There are a lot of decent mid-late rd QB prospects

AussieBear

This class seems to have a decent amount of mid-late rd talent at QB.. i cant remember a year like this... If you bring in the second rd in to the conversation, then the group gets really deep.. with the likes of 1st-2nd round rated talents cooks and lynch

I like hogan because of certain attributes...primarily because of his pro o exp, the shat above his shoulders, and not to mention he is functionally athletic... however, there are plenty of others with potential too.

I dont think Pace talking about mid rd QBs is a smokescreen. Could he pull the trigger at 11, sure, but if hes not sold... the value is there late and a new rookie QB is coming to chitown regardless of round.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
No I honestly believe this draft does. There's a bit of buzz and hype surrounding these kids but mid round draft prospects rarely turn into starters. As much as I'd like to live in that fantasy world the cold hard truth is it almost never happens. There's a half dozen guys from the last decade who have been in this category and only two have won Super Bowls. It's just not going to happen.

It's a shame that that is the narrative being pushed at the moment but the reality is stark.

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
Jeff Driskel. Didn't get a fair shake at Florida. Had 3 different offensive coordinators and no continuity.

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9wRZDgRFY2[/video]

AussieBear

No I honestly believe this draft does. There's a bit of buzz and hype surrounding these kids but mid round draft prospects rarely turn into starters. As much as I'd like to live in that fantasy world the cold hard truth is it almost never happens. There's a half dozen guys from the last decade who have been in this category and only two have won Super Bowls. It's just not going to happen.

It's a shame that that is the narrative being pushed at the moment but the reality is stark.

yeah two sb wins in the last decade.. However, during the last 10 SBs, 4 Different mid to late rd rookie prospects have played in 6 of the 10 games during the decade....plus one of those was a rookie free agent... thats reality..

well 11 sbs.. i counted back to 05-06 and matt hasselbeck

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
yeah two sb wins in the last decade.. However, during the last 10 SBs, 4 Different mid to late rd rookie prospects have played in 6 of the 10 games during the decade....plus one of those was a rookie free agent... thats reality..

and how many of them had elite defenses?

AussieBear

Jeff Driskel. Didn't get a fair shake at Florida. Had 3 different offensive coordinators and no continuity.

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9wRZDgRFY2[/video]

yeah driskel is one of them... a former 5 star recruit... hackenabooger showed promise at one point.. brissett, jones, prescott, hogan etc

Liked Posts:
There's 4 guys I wouldn't mind drafting in the middle rounds, but fifty said it best. It's still very much a crap shoot.

Prescott is gaining traction and someone I like a lot. Round 2-3 and I'm down.

Hogan really improved this year and I think he could very well be a solid backup QB at the very least. Round 4-5

The other two are Cardale Jones and Sudfeld. Jones just oozes with talent, and needs to sit for a few years but it could reap benefits. Round 3-5

Sudfeld is a guy I've liked for 2+ years now and had a bad showing at the Senior Bowl. Great arm strength and a big body.
Round 5-7

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
there are really only two QBs in this draft that id truly feel confident drafting with the intention of them being franchise QBs and both of them will go in the first.

goff and wentz.

im back and forth on lynch.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:

Are you trying to argue that this trend is moving in an upward trend direction or a favorable position for the Bears to find their next starting QB past round two?

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm sorry I found this thread too late Aussie. I was going to bring you a flame proof suit

PolarBear

Liked Posts:

What are you smoking? The only mid to late round qb's who were in the last 10 Superbowls were -

- Russell Wilson (accompanied by an elite defense and all-pro RB)
- Kurt Warner
- Tom Brady

So you are basically saying that the Bears should have no problem finding a mid round QB that can take us to the Superbowl as long as they either evolve into Tom Brady or Kurt Warner (those two guys were drafted 15+ years ago) or have them accompanied by a top 5 defense and rushing attack.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Matt Hasselback was 11 Superbowls ago and was accompanied by Shaun Alexander on the way there and a pretty nice defense as well.

If you want to throw 2nd round picks in there you got Drew Brees and Colin Kaepernick. Brees, along with Warner and Brady, is an exception. Kaepernick was accompanied by a top defense and rushing attack.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
dak Prescott would be my choice I think he has a high ceiling could be a 3-4 round pick and a solid back up day one. that may be a solid starter down the road

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Prescott played a little less Tebowish this past year and more like an NFL quarterback. If there is one guy in the middle rounds I would take a chance on, it is him.

corbi328

Liked Posts:
Just posted this in another thread because I did not see this one. I like several mid round QBs in this class but the one that is jumping out to me is Brandon Allen from Arkansas. This guy has gotten better every year culminating with a fantastic senior season playing in the SEC. Strong arm, very accurate, a quick release mobile and tough. I was very impressed with him in the Senior Bowl. The only reason this guy is not more highly thought of is that he measures at 6"1 with 8"7/8 inch hands . Candidly he reminds me a lot of Drew Brees. Pace saw first hand in New Orleans what a talented but short QB could do in the NFL. I'd be surprised if the Bears don't target this guy somewhere in rounds 3-5.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
there are really only two QBs in this draft that id truly feel confident drafting with the intention of them being franchise QBs and both of them will go in the first.

goff and wentz.

im back and forth on lynch.

Whomever selects Cook in the 2nd round, is going to be celebrating for years to come!!

Thread sent via SpartanPhone.bookit. :yep:

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just posted this in another thread because I did not see this one. I like several mid round QBs in this class but the one that is jumping out to me is Brandon Allen from Arkansas. This guy has gotten better every year culminating with a fantastic senior season playing in the SEC. Strong arm, very accurate, a quick release mobile and tough. I was very impressed with him in the Senior Bowl. The only reason this guy is not more highly thought of is that he measures at 6"1 with 8"7/8 inch hands . Candidly he reminds me a lot of Drew Brees. Pace saw first hand in New Orleans what a talented but short QB could do in the NFL. I'd be surprised if the Bears don't target this guy somewhere in rounds 3-5.

How many times is the letter "S" in the word sucks?? :lmao::slap::shot::rolling::bigfinger:

corbi328

Liked Posts:
We'll see. Three and a half years starter in the SEC. Senior year completion percentage of 66% throwing 30TDs vs. only 8 INTs against the toughest competition in the country. Runs a pro style offense and is mobile. Hopefully you are as eager to admit you were wrong when this kid gets drafted higher than most people think.