Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I haven't been following his threads lately. Lemme take a wild guess: PFF has rated Leno decent?

lol

No, he says the interior line is much worse but meatballs will complain about Leno. It's not like both can be true.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is why a shake my head at ppl who say our OL needs to be able to hold blocks for 3 seconds or more consistently. No OL does that...

Yeah I have shared these numbers before but guys like Chris S think everything is someone else's fault but the QB. Anyone that has watched the Bears can see the difference between a QB that
I agree except that it would be "dumb" to cut Leno and expect a rookie to hold down LT. Can a rookie possibly play worse than Leno has?

I know, I know, development and protecting the kid for long term.

Even if he isn't ready and you want to protect his development, Leno has looked so bad, feels like you could throw a dart at any team's depth chart and at least replace him with anyone just as bad and for far less.

Yes a rookie can especially if not first round.

Andrew Thomas was first Tackle taken. He leads NFL in pressures given up with 28 which is almost 3 times as many as Leno's 11. So do we think there is some conspiracy by PFF here?

Wirfs has given up 12, Jackson is tied with Leno with 11, Willis has given up less pressure but more sacks.

Becton is the only one that has been considerably better and that is the 1st round. The 2nd round guys are basically redshirting and this was a very deep OL class.

Last edited:

ErinAndrewsPeephole

Liked Posts:
-Mario Edwards had a couple nice rushes on his 11 snaps and continues to flash a little.

-RRH needs to do more in a contract year. I am not sure where the quick speed wins that he had last year went in the passing game. He is getting stuck on lineman more.

-Hicks, lordy he is playing at a high level.

-Mack, no words required.

-Quinn was better than I thought. He as using some nice pass rush counters in the 2nd half and was close to a few sacks. His hustle play to get the Fuller fumble was nice.

-Jaylon Johnson in press man=good.
-Jaylon Johnson in off man=meh

-Kyle Fuller is playing at an All Pro level. The hit was incredible, but he is being targeted and allowing next to no production.

-Danny Trevathan was better in the box, but they still targeted him on outside runs and with the TEs which he was not able to keep up with.

-Roquan was good outside of the 2 missed tackles, which were pretty big plays.

-Bark Mingo was a nice signing. He continues to do a ton of little things well in the run game and in some of his pass rushes.

Love the Mingo signing. He's really contributing.

Thanks for the breakdown Windy City! Can't wait for your next post detailing the Bears off-season. Always a great read.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If you were going to cut Leno after this year you should have drafted and groomed his replacement this year. Unless you going for a big name FA, I think it would be dumb to cut him and expect a rookie to hold down LT especially if you end up using your 1st round pick on a QB or other position.

So I think the Bears are committed to Leno for one more year and hopefully they draft someone this draft to replace him in 2022.

I think one of Leno or Massie are gone for cap reasons.

Neither is playing very well.

But both of them and Jimmy Graham are the easiest to clear space

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:

Bears had the GOAT frustrated. Watch Mack get peed off when the ref threw a flag at his crotch thinking the penalty was against him.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:

Akiem Hicks dead cap hit is only 1.5 million in 2021, Bears can save 10.5 in cap space if they move him
Graham will most likely be moved if they get in cap crunch, save 7 million
Leno can be released but the Bears will have a 5 million dead cap hit upon doing so.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Massie saves 7 million and RT a bit easier to replace. I would expect them to draft a T prospect who maybe hold down RT for year and then move over to LT in 2022. Unless you draft a guy high.

Akiem Hicks dead cap hit is only 1.5 million in 2021, Bears can save 10.5 in cap space if they move him
Graham will most likely be moved if they get in cap crunch, save 7 million
Leno can be released but the Bears will have a 5 million dead cap hit upon doing so.

They have no viable alternative to Hicks. Better off giving him an extension that lowers his cap hit for 2021. A 2 year extension with new many may be enough to get him to agree.

I wonder if the intent is to move on from Fuller. If Johnson finishes season strong then they already have his replacement as CB1 and he counts 20 mill against the cap. If not then they should definitely extend him to reduce his 2021 cap hit.

Last edited:

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
2021 Bears have over 80 million in cap space invested on 5 bodies on the defensive side, lol

Mack, Fuller, Quinn, Hicks and Jackson

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Best thing about this game other than winning it, is Eddie Jackson mic’d up.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
2021 Bears have over 80 million in cap space invested on 5 bodies on the defensive side, lol

Mack, Fuller, Quinn, Hicks and Jackson

Goes to show how much they were banking on #10 to deliver the goods.

Epic fail.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I have been saying since they resigned trevethan that it was a mistake. He is old and slow. Kwitowski outplayed him and they let him walk. Now they are stuck with trevethan's contract. What a dumb move. SMH!

Also, leno is horrible and has never, even at his best been anything more than average..at his worst, which has been most of his career.. he is not good at all. Another dumb extension.
I wonder if someone in the Bears organization laid the line that Trevathan "was an important team leader". To that I'd say, let the coaches be the team leaders.

Sure, you don't want a player to be a "cancer", a trouble maker of some sort, (and I never heard anyone say Kwit or KLP were cancers) but players should be doing their job, which would naturally include communicating well if they are a 'green helmet' on defense or offense, give the appropriate effort, learning, etc.

In other words, all-things-being equal, being a 'team leader' isn't a proper reason to keep a lesser player over a better player.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Best thing about this game other than winning it, is Eddie Jackson mic’d up.

Bears have primo trash talkers for sure. Jackson, Mack, Hicks. If Mitch was on the receiving end of these he would go into a shell and turn all the electronics off....

k

Last edited:

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
If you were going to cut Leno after this year you should have drafted and groomed his replacement this year. Unless you going for a big name FA, I think it would be dumb to cut him and expect a rookie to hold down LT especially if you end up using your 1st round pick on a QB or other position.

So I think the Bears are committed to Leno for one more year and hopefully they draft someone this draft to replace him in 2022.
Yes, Pace should have drafted a LT replacement with one of their 2 first picks. Anyone REALLY watching Leno in 2019 would have done it. If you don't mind me saying, Remy, I do believe you said Pace should bet on Leno bouncing back to 2018 standards. Watching Leno play, I can assure you, through 5 games that did not happen.

I know the stats you have on the OL indicate he's the best OL... you know... if you don't look at film. As long as one doesn't overemphasis a few plays, if one is considering all the plays, trust what you see on film, not the stats. I mean really, some of the stats you were quoting were based on people watching film. Film is primary, and you know stats CAN be misleading, especially when 'cherry picked' (not accusing you of going Maraschino).

But dealing with today and 2021, I think it's obvious you don't make the same mistake twice, and the Bears must plan on replacing Leno between now and 2021 Game 1. First or Second draft pick, and an avg LT non-draft better than Leno. It costs what it costs... you can accept this type of play from your LT position.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Yeah I have shared these numbers before but guys like Chris S think everything is someone else's fault but the QB. Anyone that has watched the Bears can see the difference between a QB that

Yes a rookie can especially if not first round.

Andrew Thomas was first Tackle taken. He leads NFL in pressures given up with 28 which is almost 3 times as many as Leno's 11. So do we think there is some conspiracy by PFF here?

Wirfs has given up 12, Jackson is tied with Leno with 11, Willis has given up less pressure but more sacks.

Becton is the only one that has been considerably better and that is the 1st round. The 2nd round guys are basically redshirting and this was a very deep OL class.

1st rounders with no preseason and entering the NFL. What could go wrong for a rookie LT!?

1st round tackles can come in and play extremely well and usually get better with every rep.

Leno shouldn’t be mentoring the next LT. He’s got bad feet and backs up too mich.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
1st rounders with no preseason and entering the NFL. What could go wrong for a rookie LT!?

1st round tackles can come in and play extremely well and usually get better with every rep.

Leno shouldn’t be mentoring the next LT. He’s got bad feet and backs up too mich.
Exactly. Playing a high round rookie sucks, but planning on playing Leno 2021 is malpractice.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Exactly. Playing a high round rookie sucks, but planning on playing Leno 2021 is malpractice.

There are a lot of shitty teams that need QBs and have other needs outside of tackle given it’s been drafted at the top and will continue to be a high priority position. The real question is why people think Leno who served us well while he lasted think he’s on his way to correcting?

Tee

Beast Mode
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Houston Cougars
I thought we're keeping posts to 160 character limit. Clearly, a ? ? ? JJ

P. S, no I'm not

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just gotta worry about this year.

Post CoVid should have caps rocketing up for all teams

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
There are a lot of shitty teams that need QBs and have other needs outside of tackle given it’s been drafted at the top and will continue to be a high priority position. The real question is why people think Leno who served us well while he lasted think he’s on his way to correcting?
He certainly can, correct, we think. He's played better. Haven't heard of injury, not likely age. It looks like poor technique, and sometimes poor effort. That's correctable, right, if he's willing? Can Bears afford a clinical psychologist?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yes, Pace should have drafted a LT replacement with one of their 2 first picks. Anyone REALLY watching Leno in 2019 would have done it. If you don't mind me saying, Remy, I do believe you said Pace should bet on Leno bouncing back to 2018 standards. Watching Leno play, I can assure you, through 5 games that did not happen.

I know the stats you have on the OL indicate he's the best OL... you know... if you don't look at film. As long as one doesn't overemphasis a few plays, if one is considering all the plays, trust what you see on film, not the stats. I mean really, some of the stats you were quoting were based on people watching film. Film is primary, and you know stats CAN be misleading, especially when 'cherry picked' (not accusing you of going Maraschino).

But dealing with today and 2021, I think it's obvious you don't make the same mistake twice, and the Bears must plan on replacing Leno between now and 2021 Game 1. First or Second draft pick, and an avg LT non-draft better than Leno. It costs what it costs... you can accept this type of play from your LT position.

No I wanted us to get a T this draft to replace Leno in 2021.