This yr doesnt matter?

AussieBear

havent been on the bears nuts d past few weeks but when i skim through dis site.. it be seeming like a majoritity are already saying... this coming season doesnt really matter... acting like dis be yr 1 of a rebuild... be like hey it dont matta.. yr 1 rebuild... yeah okay.. i mean they raised ticket prices mane...and dis be 3 yr of da rebuild mane...

you sign d ascending into possible goodness QB in glennon at 40+ mil... but but but its really only like a 1 yr deal......so it makes sense to give up mo picks and draft trubisky @ 2.. even though you could have had him at 3. rather than give glennon a weapon to compete dis yr... or if not a piece durrektly for glennon.... the d surely could be using one with sum mo pass rush.

oh and peeps be like if glennon plays guud you trade him... wtf?? so trade the proven qb for an unknown... dat be making mo sense too...

dis thought process be like.. ridding yoself of a probowl wr and a draft pick to gain a 5th... then using a 1st on a wr.. weird yo.. weird.. or ridding yoself of a so so te who be a valuable part of a sb winning team.. eventually using 18 mil in fa and a second rd pick on anver te to replace dat said sb winning te..

to be fairs to pace.. its not the process dat really mattas... how he be doing it.. be da results mane... measured on results he be... so jyall be like this season dont matter much.. i disagree.. it do matters much... pace doing his best to put dat JV talent around glennon in hopes someone breaks out... but he aint really setting him up fo success...and glennon get 4-6 weeks to whip his teammates guud or he dones.. but he getting big money for 1 yr.. so me no feeling sorry for dude..... but maybe they be honorable and give him all 16......... glennon gonna have to be a boss and makes those around him better if he wanna be guud.

18 draft gonna be about more high rd offensive pieces eh... wr - ot - mo rbs..

at least they got them dat undrafted rookie fa FB...

but yjall be right... yr 3 rebuild of yr 1 2.0 dont matters... cause its all bout dat polish sausage getting reps in practice.. hahahha wtf....

im sure deez coaches on dem seats.. want anover shitty season on day resume...

AussieBear

Your commitment to typing like that for a post that long is qbsolutely astounding. I'd be amazed if anyone reads this, truly amazed.

no matters.. it be a rebuild thread... im only in yr 1 wiff it mane.. gives me a break

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Didn't understand all of that!

I think some of us will be judging this season and the long term viability of Pace as a GM less on results and more on how these players develop. It's not that I'm not interested in seeing how Glennon goes but I am obviously intrigued by the Trubisky pick.

I think they will struggle to win more than 5/6 games, partly because of a lack of playmakers but also because the schedule looks brutal in the first half of the season.

But player development is really interesting. Even outside of the draft picks, I'm looking forward to watching...

Cooper (really hope he shows he can be a #2)
White (ditto)
Meredith (er...ditto)
Hall
Jackson
Goldman
Kwiatkowski

I feel energised by the Trubisky pick and am more positive as a result.

AussieBear

I think some of us will be judging this season and the long term viability of Pace as a GM less on results and more on how these players develop. It's not that I'm not interested in seeing how Glennon goes but I am obviously intrigued by the Trubisky pick.

I think they will struggle to win more than 5/6 games, partly because of a lack of playmakers but also because the schedule looks brutal in the first half of the season.

But player development is really interesting. Even outside of the draft picks, I'm looking forward to watching...

Cooper (really hope he shows he can be a #2)
White (ditto)
Meredith (er...ditto)
Hall
Jackson
Goldman
Kwiatkowski

I feel energised by the Trubisky pick and am more positive as a result.

yr 3.. i wanna see playoffs.. or final weeks wiff them still in da hunt.. glennon puts them in that lane in theory.. adding top o talents in rds one and two would have bettered him a tad bit mo imo... though its still juss hope.. same hope you got in all the retreads and other fas they brought in... so meh... like me says.. its not the process pace.. da results... judged on results... yr 3.. time to win games homeboi.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
yr 3.. i wanna see playoffs.. or final weeks wiff them still in da hunt.. glennon puts them in that lane in theory.. adding top o talents in rds one and two would have bettered him a tad bit mo imo... though its still juss hope.. same hope you got in all the retreads and other fas they brought in... so meh... like me says.. its not the process pace.. da results... judged on results... yr 3.. time to win games homeboi.

I don't see them getting within five wins of the playoffs.

ChiGuy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I don't see them getting within five wins of the playoffs.

Me neither. I think the first few games will be brutal and the calls for Mitch will begin.

But I don't think it'll be as bad as the projected results suggest. Not having enough down the field threat is a concern, but this defense can hold its own and we may have a few jokers in the pack with the likes of Cohen. Shaheen could potentially be a good red zone option.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
I don't see much improvement from last year honestly. If healthy, '16 Bears could have had 2 or 3 more wins. I foresee that being the same in '17 with a tougher schedule... 5-11 to 7-9. If health is an issue again, the whole coaching staff is gone after another 3-13 year

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

You guys should be more sympathetic to our foreign members. I applaud this site reaching out to other countries for Premium Members and the rest of you need to do a better job of meeting them halfway when it comes to language barriers.

As to the OP...every year matters. Don't let these dolts fool you.

BP348

Liked Posts:
I personally don't care about the extra pick the Bears gave up to move up 1 spot. I'm just glad they identified a QB they like and did what they had to too get him. For all we know Pace might move back next year and pick up that extra pick, or more, so we'll have to wait and see.

As far as this season goes I hope Glennon does well but they almost definitely start 0 - 4 and there's a real possibility that they go 0 - 8 just from looking at the schedule. Hopefully I'm wrong.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
The Bears are at best a Wild Card team until they can prove they can consistently beat Aaron Rodgers and the Packers. Immediately playing for second place every year until the young buck proves competent is why no one is overwhelmed with expectations this year.

There should be growth among draft picks and less injuries. If they happens the Bears will be more competitive.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'd be thrilled with the #1 pick that the Bears can trade out of for to some dumb team thinking that Darnold, Rosen or Allen are worth the #1

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
All I got from the post, Aussie is concerned about ticket prices.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
havent been on the bears nuts d past few weeks but when i skim through dis site.. it be seeming like a majoritity are already saying... this coming season doesnt really matter... acting like dis be yr 1 of a rebuild... be like hey it dont matta.. yr 1 rebuild... yeah okay.. i mean they raised ticket prices mane...and dis be 3 yr of da rebuild mane...

you sign d ascending into possible goodness QB in glennon at 40+ mil... but but but its really only like a 1 yr deal......so it makes sense to give up mo picks and draft trubisky @ 2.. even though you could have had him at 3. rather than give glennon a weapon to compete dis yr... or if not a piece durrektly for glennon.... the d surely could be using one with sum mo pass rush.

oh and peeps be like if glennon plays guud you trade him... wtf?? so trade the proven qb for an unknown... dat be making mo sense too...

dis thought process be like.. ridding yoself of a probowl wr and a draft pick to gain a 5th... then using a 1st on a wr.. weird yo.. weird.. or ridding yoself of a so so te who be a valuable part of a sb winning team.. eventually using 18 mil in fa and a second rd pick on anver te to replace dat said sb winning te..

to be fairs to pace.. its not the process dat really mattas... how he be doing it.. be da results mane... measured on results he be... so jyall be like this season dont matter much.. i disagree.. it do matters much... pace doing his best to put dat JV talent around glennon in hopes someone breaks out... but he aint really setting him up fo success...and glennon get 4-6 weeks to whip his teammates guud or he dones.. but he getting big money for 1 yr.. so me no feeling sorry for dude..... but maybe they be honorable and give him all 16......... glennon gonna have to be a boss and makes those around him better if he wanna be guud.

18 draft gonna be about more high rd offensive pieces eh... wr - ot - mo rbs..

at least they got them dat undrafted rookie fa FB...

but yjall be right... yr 3 rebuild of yr 1 2.0 dont matters... cause its all bout dat polish sausage getting reps in practice.. hahahha wtf....

im sure deez coaches on dem seats.. want anover shitty season on day resume...

You say Timmy's stuck in the well Lassie??

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I got about 15 words in and had to stop reading.
Same.

Don't understand the Jar Jar Binks dialect format. Not sure if it is suppose to be funny, annoying, an alt ego, ironic, or what.

I get to the first "dis" and I just abort or read the responses to get the gist. Most the time it is some worthless point, or at least that what the members that read it seem to think.

Not what I would expect from a high ranking former NFL personnel man like Aussie.

Last edited:

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The record does not matter to anyone but John Fox and the coaching staff.

The development of young players and players in contract years is very important.

If the Bears are 5-11, or 8-8 it does not really matter as they are not winning a Super Bowl and they do not need to draft a QB.