Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
..He was terrible IMO

Thank you for this cause i was wondering why everyone thought he played so well cause i didn't see it. I saw him get dragged for a 1st down, i saw him get penalties called on him and miss assignments but can't remember too much good from him. Now i never go off of anything i see in preseason especially the first game when all these guys are playing with guys they've never played with, which i'm sure missing assignments happen to many many players, but there's been a lot of talk that he had a good training camp and i know he played well in college, which i think was Oregon, so i'll be watching him the rest of preseason.

Mikeropod

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. San Antonio Spurs
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Cleveland Browns
  1. San Jose Sharks
  1. Miami (Ohio) Redhawks
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Thank you for this cause i was wondering why everyone thought he played so well cause i didn't see it. I saw him get dragged for a 1st down, i saw him get penalties called on him and miss assignments but can't remember too much good from him. Now i never go off of anything i see in preseason especially the first game when all these guys are playing with guys they've never played with, which i'm sure missing assignments happen to many many players, but there's been a lot of talk that he had a good training camp and i know he played well in college, which i think was Oregon, so i'll be watching him the rest of preseason.

Duck comes to us from Appy State, in BOONE, NC.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Starting to watch some of it back.

Bars looks like a player. I would love to see him get some reps in the 2nd half at LT, just to see if he is an option.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I think Irving is good for the times he gets in the games which is usually when the o-line has been working all day/night and they're on the tired side so he can use his speed but i'm as worried about our backups after A.Lynch as i was last year. I've been saying since after last years preseason that Fitts just didn't show me anything and now after the first preseason game i believe that even more. We need at least one of Irving, Fitts, Betts or Harris to step up for these next 3 preseason games or go free agent hunting when teams start making cuts.

D.Bush looks like a man playing for a new contract, which he is, and from the little i've seen when he took over for Eddie at the end of last year and in this first preseason game i think we should give him one while we can get him cheap especially if the coaches and Pace believe in this kid because they've seen much more then any of us have from last year and this TC and preseason game.

They were absolutely putting Bunting through a tryout in that game. Even when Dax Raymond did get in and made a play they still went back to Bunting. The kid made some mistakes, which is expected, but he'll have to clean that shit up but when it comes to his receiving and making things happen after he receives it, i'm a believer.

The thing with Bush is he will not resign with us unless he is a starter and I wouldn't blame him, since he would be a quality starter on many teams.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Starting to watch some of it back.

Bars looks like a player. I would love to see him get some reps in the 2nd half at LT, just to see if he is an option.
He's not. Bars was kicked inside to guard at ND because he didn't have the athletic ability to play tackle, especially LT. If Bars could play LT he would have been playing it last year when they could have used an upperclassman manning the position.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
The thing with Bush is he will not resign with us unless he is a starter and I wouldn't blame him, since he would be a quality starter on many teams.

i dont know he would be a quality starter on many teams, if they felt high on bush they wouldn't have brought in hhcd. maybe he fits better with pagano's scheme and time will tell but this is bush's best chance to show what he can do...pagano typically likes having 3 safeties on the field so he should get plenty of time to show he belongs.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The thing with Bush is he will not resign with us unless he is a starter

Tell you this, did he? Or is this another one of your "mark my words" guarantees?

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
franklin looks much improved after being on the ps for a year, he may push for the last cb spot...duck is a ps guy imo, he played well but not enough to warrant a spot.

betts, harris, irving, fitts are all on the chopping block imo, none of them deserve a spot. hopefully pace is looking at other guys to bring in for pass rush depth. fitts was talked about having a good camp but still don't see anything translating to live action.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

He hasn't shown anything in regular season yet to say he'd be a starter unless it's on a team with a bad defense. Now i have said that i did like some things he did in place of E.Jackson late last year and in the Philly game but up until that point he really wasn't anyone any of us thought too much about, at least as a starter that is. I liked him as a backup but my thoughts have changed some on him with what he did in those games for Jackson and with how he looked in the Carolina game. I just thought that maybe the guy would jump at the chance to get a contract now with guaranteed money in it since he hasn't made any real NFL money yet and we could get him on a deal.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

Good teams lose players start getting used to it if we keep progressing. The cap crunch is going to happen and we will need to depend on the draft

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
franklin looks much improved after being on the ps for a year, he may push for the last cb spot...duck is a ps guy imo, he played well but not enough to warrant a spot.

betts, harris, irving, fitts are all on the chopping block imo, none of them deserve a spot. hopefully pace is looking at other guys to bring in for pass rush depth. fitts was talked about having a good camp but still don't see anything translating to live action.

Don't know if anyone watches Last Chance U on Netflix but some new episodes just came out but i skimmed through some of the old ones that had J.Franklin in them, which at that time he was playing QB, and at the end of his season he signed with Auburn to supposedly be their starting QB but didn't he end up transferring once or twice and one was to FSU i think. I watched the episode that there was a huge fight on the football field and the cameras caught him saying some pretty nasty stuff but they were all hot after that big fight and the head coach yelled at them and said they looked like a bunch of thugs.

And yes i really hope Pace has his eyes on any OLB that gets cut or is a free agent right now like Nick Perry who's still sitting out there. He gets hurt a lot but when he's healthy he produces.

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
He's not. Bars was kicked inside to guard at ND because he didn't have the athletic ability to play tackle, especially LT. If Bars could play LT he would have been playing it last year when they could have used an upperclassman manning the position.

Charles Leno 6'4" with an arm length of 34 3/8"
Alex Bars 6"6" with an arm length of 32 3/4"

Arms too short.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Franklin looks like he belongs. Might need another year before he gets big reps but his size and athleticism are there and he has the physicality for the role. Something to watch for sure.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Some of the worst trade ideas i've ever seen. I wouldn't do either of the trades for J.Wims and the Chargers would laugh at us if we made that offer for Hunter Henry. I'd absolutely love to get Henry though.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Good teams lose players start getting used to it if we keep progressing. The cap crunch is going to happen and we will need to depend on the draft
We should all know how this goes because of the Blackhawks