This Blackhawks team is not even in its prime yet.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Loopholes. In theory, you can sign the top 12 forwards, top 6 d men, top 2 goalies pound for pound in the NHL and be under the cap. That is, if everyone's willing to accept a 30 year contract and guarantee money upon retirement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Ok, bandwagoner. There is no such thing as a 30 year contract in the NHL any more. Hossa, who it seems many have written off in this thread....wait, do you guys even watch the game? Hossa is playing the best, most complete hockey of his career and now he is washed up? When that day comes and he don't have the legs, this guy is gonna stack up the Hawks third line and make it a mis-match in talent compared to every other team in the NHL. His defense is god-mode at times and the only reason he hasn't been considered a front runner for the Selke is on account of Toews and the position he plays. Shaking my fucking head, indeed.

This team is in its prime right now the way its built, and the window for this core is two more years after that. Bowman will have to re-tool a thing or two to restart the Cup contender window, but with the way he drafts, the problem is a great one to have and a quick fix.

Oh yeah, lol at Keith slowing down any time soon. I will bet money he out performs both Kane and Toews for the next decade.

CHAMPS!!!

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Ok, bandwagoner. There is no such thing as a 30 year contract in the NHL any more. Hossa, who it seems many have written off in this thread....wait, do you guys even watch the game? Hossa is playing the best, most complete hockey of his career and now he is washed up? When that day comes and he don't have the legs, this guy is gonna stack up the Hawks third line and make it a mis-match in talent compared to every other team in the NHL. His defense is god-mode at times and the only reason he hasn't been considered a front runner for the Selke is on account of Toews and the position he plays. Shaking my fucking head, indeed.

Yeah, this probably should've got mentioned a lot sooner. I mean, Jagr is currently leading the Devils in points at the age of 41. Chelios played well into his 40s. I don't think there's anything wrong with thinking that Hossa has another good 5-6 years of hockey in him. And if he takes a step back from the outstanding player that he is now, he'll still be better than at least 50% of the rest of the NHLers.

IvyPickin87

Sinkin Putts ****in Butts
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm also glad guys mentioned Defensemen. I watched Rockford take on Iowa last night. The forwards look good in the offensive end. But the defense was shaky. Iowa did what it wanted to while in their offensive end. When the guys in the NHL falloff/ injuries take hold, there is not much in Rockford that would make me feel confident. But with all of the depth in the forward positions, if we need to replace a top 4 d man, we should have the bait to get what is needed at that time. The future is bright in Chicago as long as injuries remain minimal. Now we should prolly burn this thread to undo any jinx's that may or may not have been placed. Go Hawks!