This picture says it all.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yet another playoffs missed for Marshall... dude is going to explode.

He didn't help with those drops especially that last one. He catches that and gets some YAC we have a better chance

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Emery and Trestman have one more year to reach the playoffs or they will start feeling the heat.

huh? Trestman just got here lol

Chad_Thomas89

BANNED
Liked Posts:
I only remember one, the one at near the end of the game that would have saved the Bears from needing a hail mary pass.
He had a couple bad ones today but he has had the case of the drops the past few games now and it's getting tiring.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
what in the living hell did he ever see in Shea McLellin, that really is what worries me the most

reach on a bad pick

Let's hope emery pulls some genius shit this offseason like he managed to do for the offense

Why did you bring up McClellin? I never mentioned that he was a good pick or anything.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Why did you bring up McClellin? I never mentioned that he was a good pick or anything.

I know, I'm just saying the Shea pick and hiring Mel Tucker are his worst 2 moves on D thus far.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
I know, I'm just saying the Shea pick and hiring Mel Tucker are his worst 2 moves on D thus far.

It's just so tough to tell on the Tucker thing. I mean it certainly looks on the surface like he was a bad hire but with everything that went on with that side of the ball it's just tough.

I wouldn't be opposed to bringing someone else in though provided they are an upgrade. I don't want a change just to make a change.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
what in the living hell did he ever see in Shea McLellin, that really is what worries me the most

reach on a bad pick

Let's hope emery pulls some genius shit this offseason like he managed to do for the offense

To be fair, Shea stepped up today - relatively - he was actually credited for one solo tackle. He finished the season with 13 solo tackles, which nearly doubles last season's total of 7 solos. With continued offseason strength training and development, Shea may reach 20 solos next season.

Just saying, comparatively, the undrafted Tez Burfict who I wanted in a late-round grab, has 178 solo tackles in the same time frame. Yes, different positions, but still....

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
But i thought 'trest' hired tucker? </sarcasm>

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
It's just so tough to tell on the Tucker thing. I mean it certainly looks on the surface like he was a bad hire but with everything that went on with that side of the ball it's just tough.

I wouldn't be opposed to bringing someone else in though provided they are an upgrade. I don't want a change just to make a change.
NO. NO. No fucking excuse. No fucking excuse from that dude.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
AHSillini32 thinks that Ratliff and Anderson are solid starting NFL players. Lol

Ratliff wasn't the problem but you are pretty fucking stupid so....................yeah. Also aren't you going to blame Jay for this loss?

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
NO. NO. No fucking excuse. No fucking excuse from that dude.

I said I'd be okay with an upgrade didn't I?

AHSillini32 thinks that Ratliff and Anderson are solid starting NFL players. Lol

If they aren't counted on to be in the top 3 players on the defense they are you dip shit. Those are two guys that can be solid defensive players who do their jobs if you have other guys around them who do the same.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He had a couple bad ones today but he has had the case of the drops the past few games now and it's getting tiring.
He had 6 catches on 10 targets. 1 was the drop i talked about, another was the game ending INT, 1 was early when Cutler threw it really low and Marshall couldnt get it. So I can't account for the last target, but maybe that was a drop? I dont remember seeing one.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Ratliff is solid as long as there a better DT playing next to him.

Anderson is like the Hillenmeyer role. He'll never be a stud, but he can play decent next to two other good LBs. When he's counted on to be the veteran LB like he was after Briggs and DJ went out with injuries..yeah then you got problems.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Another thing to consider is that we managed to remain remarkably healthy this entire year on offense, aside from Jay Cutler. Nobody on the O line was injured, nobody important on our Wr corps and Forte and Martellus played in every game.

We may have some better luck next year regarding defensive injuries but I dont expect us to remain this healthy on Offense next year

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
1100p

I'm disgusted by this team.

I'm not, the offense played their hearts out and Marshall always does, I can't be mad at these guys but I am disappointed along with them. Here's to next year and with a competent D a possible playoff run!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Packers play like they care .. the Bears don't. It will ALWAYS end this way.

I am disgusted with a whole lot of the Bears play this season, and today.

But the Packers didn't play any better. They picked up a fumble because our guys were not only too stupid to go after it when it was on the ground, but also too stupid to even react when the GB WR did go after it.

Other than that, they weren't one bit better. GB sucked today. We just sucked more.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
Ratliff is solid as long as there a better DT playing next to him.

Anderson is like the Hillenmeyer role. He'll never be a stud, but he can play decent next to two other good LBs. When he's counted on to be the veteran LB like he was after Briggs and DJ went out with injuries..yeah then you got problems.

This is exactly my point. Sign some top end FA's and get a solid, instant starter at #14 and guys like Ratliff and Anderson turn into beloved role players.