There is no way Pace and Nagy should survive this embarrassment on a national stage....

BigBill

Liked Posts:
You don't trust the guy who brought us Mitchell Trubisky, Mike Glennon, and Nick Foles to pick the next QB?

The guy who passed on Mahomes and Watson?

Gee, I wonder why....
More specifically, Pace brought in Mike Glennon to mentor Trubiskey. How fvcked up is that??

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
Yeah, but who’s going to make the new hires? As long as the mccaskeys own the team, this is what you get. Just sit down in front of the tv and watch this shit and be proud to be a bear fan. Oh, and shut the fuck up about how bad the team is, you’re bear fans!!!!

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Yeah, but who’s going to make the new hires? As long as the mccaskeys own the team, this is what you get. Just sit down in front of the tv and watch this shit and be proud to be a bear fan. Oh, and shut the fuck up about how bad the team is, you’re bear fans!!!!
Uncle Ernie is brushing up his resume. He’s about to hit another lick on the lions. I doubt the bears clean house but if they do Ernie about to have a really nice Christmas lol

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
Why fire anyone? People will keep watching, after the pandemic people will still fill soldier field. Why bother? The bears are a shitty team, will remain a shitty team, and keep disappointing fans forever. We must like watching shitty football...

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
This fire Nagy, but keep Pace sentiment is very bizarre to me. If anybody’s getting fired, Ryan Pace should be the absolute first to go without question.
I don't have any sentiment towards Pace. The McCaskey's have a poor track record of hiring good GM's...especially GM's who can fix offense. Nagy clearly needs to go. If Pace goes, you won't see me crying, but banking on the hire of a new GM being any better than Pace is truly bizarre.

Monster

Liked Posts:
I don't have any sentiment towards Pace. The McCaskey's have a poor track record of hiring good GM's...especially GM's who can fix offense. Nagy clearly needs to go. If Pace goes, you won't see me crying, but banking on the hire of a new GM being any better than Pace is truly bizarre.
One would think just getting a good one out of blind luck is likely at this point.... how many times can you bust in a row?

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
One would think just getting a good one out of blind luck is likely at this point.... how many times can you bust in a row?
As long as the team ownership/Phillips dynamic remains the same, the odds are they will pick another GM who can’t get the organization over the hump.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is there any big name out there you would want to come in and head the Bears for a turn around? Someone like a Jon Gruden? I honestly cant think of anyone.

brundleflyguy

Liked Posts:
Let's be real. What incentive is there for the McCaskey's to field a winning team? They're making money, they don't give a fuck about football, and they have zero pride (or their pride can't be hurt by losing).

You're asking McDonald's why they aren't trying to get Michelin stars. They don't have to. People will eat their crappy food forever. Bears' fans (like all of us) will live with crappy game play forever. If anything, losing teams have more rabid fan bases than winning teams (no bandwagoners, I guess).

I'm betting Nagy won't be fired this week. I'd love to be wrong.

Edit: Grammar and spelling. (FFS)

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Let's be real. What incentive is there for the McCaskey's to field a winning team? They're making money, they don't give a fuck about football, and they have zero pride (or their pride can't be hurt by losing).

You're asking McDonald's why they aren't trying to get Michelin stars. They don't have to. People will eat their crappy food forever. Bears' fans (like all of us) will live with crappy game play forever. If anything, losing teams have more rabid fan bases than winning teams (no bandwagoners, I guess).

I'm betting Nagy won't be fired this week. I'd love to be wrong.

Edit: Grammar and spelling. (FFS)
Except the Bears fired Trestman after only two seasons and Lovie Smith after a ten win season. The only reason Fox stuck around as long as he did was because he was brought in as a steward for the roster overhaul that was needed in the wake of Phil Emery destroying the roster.

Incognegro

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I vote to fire/reassign Phillips, hire a president that knows Football and let them hire the next GM/Coach vs another Ernie Accorsi selection.

greg23

Liked Posts:
I vote to fire/reassign Phillips, hire a president that knows Football and let them hire the next GM/Coach vs another Ernie Accorsi selection.

This should have been done decades ago
It's like he's a love child son of papa bear who was written into the will to forever be part of the organization