This year's playoffs...

AirP

Liked Posts:
Does it seem like there's a lot more "dirty" play this year then in recent years in the playoffs? I understand hard fouls, but blantant cheap shots like slaps or hits? I know it's nothing like the Pistons in the late 80s/early 90s but it seems to have gone from tough play to dirty plays/cheap shots, not by everyone but overall it just seems more like brawl ball instead of basketball.

I missed game 4 of the Mavs/Nuggets last night and that game alone had 7 technical fouls. The Cleveland/Atlanta game only had 3 technicals. So just 10 technicals in 2 games last night.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
I'd agree.

Like you said, not necessarily more physical, but more cheap shots.

chi_hawks_23

Liked Posts:
AirP wrote:
Does it seem like there's a lot more "dirty" play this year then in recent years in the playoffs? I understand hard fouls, but blantant cheap shots like slaps or hits? I know it's nothing like the Pistons in the late 80s/early 90s but it seems to have gone from tough play to dirty plays/cheap shots, not by everyone but overall it just seems more like brawl ball instead of basketball.

I missed game 4 of the Mavs/Nuggets last night and that game alone had 7 technical fouls. The Cleveland/Atlanta game only had 3 technicals. So just 10 technicals in 2 games last night.

I agree.

I don't know what is causing it. I mean, its cool to see guys so emotionally charged and wanting to win at all/any costs, but at the same time, the cheap shots aren't needed. We saw some of this in the late 80's, early 90s, but it seemed the NBA let a lot of that slip. That piston team in 89 and 90 comes to mind.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
I definetely have to disagree with that notion. There just calling it closely like in Laker series because of Ron Artest reputation.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
I like it except for when we get hit. I think it adds to the intensity and creates villeins. To me it adds to the game and changes the momentum and makes it more intense.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
i've personally lost a ton of respect for the celtics after watching the first two series

i thought rondo was a good point guard in this league, but he could've potentially had three or four flagrant fouls in this series.

yet he calculated it perfectly to where it doesn't affect his team at all because he doesn't commit them in the same game, creating a no suspension situation