Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
They didnt gut the team, we kept the core intact and got rid of salary that is replaceable.

If you dont like what the team is doing, go follow another one. We are still a top 3 team in the West (could very well still be the best)

Again, I ask you, since we "gutted" the team, what do you suggest they should have done instead?

Got teeth? Keith doesn't.

JoeHawks is a fine gent
Liked Posts:
Stop bitching? I have a right to bitch considering I have season tickets for em ass clown.

Also, learn how to spell. It's re-sign not resign.
It's not knowing how to spell, it's called using punctuation correctly

i guess ill ask this time guys.

so what the fuck would you have done to keep the entire team in chicago. id really like to hear this. im sure stan bowman would love to hear this also because he obviously has no fucking clue and thats why he "gutted" the team.
:lmao:

I love how Joe always uses the fact that he has season tickets to prove he's a Hawks fan yet whenever something goes wrong (a bad stretch of games for example) he announces he will sell the rest of his season tickets :lmao:

Just because daddy buys you and him season tickets doesn't mean shit.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stop bitching and answer the question... seriously what would you have done differently?

Also Bowman should be credited with resigning Toews, Kane, and Keith when he did. Think what Keith is worth with a Norris Trophy in his possession, certainly more than 5 million a season. Also Toews would command 8+ million a season now (like Crosby and Malkin) after what he did in the Olympics and Stanley Cup Playoffs. We could have been in an even worse situation.

Ultimately I agree with your thoughts here but I don't like how you value Keith at his caphit of 5.5. What more, even with the Norris, can he ask for? Like you assume, he is worth more and he will earn more. Keith will earn the highest salary among his peers at his position next season at 8mil. Can he ask to be the highest highest or 1st 1st earning defenseman in the league above himself? Extending the deal to become a career term and decline in salary after 2012-2013 season makes the deal palpable (and juicy) capwise right now and was key. It is a risk the organIzation is willing to take and credit Keith for signing his last NHL contract (probably).

Toews and Kane are not on the same level as the 'Burgh duo, but again, I do agree with your assessment that getting them extended during the season was more valuable than trying to extend them now.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Check that, we should be doing this for all the off-season moves..

2wdnf42.jpg

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
Well Joe, nothing personal, but if you ever want to be taken seriously, you should consider answering the question about what you'd do differently.

Saying you're a season ticket holder is a statement. Anyone can make that statement ... the bigger point though is that being a season ticket holder or not - is not an answer.

I have taken in to consideration that you are pretty young - if that it your photo with Barker on here ..and you know I understand everyone has to start somewhere... but constant and unrealistic bitching is ridiculous.

I suppose you have a choice here -keep it up, and no one takes you seriously (and I know that you've been on other boards that I have -and rated nearly instant ignores from guys there ... including myself - but that was before I realized that you were a kid. )

I'm willing to accept that -but you know if you just go around talking shit all day for no reason whatsoever, it sort of limits the actual conversation as well as any value whatsoever to the boards here.

____

I do owe Savvy a thanks for his article -I know how much time that goes in to internet content and I also know that the pay (if you can call it that) sucks -if there is any at all. You want to know what's funny -half my family comes from Janesville.

Livewire

Liked Posts:
I was under the impression Joehawks was 22 years old, as his profile states. I am guessing that is misleading because his thoughts are those of a young teenager and if that is the case it would explain a lot.

Did you purchase those season tickets with your own money or did your daddy give them to you? Either way being a season ticket holder does not make you anymore of a hockey fan than I am. I have played the sport for 15 years now (I am 24 years old) and have been a die hard NHL and Blackhawks fan for just as long.

derosabomb

Joecawks is a dope
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
lol everyone hates joe.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You can be happy with how the off-season has unfolded.

That's your prerogative. How you're enjoying gutting the team is another story.

But as soon as someone doesn't agree, people get their panties in a bunch.

Got teeth? Keith doesn't.

JoeHawks is a fine gent
Liked Posts:

People "get their panties in a bunch" when a dumbass like you comes in and bash the Hawks about their offseason, and when asked nearly a dozen times to say what you would do differently, you ignore like the little bitch you re =]

Livewire

Liked Posts:

Not one person has stated they are happy with what has happened this off season. Most of us real fans knew a long time ago our situation and what was going to happen. Stating that we are satisfied with how the situation has been dealt with does not mean we would not want every player to return to the team, it just literally means we think the situation has been handled in the correct way.

You keep claiming you're unhappy with the off season and how our situations have been dealt with but still offer no insight to what you would have done differently. You just keep rambling on senselessly. So stop dodging the question you have been asked 100 times and answer it, or shut up about it.

Livewire

Liked Posts:
I would seriously just love if Joe was banned from the Hawks forum. That would be pure sweetness and a huge favor to the Hawks forum.

There is no way he is 22 years old like his profile states, the only way I believe that is if he admits to a severe learning disability.

derosabomb

Joecawks is a dope
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
i think joe and waldo are brothers.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
Fair enough -that is actually what I was looking to find out.

Edited: - I don't even know what my profile says my age is - I'll have to check now ...

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
HAHAHAHA my ignore list may have its first member

GrinderBall41

Sox/B'Hawks/Bears/Purdue
Liked Posts:
Add me to the "What would you have done differently" bandwagon.

Salary had to be cut, and so far we have cut it from the most expendable places. And we have gotten decent talent in return to build up the farm.

:dunno:

So yes joe this offseason is frustrating, but its a small price to pay.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
i could have been worse, teams knew we had to trade these guys and we STILL got good returns

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just don't understand how anyone can say this off-season has been good.

Maybe a little more perspective can be provided today for you via the Gagne trade (salary dump trade).

Gagne (40 points last season) for Matt Walker (who we all know is a warrior, but a meh bottom pair D) and a 4th rounder.

Now look at the ~40 point wingers we had to trade for cap room who also HAD to be moved.