This offense can be sneaky good

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like Mooney, but if he is all the Bears walk away with after two consecutive receiver loaded drafts...they need to lock down ARob this summer.

Revamping the QB Room should have his attention and not drafting his replacement should win back some loyalty points.
No there’s a Super Secret WR pipeline. Arob is replaceable. He doesn’t deserve WR1 money., even though, he is.. plus, once George is granted access to the pipeline we can just teleport in receivers at will.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Even with dalton they could be much improved over last year.

Arob, Mooney(year 2), Kmet, Jimmy G, Monty, Cohen and we pretty much have 4/5 linemen of the future

Just need to get a 3rd WR and a LT and this offense is ready to boom.

God damn, watching fields/cohen running the RPO will be fun.
Pretty frustrating given the money caught up in Graham and QB's and the LT's that were on the move this off-season.

msadows

Liked Posts:
No there’s a Super Secret WR pipeline. Arob is replaceable. He doesn’t deserve WR1 money., even though, he is.. plus, once George is granted access to the pipeline we can just teleport in receivers at will.

Love how bears fans think #1 WR's are expendable just because we've been spoiled with 3 of them in the last decade after not having one for decades.

I fully expect Arob back now. He's one of the biggest keys to fields development. You need a guy like arob who can win a 1v1 matchup on 3rd down as a security blanket.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Love how bears fans think #1 WR's are expendable just because we've been spoiled with 3 of them in the last decade after not having one for decades.

I fully expect Arob back now. He's one of the biggest keys to fields development. You need a guy like arob who can win a 1v1 matchup on 3rd down as a security blanket.
Thats why I think Fields was the right pick for leadership. He is a guy this mature team will have patience for in development and stay behind through this transition.

Interesting to see if A-Rob decides to groom him or move on to win now.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
No there’s a Super Secret WR pipeline.

Super Secret WR Pipelines?

High Celing Lightning Fast QBs???

Punch You In Your ****ing Face Tackles?!?

This still is the Chicago Bears forum, right?!?!?

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't say sneaky good, but there are a few good things going for us. Our running game is now much improved and we should have the RT and QB position covered cheaply for a few years, which will give us cap space flexibility.

BPo001

Liked Posts:
If Mooney and Kmet make a jump in year 2, they could be above average, if not, they'll struggle, much like last year, especially with Nagy calling plays again.

Like you said, the OLine looks to be solid enough at 4/5 positions. Unfortunately, that one position they lack is the most important one.

I'd love to see them add more speed at either the WR or RB position. That is the one thing they really lack. Outside of Mooney, they don't really have a guy defenses have to worry about burning them.
They just signed Goodwin at WR. One of the fastest guys in the league.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I still have serious doubts around Nagy and his bizarre personnel groupings and playcalling. Hope I’m wrong.
Well we’ve had no quarterback no offensive and line lost a running back last year. I’ll give it another year to see how much better it can be.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
It can be sneaky good if Fields starts. With Dalton it is pedestrian. Dalton is a NFL back-up at this stage of his career.

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
Now if they could only draft a new HC/Play Caller….
As much as Nagy has frusturated me in the past, it is very likely that he was playing with a half deck. Once Fields has some experience under him and he pans out like we hope he will then i will reevaluate Nagy's offense and play calling.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
People honestly think Dalton is gonna see playing time? With all the hype over Fields, the Bears simply cannot roll with Dalton anymore. The fanbase isn't gonna want Fields on the bench all year.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
People honestly think Dalton is gonna see playing time? With all the hype over Fields, the Bears simply cannot roll with Dalton anymore. The fanbase isn't gonna want Fields on the bench all year.
Maybe around week 8?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Even with dalton they could be much improved over last year.

Arob, Mooney(year 2), Kmet, Jimmy G, Monty, Cohen and we pretty much have 4/5 linemen of the future

Just need to get a 3rd WR and a LT and this offense is ready to boom.

God damn, watching fields/cohen running the RPO will be fun.
We just need a LT is like saying we just need a QB when you don't have one. We have Leno for one more year and hope he steps it up in a contract year. 3rd WR will be today. I expect Pace to take multiple shots in 6 or trade up into 5. That or waivers later. Another option is more Cohen in the slot which I feel they've really neglected.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe around week 8?
I'm pretty sure Dalton starts the year. After that it's up to Fields but 6 weeks or more simply get into the flow, acclimate and learn is not a bad thing. Hopefully Dalton can hold the fort and we get a midseason-ish bye. That might be a good opportunity.