This is surely Hester's last year right?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I have always loved watching Hester returning kick offs and punts, but this year it looks like he has lost a bit of speed. He used to burst through a hole and make guys miss with his speed, but not any more.

Yep. He's going to turn 31 next month. It's not surprising that he'd lose a step, but with his particular skill set, losing a step is huge. And truthfully, he's lost a couple of steps.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Sure would like to see him get 1 more and break that record. He deserves it. Not now, but at one time, best ever.

Probably is his last year with the Bears and I wish him well.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yep. He's going to turn 31 next month. It's not surprising that he'd lose a step, but with his particular skill set, losing a step is huge. And truthfully, he's lost a couple of steps.

He has also lost his heart and common sense...2 of 3 of his kickoff returns last night he should have taken a knee in the endzone. Plus he consistently dives into the ground when a tackler approaches

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I just hope Gould doesn't kick Hester's ass. Gould's leg has gotten really strong over the years and Hester needs his asshole for pooping.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let's just go through a few stats to show how ridiculous this conversation is:

Bears are 4th in the NFL in Average Yards Per Kick Return

so you are probably saying, that is because there are a few good returns distorting that stat.

Bears are 1st by a lot in returns over 20 yards with 17. The next closest is 12.

Bears are 1st in 40 yard returns

Bears are 1st in total return yards, again by a real lot

And you guys want to get rid of him? The rule changes have really hurt returners, but obviously, we still have the best. The numbers do not lie.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Let's just go through a few stats to show how ridiculous this conversation is:

Bears are 4th in the NFL in Average Yards Per Kick Return

so you are probably saying, that is because there are a few good returns distorting that stat.

Bears are 1st by a lot in returns over 20 yards with 17. The next closest is 12.

Bears are 1st in 40 yard returns

Bears are 1st in total return yards, again by a real lot

And you guys want to get rid of him? The rule changes have really hurt returners, but obviously, we still have the best. The numbers do not lie.

While I agree, we need to see what else we got. And the numbers could be a LOT better if Hester would make better decisions on fielding the ball. (of coarse, teh blocking is shit, so what are you going to do, pay a guy to fair catch all day?)

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
While I agree, we need to see what else we got. And the numbers could be a LOT better if Hester would make better decisions on fielding the ball. (of coarse, teh blocking is shit, so what are you going to do, pay a guy to fair catch all day?)

Statistically, the best part of the entire Bears game is kick returns, where we are clearly Top 5 in everything. Robbie Gould and our receivers are great too. But why we are bashing one of our hugest assets is mind boggling.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Hester will be joining Julius Peppers and Earl Bennett on the express train out of town.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Statistically, the best part of the entire Bears game is kick returns, where we are clearly Top 5 in everything. Robbie Gould and our receivers are great too. But why we are bashing one of our hugest assets is mind boggling.

I think people are just disappoint that Hester is not breaking them like he used to and that he appears frustrated and desperate to the point he's costing us touchbacks. Just for shits and gigs, it would be nice to see Ford get a little.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think people are just disappoint that Hester is not breaking them like he used to and that he appears frustrated and desperate to the point he's costing us touchbacks. Just for shits and gigs, it would be nice to see Ford get a little.

But he's number one statistically in the whole league. It is a relative thing, the rule changes have killed the kick returners. It is the equivalency of taking Marshall out of the game and putting Anderson in for shits and gigs.

Matt

Liked Posts:
It is a shame what has happened to Hester. I would bet that this is going to be his last season. It may even be his last season on *any* team!

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is a shame what has happened to Hester. I would bet that this is going to be his last season. It may even be his last season on *any* team!

It's a shame that he is top kick returner in the league?

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
IF Hester is the top KR in the league, it's because of the Vikings game. He hasn't done shit outside of that game..Lets see where he winds up at the end of the season

Matt

Liked Posts:
It's a shame that he is top kick returner in the league?

Almost half of those yards came in one game :shrug:

Overall he hasn't been that good. He dances too much, goes backwards too much, doesn't find the whole as well as he used to, etc. He's just not the same anymore.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
But he's number one statistically in the whole league. It is a relative thing, the rule changes have killed the kick returners. It is the equivalency of taking Marshall out of the game and putting Anderson in for shits and gigs.

I guess, but remember when we had El Matador? Just the difference in running style gave a little wrinkle. Why not put them both back there? I am by no means hating on Hester but we will have to transition at some point and we got a guy who looks pretty decent at that game.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Almost half of those yards came in one game :shrug:

Overall he hasn't been that good. He dances too much, goes backwards too much, doesn't find the whole as well as he used to, etc. He's just not the same anymore.

No, the stat that disputes that is he has 17 returns of more than 20 yards. By far best in the NFL. The next closest is 12. Now, you might say that a kick returner is not as important as it was, as rule changes have taken away their significance and importance. But replacing Hester, at this point, would only be a downgrade, unless his replacement is the best in the league, which right now Devin Hester statistically is.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, the stat that disputes that is he has 17 returns of more than 20 yards. By far best in the NFL. The next closest is 12. Now, you might say that a kick returner is not as important as it was, as rule changes have taken away their significance and importance. But replacing Hester, at this point, would only be a downgrade, unless his replacement is the best in the league, which right now Devin Hester statistically is.
More than 20= 21

Plus, the vikes game influenced those stats...Like I said..Lets see where he ends up at the end of the season

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
17 returns, not yards. God, you're dumb. haha, nice retro-edit.

Last edited:

Matt

Liked Posts:

I think that's because Hester brings it out of the end zone more frequently than other returners. If he cathes it in the back of the end zone and returns it to the 15, that's a return of over 20 yards. It isn't impressive and actually hurts us.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think that's because Hester brings it out of the end zone more frequently than other returners. If he cathes it in the back of the end zone and returns it to the 15, that's a return of over 20 yards. It isn't impressive and actually hurts us.
Bingo...He gets the 20 by taking a knee