Donator
Liked Posts:
That is gold

for those that don't want to click..

yhp8kniozy801.gif

Aaron Rodgers is a terrible person.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Everything coaches say are overrated and cliche. I honestly don't understand why you guys continue to put stock in their hollow words/promises.

we should print out this thread and send it to Halas Hall so Nagy knows not to say these things.

must be nice to have absolutely nothing better to do with your life than talk about stupid shit like this lol

go make another mock draft, I'll have that notarized to Ryan Pace so he knows who to draft.

Liked Posts:
we should print out this thread and send it to Halas Hall so Nagy knows not to say these things.

must be nice to have absolutely nothing better to do with your life than talk about stupid shit like this lol

go make another mock draft, I'll have that notarized to Ryan Pace so he knows who to draft.

I have never once made a mock draft.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
There are some things the coaches will always say, and anything else is bonus that I'm not expecting.

He'll absolutely talk about the "rich history and tradition of the Chicago Bears."

He'll absolutely say his goal is to "win a Super Bowl with the Chicago Bears"

He'll absolutely say "it starts with our division."

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
I don't want to hear about 'Bear football'. Which is apparently playing good defence and running it a lot.

Fox talked about that. Fox tried to do it. Pace talked about it too but at least he's seemingly recognised that error.

What people think of as Bear Football doesn't work anymore - you need to play good defence to win championships regardless, but offensively for a long time the best recipe for success has been passing the ball and having a great QB. 'Bear football' is out of date, and you could probably say that Nagy has been chosen precisely to take us away from that. Our history at Quarterback is bad to epic proportions, and this idea that because its cold in Chicago in the winter you can't pass the ball (whilst our biggest rivals who have just as cold winters have two hall of fame QBs back to back) is a big part of what holds us back.

Talk about the history is OK for me, its natural to mention that - but I hope to hear more about new ideas and major change on the playing side. This is a franchise that needs to bring itself into the 21st century - the pitch needs to be about tearing those traditions up from a playing perspective.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Would be nice if we finally had a HC that could win something, even if it's only a press conference. Nagy comes across as a regular guy that is a football nerd with a great feel for the game. I don't know if this has been mentioned but his great success as an arena QB could help the red zone O.

cbo0485

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I most DEFINITELY don't want to hear him mention we'll be selfish and un-disciplined!

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
1) The goal of beating the Packers
2) The "tradition" of the Bears franchise

These things are highly overrated and cliche.

I don't care if he sings Hello Dolly as long as he wins division games and develops Trubisky....

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
There are some things the coaches will always say, and anything else is bonus that I'm not expecting.

He'll absolutely talk about the "rich history and tradition of the Chicago Bears."

He'll absolutely say his goal is to "win a Super Bowl with the Chicago Bears"

He'll absolutely say "it starts with our division."

I am ok with all these

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You know he's going to bring up the second one. Even besides the asskissing, a lot of football guys really do appreciate the history of the game.

As far as I'm concerned, respect should be paid to the rich history of the franchise. Call it a cliche if you want, but I think it's important. I don't think you are necessarily "living in the past" if you pay homage to the organization's history. It would be super fucking great though if we could actually start winning, and stop pointing to 1985 to make ourselves feel better.

Phibbulous

Thread Killer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Toronto Blue Jays
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Toronto Maple Leafs
  1. Michigan Wolverines
That he just saved 15% with Geico

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just don't want to hear the word "collaborative"

Mikeropod

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. San Antonio Spurs
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Cleveland Browns
  1. San Jose Sharks
  1. Miami (Ohio) Redhawks
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
If you had said Andy Reid, you would've been right on target.

Mikeropod

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. San Antonio Spurs
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Cleveland Browns
  1. San Jose Sharks
  1. Miami (Ohio) Redhawks
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I wanted him to say something to the effect of: "I'm putting the league on notice, the Chicago Bears are coming for you."