Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Wow, I have never heard a single person ever say happy New Year on any day except Jan 1.....great insight

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
not sure what you all expect from a press conference
The same people that expected a super bowl from a team that was clearly not close to winning a Super Bowl

coolio

Liked Posts:
George McCaskey didn't really give a vote of confidence on Mitch. I thought that was interesting. When asked about him he dodged the question really.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
George McCaskey didn't really give a vote of confidence on Mitch. I thought that was interesting. When asked about him he dodged the question really.

I think he was pretty clear that the player decisions weren't his and that they need to get Mitch more support.

coolio

Liked Posts:
I think he was pretty clear that the player decisions weren't his and that they need to get Mitch more support.

He did that for Cutler, he just said Mitch was inconsistent and moved on. He praised Jay a lot, and said he was the most talented quarterbacks the bears ever had, and that he reminded him of George Halas lol.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
He did that for Cutler, he just said Mitch was inconsistent and moved on. He praised Jay a lot, and said he was the most talented quarterbacks the bears ever had, and that he reminded him of George Halas lol.

no, I just listened to it. He said Mitch needs more support as well and all the player decisions go thru Nagy and Pace.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
The worse parts for me was when he said he has "more confidence" in Nagy now than ever including play calling. And when he said Nagy has "masters degree in QB development." I can't wait to hear from this dope again in August.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Here are my takeaways a couple of days after the presser

1. Mitch is going to be the starter, so we can stop talking about Cam, Carr, Bridgewater.

2. I still think they bring a veteran in who is better than Daniel, but they will be more insurance than competition.

3. The OL is getting addressed. Not only were they the one group that got the most negative comments without much positive, but their coach was also fired.

4. Pace knows the TE spot is a wasteland. The Shaheen love was stupid, but we know he is coming to camp to see if they can salvage some value. Burton having another surgery means he cannot be relied on.

5. Leonard Floyd is back and going to make that 13.2 million. Pace seems like he is trying to preserve his job by not bailing on some of his weaker draft picks.

6. It feels like Pace is pot committed to 10.

I also thought it was interesting that George McCaskey kept going back and defering to Pace. Multiple times he pushed it back to what Pace said and also spouted the company line of "It was more than the QB"

Last edited:

kg1187

Liked Posts:

1. Mitch is going to be the starter, so we can stop talking about Cam, Carr, Bridgewater.

2. I still think they bring a veteran in who is better than Daniel, but they will be more insurance than competition.

3. The OL is getting addressed. Not only were they the one group that got the most negative comments without much positive, but their coach was also fired.

4. Pace knows the TE spot is a wasteland. The Shaheen love was stupid, but we know he is coming to camp to see if they can salvage some value. Burton having another surgery means he cannot be relied on.

5. Leonard Floyd is back and going to make that 13.2 million. Pace seems like he is trying to preserve his job by not bailing on some of his weaker draft picks.

I also thought it was interesting that George McCaskey kept going back and defering to Pace. Multiple times he pushed it back to what Pace said and also spouted the company line of "It was more than the QB"

If 1 and 6 are true I'd like to say that Pace and Nagy will be axed next season but with this defense they could still salvage another 8-8 season and continue limping along with this regime. After the Emery/Trestman debacle its actually pretty easy to see.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If 1 and 6 are true I'd like to say that Pace and Nagy will be axed next season but with this defense they could still salvage another 8-8 season and continue limping along with this regime. After the Emery/Trestman debacle its actually pretty easy to see.

Depends, 2018 MItch they keep their jobs, 2019 MItch and they may be in trouble.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Never! I’ll be pounding the table for those 3 plus Dalton and others all offseason. Buckle in folks. #AnyoneButTrubisky

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Bears defense is getting long in the tooth. Hicks 30 year old, Mack 29 years old. Lots of bodies on the D side with no contracts. They won't be able to hold the fort and cover up for the #2 overall bust for too long.

Besides, if the Bears bring back Mitch and Daniels again while forcing other positions to earn their starting gigs via competition, Nagy will eventually lose the locker room.

Last edited:

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Never! I’ll be pounding the table for those 3 plus Dalton and others all offseason. Buckle in folks. #AnyoneButTrubisky

Please don’t put Dalton with that group.

I could easily see them signing Dalton or Smith.

You are going to be disapointed. Pace has told you so you have 8 month so to get over it.