Thoughts on Corneliius Washington?

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
I like Cornelius but I can't get that damn 'Silver and Gold' song out of my head every time I hear it.

Not cool they way he taunted the Abominable though.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I've heard most people say looked bad at OLB in college but all his time in the pre-season or few game action he has gotten, I think he gets swallowed up on the line better. The only real highlights of getting to the QB I've seen him make where vs a TE or when he was roaming and chasing in space.

DaBears23

Liked Posts:
Ive been saying give cornwash minutes since he got here. I believe he can be very good at rushing the passer if he lost a little weight & rushing in a 2 point stance. But if not he has natural strenghth and standing at 6'4 and about 280lbs i think he can be a beast at DE in a 34 defense maybe if he can added 10 more pounds of muscle and let fangio coach him up. Ratliff,Cornwash and Ego would dominate at the DE spots. If Houston recovers i think he'd be great as a rush OLB if he got down to about 270lbs.
Young hold the other OLB spot with rotation with C.jones,Shea for depth and someone from FA such as Jason Worilds or Draft a guy like Shane Ray OR Gregory. Sign Nate Irving and have him and Bostic in the middle. Sign Byron Maxwell OR Cox to cb opposite Fuller. Sign BJ Ragi for a cheap incentive deal for NT. Sign Rahim More OR Jeron Johnson (from seattle) for the FS spot. Draft Jaquiski Tartt for the SS and let him and Mundy battle while the loser dominate on ST.

Huxster

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
WCL's link "...the only guy who was able to handle him was Kyle Long "

strobiwan

Liked Posts:
it always pisses me off, when I think about the Bears making Shea a 4-3 end. never made since to me, his best quality is his quikness so why would you not give him space to move.
could you imagine if Clay Mathews was a DE? then we would be saying Clay who?

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
It's one thing to possess terrific athletic abilities, but if you don't have what it takes between the ears......bust.

And I agree, Fangio will evaluate him, and i hope he can convert to a productive 3-4 OLB.

Late round picks are never busts. If he can play special teams, he is a successful late round pick. Anything else is gravy ... or sauce ... I forget which one.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
He probably isn't going to make it, but you still see what he does in preseason at the position almost every scout felt he's best suited for.

Yeah he's been out-fucking-standing. We've seen the movie before and know how it ends. He's on the ground, running from behind, avoiding contact or pile jumping. He's a bust.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I think he's a better athlete than football player. I'd be really suprized if he's still in the league 3 years from now.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
I think he's a better athlete than football player. I'd be really suprized if he's still in the league 3 years from now.

That's very clear, but he showed improvement last year and that's all you can ask for. Also I thought they rated him as one of the best ST players on the team last year?

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Drop to ~260lbs and make a last ditch effort to make this NFL thing work.

What else can you think?

Oh, and LOL at people calling him a "bust"- dude was the 188th pick of the draft!

What were your supposed expectations from the 188th pick?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think he can now be a 3-4 end. I don't know what his current weight is but it looks more than the listed 265. He now looks more end than LB and he seems strong enough to hold an edge.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
I think he can now be a 3-4 end. I don't know what his current weight is but it looks more than the listed 265. He now looks more end than LB and he seems strong enough to hold an edge.

agreed, his best attribute is run stopping and this is after 2 yrs of development in the nfl...hes had clint hurtt working with him and has still not yielded much else so stick him at 3-4 DE, hes good at holding the edge and would provide cheap depth behind whoever our 3-4 DE starter would be.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
I trust the new coaches to move the correct pieces around unlike the old staff. Where the staff wants him I think it all depends on his current weight, if he is around 265 then i could see him dropping another 10 to move to OLB. If he is aroud 280 (which is probably where he is around) then I could see a move to 3-4 DE and adding another 10.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Im sure Washington and Bass will be looked at

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah he's been out-fucking-standing. We've seen the movie before and know how it ends. He's on the ground, running from behind, avoiding contact or pile jumping. He's a bust.

No, we haven't seen the movie before. When he was drafted he was projected in the NFL as a 3-4 OLB. So far he's been told to put his hand in the dirt and be an undersized 4-3 end, and then was asked to play completely out of position as a 4-3 linebacker.

Like I said, I doubt he makes it, but I would like to see a first round draft pick play at least a preseason at his actual position before cutting ties. It's not like there's a lot of depth on the roster at the position, and it doesn't hurt to give him a look there.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
No, we haven't seen the movie before. When he was drafted he was projected in the NFL as a 3-4 OLB. So far he's been told to put his hand in the dirt and be an undersized 4-3 end, and then was asked to play completely out of position as a 4-3 linebacker.

Like I said, I doubt he makes it, but I would like to see a first round draft pick play at least a preseason at his actual position before cutting ties. It's not like there's a lot of depth on the roster at the position, and it doesn't hurt to give him a look there.

Cutting McClellin makes little sense in any case, other than it's cathartic effect on some fans. The Bears would save only 750k by doing it, which is basically a single vet-minimum contract. He's depth at LB and ST.