Thibodeau :Regular Season Win %: .657 - Post Season Win %: .447

RunRunRunPunt

Liked Posts:
Of course big blame goes to GarPax who were lucky that they got Nate Robinson and Augustin to save their regular season on consecutive years.

If they fail to obtain Melo in 2 months I really dont know if there is a plan (certainly Lance Stephenson and Pau Gasol arent going to cut it)

Might as well sell high on Noah or bring in Jerry Sloan

The Bringer

Beast Pro Legend
Liked Posts:
J0ar77d.gif

ThaGator

Liked Posts:
Well clearly you're going to have a lower winning % in the playoffs when you're playing all good teams. Not his fault he has a roster with nobody that can put the god damn ball through the net. How quickly we forget that this team went to the ECF two years ago when they had somebody who could score.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
thibs has his faults for sure....but i can't totally blame him for lack of success in the playoffs

since hes been here

2011 ECF
2012 Rose tore his ACL, Noah messed up his ankle, CJ made a bonehead play
2013 overachieved making the 2nd round
2014 we have zero offense

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, you can't blame Thibs for the playoff losses. His first year, we made it to the WCF with a healthy roster. Second season, we got bounced in the first round because Rose tore his ACL and then Noah got injured later in the series. Last season, we shockingly beat the Nets and then simply lost to the better team. We definitely overachieved this season and we're losing to a team that may be better talent wise than us right now.

Is Rose had never gotten injured, Thibs' playoff record would be much better right now.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Of course big blame goes to GarPax who were lucky that they got Nate Robinson and Augustin to save their regular season on consecutive years.

If they fail to obtain Melo in 2 months I really dont know if there is a plan (certainly Lance Stephenson and Pau Gasol arent going to cut it)

Might as well sell high on Noah or bring in Jerry Sloan

That's really funny. Thanks for sharing. I haven't laughed so hard in awhile.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Apparently coaches of teams that don't have an offense are suppose to produce one in the playoffs.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
#4 seed losing to a #5 seed, and people lose their minds. BLOW DIS SHIT UP!

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The elephant in the room is the fact that our only shot to improve the team's weakness is to land a superstar. We aren't going to get a draft pick in the teens that saves the offense. And I'm not willing to pencil Derrick Rose in for 75 games, nor am I willing to feel like he'll return to MVP form without getting to 75+ games. To be honest, I think having him as the focal point of the offense won't get us any closer to knocking off an elite team that has multiple scoring options.

This team needs shooters. It needs efficient shooters. It needs efficient shooters who move well without the ball and can help add variety to the offense. The only realistic options are to somehow pull Carmelo Anthony away from the Knicks (I'm putting those odds at 15%, still think if he leaves he's going to the Rockets or Clippers) or to give up on Butler and hope Gibson doesn't take another step forward and package them (in addition to another asset or two) and pry away Kevin Love from the Wolves. Again, any rookie we land isn't going to push us over the top, unless they come in and absolutely go on a tear -- I don't see that happening. There's still not guarantee that Mirotic is going to leave Spain, and even if he does, people who think he'll be the next Dirk Nowitzki are dreaming.

There needs to be a major addition. It absolutely has to happen. Subtle improvements can happen and Thibs will once again guide the team to the playoffs based on the team's defense. And we'll end up in the same boat getting pounded by athletic teams who love to run that have multiple scoring options. No matter how good the defense is, somebody is going to stay hot on the opposition during the playoffs, it happens every year. You aren't shutting everyone out for 48 minutes every night. This truly is a boom or bust offseason. Dump Boozer, let Hinrich walk, find a taker for Dunleavy if possible to shed his deal, and go into next season with a core of Rose (hopefully), Noah, Gibson, Butler and Snell. Add quality shooting to the bench that doesn't break the bank, try and keep the MLE to just Mirotic and throw everything else at a potent scorer. If it doesn't happen, we all had better get comfortable with watching the newest iteration of the Josh Smith-Joe Johnson era Hawks -- good enough to make the playoffs, bad enough to get erased due to some glaring roster ineptitude.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Well, I'm not sure anyone with(or is looking to draw in) sponsorships wants to sign with the Clippers this off-season. So maybe that outlook has to be updated. Otherwise, I agree.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Well, I'm not sure anyone with(or is looking to draw in) sponsorships wants to sign with the Clippers this off-season. So maybe that outlook has to be updated. Otherwise, I agree.

I'm not sure, man. I think the NBA is going to be swift with whatever happens with Sterling. His belligerent racism is well documented and has been going on for 30+ years. Adam Silver can't afford this to be his first huge deal as commish, and I think he'll do something emphatic to make a point.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I'm not sure, man. I think the NBA is going to be swift with whatever happens with Sterling. His belligerent racism is well documented and has been going on for 30+ years. Adam Silver can't afford this to be his first huge deal as commish, and I think he'll do something emphatic to make a point.

:shrug:

I'm not sure the NBA has the authority to use a scandal in order to kick Sterling to the side that quick. Silver has to still work within the contracts and rules of the league, as well as the law. Some of which is on Sterling's side.

DS would have to step down and sell the team. If the NBA buys LAC, it's going to be a mess too. Stuff like this doesn't fix itself quick. Apples and oranges, but Paterno was well loved before he got involved in that scandal, and even then, PS needed time to heal after PS/NCAA acted fairly quick as well. ESPN/the news world, is going to milk this story to kingdom come, and the free agency period starts in 40 days. I just don't see those wounds healing enough to invite new players with endorsements to LAC.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The only realistic options are to somehow pull Carmelo Anthony away from the Knicks (I'm putting those odds at 15%, still think if he leaves he's going to the Rockets or Clippers)
No one is going to the Clippers anymore as long as Sterling is there. I'm not sure the league can legally force him to sell the team either for comments.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls

So far, you're half right within our disagreements(making me half wrong). Quicker than I expected for sure.