence to the overall "feminization" of the show. Even Daryl is morphing into little more than a "love interest" for a deaf girl because apparently the redneck knew (some) sign language all along.

Again...."forced" does not even seem like a strong enough term.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
And it has been apparently been a thing for years, but they decide to just shove it on us now because???

Maybe some girl on girl action would have helped them out, but we jump from nothing to some softcore love making montage to full relationship drama in less than sixty mintues of screen time.

Why should I care?

Gives more credence to the overall "feminization" of the show. Even Daryl is morphing into little more than a "love interest" for a deaf girl because apparently the redneck knew (some) sign language all along.

Again...."forced" does not even seem like a strong enough term.

Daryl and the deaf girl have been in the works.. He started to respect her last season when they were tracking Henry after lydia escaped. He reached out to her to take care of his dog for him when he went out on another run... and the sign language thing was kind of cool- I think it was the episode where carol came back on the boat, you see an american sign language book in his pocket.
He had a thing starting for her and picked up that book to communicate better with her. He sucks at signing but he is getting better.

Of all the relationships on the show former and past, Daryl and her seem to be one of the most natural.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Henry/Lydia seemed natural to me.

Henry seems like the kinda dude who would smash dirty zombie-skin-wearing skanks.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Henry/Lydia seemed natural to me.

Henry seems like the kinda dude who would smash dirty zombie-skin-wearing skanks.
LMAO... In his situation He would probably go after anything with a pulse!

just started rewatching the old ones again, and there was a great maggie one liner at the farm that I forgot about--
Glenn- we still have 11 condoms left
Maggie- you see 11 condoms, I see 11 minutes of my life I will never get back.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

If they follow the comic story...which they seem to be getting back to.. maybe 2 or 3.

If they follow the comic, The whisperers should get resolved and the new "enemy" (if you can call it that) will be brought on at the end of this season.

As a matter of fact, based on the teaser for next weeks episode, I have a good guess as to what the "cliffhanger" will be at the end of the season.

With 5 episodes left, I am guessing 3 and a half on the whisperers conclusion and 1 and a half episodes setting up next year.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Prefacing with, gross... I know.

TWD has not explored people who sexually gratify themselves with Walkers.

Those sicko muvfukas have to be out there.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:

ZZZZZZZZZZZ

LOL, this. Ther Lesbs would be hotter, naughtier, and way less emo if I was directing.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You notice since Judith saved them and they joined the show, all the women in that group except the def girl have been super emo srs all the time.

Fat music teacher guy is jovial.

Def girl has a fun demeanor with Darryl much of the time or at least she comes off as neutral.

The other 3 are just fucking debbie downers.... angry/sad all the time.

And if you told me background story about them or if say the guy they were with who died had been their father figure or something, I might have an inkling as to why they are such fucking downers all the time.

Instead I know virtually nothing about them, 3 of their 5 personalities suck ass, and they add emo drama to a show full of plenty of emo drama already.

Writing tip for TWD.... when you add new protagonists characters to a story... make me like them or sympathize with them or empathize with them or laugh at their humor.... do something to get me on their side... help me understand them... so when they turn sour I understand it... or maybe I sympathize/empathize.

Make me love your protagonists.

Make me hate your antagonists.

Do not give me characters I don't know anything about who are just annoying cunts.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do not give me characters I don't know anything about who are just annoying cunts.

I am fine with these kind of characters under two conditions:

1.) Do not devote a third of an episode to whatever mundane crap they are doing.

2.) Make them Zombie Chow in six episodes or less.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Prefacing with, gross... I know.

TWD has not explored people who sexually gratify themselves with Walkers.

Those sicko muvfukas have to be out there.

I thought there was some allusion to that in FTWD at that weird ass trading compound, but that might have been regular prostitution they alluded to. Regardless, any world that has zombies will inevitably have someone going zombie pimp somewhere.

Had completely forgotten about that compound until you brought that up- LMAO at people tripping on walker brains. Who cracked one open and said "lets taste, shall we?"

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Going back over the episodes, I am ranking my favorite deaths.

Sam getting chomped for being a little bitch is my favorite. I stood up and pumped my fist when that walker chomped him. ont know why, just hated the sight of him.

Denise was oddly satisfying. I didnt mind her overall, but her death hit like sam jacksons death in Deep Blue Sea.
Yap yap yap ya-DEAD!

Daryl shooting Negans group with the RPG was another surprising and delightful death.

Abraham was stunning- Negan said he was going to "beat the holy hell" out of someone. Somehow I inerpreted that literally. Thought he was gonna get a beating, but not to death. Whack one where he got back up made me cringe, and then 2 or 3 in I just got more shocked... thinking "he is gonna kill his ass" sure enough, turned his head in to pudding.

Followed up by the first shot to Glenn- Thought they could not one up Abraham, and I was proven wrong in less than 5 minutes. The popped out eye was an especially nice touch.
(was glad I didnt read the comic before that- would have known it was coming. retroactively I am glad I read it. the panels of glenns death were faithfully delivered.)

cvlwz-dueaencut-207155.jpg