Thoughts and Observations Week 17: Bears @ Vikings

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The fact that our backups forced 2 turnovers on downs may have been the most dominant thing of the entire game.

The Vikings 84 million dollar QB, struggled to move the ball against backups.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
OL depth is a beautiful thing.

Think of the losers who have come off the bench for the Bears in the last 8 years?

Omiyale, Carimi, Chris Williams, Ted Larsen, J'Marcus Webb, Vladimir Ducasse, Lance Louis (not too bad before the injury).

We've come a long way to have the unity and depth we have. Leno-Daniels-Whitehair will be a solid foundation for years.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Did you see Quinten Nelson? The guy is a monster. Starting next years he will be an All-Pro for the next 10 years.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Did you see Quinten Nelson? The guy is a monster. Starting next years he will be an All-Pro for the next 10 years.

He is lucky he is in the AFC, other wise he would be watching James Daniels make the All Pro team.

Nelson is legit.
James Daniels is legit, and wasn’t top 10 pick.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
The DL top talent and overall depth could very well carry this team to a super bowl if trubisky continues to play this well by extending drives and being safe with the ball.

Javon wims should have been getting bellamy’s reps all damn season. I really think this guy could be something. The first pass he caught was an absolute laser beam and he snagged it with his hands no issue. I also like his size considering mitchell’s accuracy issues.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers

I wanted Nelson as much as the next guy but he was gone when it was our time to pick. Are you saying you wanted us to trade up for a guard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Omiyale, Carimi, Chris Williams, Ted Larsen, J'Marcus Webb, Vladimir Ducasse, Lance Louis (not too bad before the injury).

We've come a long way to have the unity and depth we have. Leno-Daniels-Whitehair will be a solid foundation for years.

Gee.... thanks....

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I wanted Nelson as much as the next guy but he was gone when it was our time to pick. Are you saying you wanted us to trade up for a guard?

I love this. Fans say we made a mistake to trade up one spot for our QB, but we should have traded up several for a guard. The same people who would be the first to criticize if we had made that move are lamenting the fact we didn't.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I love this. Fans say we made a mistake to trade up one spot for our QB, but we should have traded up several for a guard. The same people who would be the first to criticize if we had made that move are lamenting the fact we didn't.

Yes let’s bitch and moan about moving up 1 spot for a franchise QB but then also bitch and moan about not trading up 3 spots for a guard.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Roquon Smith will be a far more valuable addition to the team than Nelson would have been, as good a OG as he is. Add in James Daniels, and you have two potentially great young players as they learn and improve.

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
You bring in a kicker for competition in training camp next year. If Parkey continues to struggle then, you sign a guy for less than a million and you eat Parkey's contract. Simple as that.

I don't think you get rid of him now though because you don't want to send a message to the team that is rolling that you are panicking. Gotta show the team confidence in all the players. Unfortunately, it could cost the team the season. So could bringing in a guy off the street though.

The entire team can see that Parkey is a liability. They were willing to give him a pass on the 4 doink game and cheered his performance the next week but there isnt a player on this team that isn’t thinking he is the weak link right now. Replacing the kicker wouldn’t send shock waves through the locker room, it would do the opposite and let them know that management will not let one player, no matter how well paid, hold this team back.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
The DL top talent and overall depth could very well carry this team to a super bowl if trubisky continues to play this well by extending drives and being safe with the ball.

Javon wims should have been getting bellamy’s reps all damn season. I really think this guy could be something. The first pass he caught was an absolute laser beam and he snagged it with his hands no issue. I also like his size considering mitchell’s accuracy issues.

I think the thing is Bellamy was a veteran. trust me in that I know that Bellamy played like hot garbage last year. But I can honestly say he was adequate this year.

Now just in seeing Wims, I can tell you he feels like he has more upside than Kevin White does.

Usually then when you see stuff like this, it's because Wims was having a hard time learning the route tree for his position. However game like that last one versus Minnesota will earn him some playing time and consideration, especially given that Kevin White is likely gone at the end of the year, and possibly Bellamy with him.

Wims moves up to the Bellamy role, and Bears draft another receiver to fill out the corps...

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
OL depth is a beautiful thing.

Think of the losers who have come off the bench for the Bears in the last 8 years?
Hell, think of the losers that have started for the Bears in the last 8 years.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thanks, Windy. Always good stuff.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
I think the thing is Bellamy was a veteran. trust me in that I know that Bellamy played like hot garbage last year. But I can honestly say he was adequate this year.

Now just in seeing Wims, I can tell you he feels like he has more upside than Kevin White does.

Usually then when you see stuff like this, it's because Wims was having a hard time learning the route tree for his position. However game like that last one versus Minnesota will earn him some playing time and consideration, especially given that Kevin White is likely gone at the end of the year, and possibly Bellamy with him.

Wims moves up to the Bellamy role, and Bears draft another receiver to fill out the corps...

Bellamy plays special teams and the fourth WR in the Nagy offense does not do enough to justify dressing someone for it.