Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Jones is in the top 50 Bears RB's of all time.

Maybe.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Nobody also never talks about passing on Jay Ratliff for Rod Wilson.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Mannnn.... and we got rid of him for Cedric punk ass Benson. Think that was like a 4 or pretty high pick. Lovies Texas loyalty bit him on that one.
Had Benson been the RB he was billed to be when drafted, I will say that would have been just fine. We sent Jones to NY for the right price - it came down to Benson.

The problem is that Benson is the softest RB to suit up for Chicago that I had seen up to that point.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
People like to talk about passing on Mahomes for Trubisky but no one ever talks about passing on Rodgers for Benson.
How about passing on Randy Moss for Curtis Enis? Moss was a no brainer pick but he stood up Payton for a breakfast meeting and they decided not to draft him.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
How about passing on Randy Moss for Curtis Enis? Moss was a no brainer pick but he stood up Payton for a breakfast meeting and they decided not to draft him.
Bears were offered the Jags 2 1st rounders that year. Jags wanted him, Bears said no. Jags ended up with Fred Taylor & Donovan Darius.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Neal Anderson was awesome.

Thomas Jones was great but let's be real, he played 3 seasons for the Bears before getting traded to the Jets for a case of Gatorade.
That’s because of Angelo’s ego. Angelo just had to be proven right for selecting Benson. Benson had his best years in Cincinnati because they used the same blocking scheme that UT did. Bears had a completely different blocking scheme. Good job Angelo!

mecha

Liked Posts:
That’s because of Angelo’s ego. Angelo just had to be proven right for selecting Benson. Benson had his best years in Cincinnati because they used the same blocking scheme that UT did. Bears had a completely different blocking scheme. Good job Angelo!
I've mentioned it here in the past but my uncle described how Benson "runs with his chin on his dick" and I can't forget. remember when it was brought up in like 2008 before the boating incident that he had some kind of gluten intolerance and that's why he ran shitty?

his Texas highlights were good, but holy shit what a debacle. Jerry Angelo 2007 was the worst ever.

BigJ52

Liked Posts:
Payton

Sayers

Forte

Anderson

Swift (I'm betting on the come) ;)

DavidH

Liked Posts:
you guys wanna talk about benson/TJ but i'm over here still pissed at drafting Enis (and passing on Moss bc he overslept for his meeting with hatley or some shit)

oh and trading a first rounder for a terrible QB who had already proven to be terrible

the 90s were some dark ass times, even by bears standards