This year's Bears D looks exactly like Mel Tucker's Bears D

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I've been trying to ignore responding to you but i cant help it here. You call me the dummy, yet you're talking about a different year. I said Kyle Fullers rookie year, so im referencing 2014, the year the defense was worse. Peppers was on the Packers that year.

Thanks for playing. Another common L for remy. Go ahead and try to spin this and vortex yourself, moron.

Tucker was the D coach for 2013 and 2014. The Bears were terrible both years.

If if you wanted to limit it to 2014. Willie Young had 10 sacks. Jay Ratlif had 7 and wad one of the best interior defenders that year. Team also had Lamar Houston who excelled for a time under Fangio.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No shit. Thanks for the breaking news. bye

So you tried to cherry pick a year and you are still a dummy. If you wanted to limit it to 2014. Willie Young had 10 sacks. Jay Ratlif had 7 and was the 4th highest ranked interior defender that year behind JJ Watt and Aaaron Donald. Team also had Lamar Houston who excelled under Fangio. Hell even Jared Allen graded out as a top 20 Edge player. Tucker just sucked. Trying to pretend he had no talent is laughable.

Of guys that played 400+ snaps Briggs was the 10th highest graded player and DJ and Fuller were 17 and 18. So you literally tried to pretend some of the worst players on the D that year were the best.

Last edited:

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
I don’t believe it was a conditioning problem the Bears dominated the time of possession in the 1st half. The defense was barely on the field.

They have given up over 30pts in 3 games in less than 1/2 the season. They aren’t has bad as Tuckers defenses but they are a bad unit, no question about it. . They are old, slow and soft.

This week they face another bad offense. Let’s see if they rebound but I doubt we’ll see much.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
This- you can see this team has not been conditioned in the offseason - Thanks Nagy, fucking dick.
It's not a coincidence that this D usually hits a wall midway through the second half. That happened a little too in Fangio's last year as DC...albeit not nearly as bad. When you get tired, you start missing assignments, etc.

I was worried how they'd look later this year with Nagy's inability to sustain drives earlier in the season(see Browns game as an example). I think we're starting to see that fallout

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Our team would rather dance than have everlasting gridiron glory.

Coaches fault and if ya don't know, now ya fucking know.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I would trade literally on the team other than Fields.

Need a high first to trade Roquan though.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don’t believe it was a conditioning problem the Bears dominated the time of possession in the 1st half. The defense was barely on the field.

They have given up over 30pts in 3 games in less than 1/2 the season. They aren’t has bad as Tuckers defenses but they are a bad unit, no question about it. . They are old, slow and soft.

This week they face another bad offense. Let’s see if they rebound but I doubt we’ll see much.

Rams are a top offense and so are the Bucs. Further the O and Special Teams gave Brady the ball in Bears territory on 4 possessions that led to 28 points. You can't expect thr D to stop Brady when you gidt wrap him scoring opps.

The Rams and Bucs are good enough to hang 30 or just about any D. The only game where it was all on the D was the Niners.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Its old like Mel's defense. Yesterday not one punt by opposing team. No sacks or TOs. Doesn't make defensive stops when needed. Opposing team scored on every possession. Tear it down. Trade who has value except Johnson, Smith, Nichols, Tonga, and Trevis Gipson. Replace players who are not productive like Jackson, Trevathan.

Man this is going to be a long process.
Not really. Didn't seem to get this D playing at least average after that second Tucker year. The old and overpaid are gonna have to be phased out over the next few seasons, but if the new GM drafts well, and finds some decent pieces in FA, they can get back on track pretty fast.