Thoughts on Week 1 Packers-Bears (Amos Game)

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
6 carries, 18 yards

"Looked great"
There was nowhere to run on those plays and he made some pretty good jump cuts to just give him a chance to gain a few yards. 6 freaking carries is ridiculous for a guy that is a 3 down RB. He should never come off the field.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
There was nowhere to run on those plays and he made some pretty good jump cuts to just give him a chance to gain a few yards. 6 freaking carries is ridiculous for a guy that is a 3 down RB. He should never come off the field.

If you've been following along this was always going to be a committee of RBs. If Monty needs 20 carries a game to get going, then this was a square peg round hole draft pick, as that's simply not going to happen.

Yes, the o line was atrocious, but no one has ever 'looked great' while garnering 3.0 ypc. Just stop.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Everyone was covered for the most part and they applied enough pressure to disrupt Mitch.

They sure did. What is that going to mean when the bears go up against a defense that is actually good?

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Leonard Floyd usually plays well against the Packers. Very out of character for a Chicago Bears player.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Touched the ball 7 times gets 50 yards what a bunch of fucking retards.... Not to mention 99.9% of running backs always have a ton of no gain-2 yards plays... He only carried the ball 6 times....

Spankypants

Liked Posts:
David Montgomery had a surprising deep reception, but he looked terrible running the ball. Too much Marion Barber in his style, fighting off defenders one at a time, too much stop-start, breaks 4 tackles and gains 1 or 2 yards. I didn’t like what I saw.

Dumbest comment ever.
Monty had 2 consecutive carries resulting in a first down(remember those?) and then 1 carry in the second half. Rewatch the game, Monty was wide open over the middle with no one on him and Mitch threw into double coverage multiple times.
Biggest missmatch was Monty/Cohen vs 2 plug-in LB's, even Mitch can throw an 8 yard pass to a swing route, he just never looked.
Monty got wide open for our longest pass play of the game, he was open for more of those easy yards.
He played well, we didn't take advantage of it.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Touched the ball 7 times gets 50 yards what a bunch of fucking retards.... Not to mention 99.9% of running backs always have a ton of no gain-2 yards plays... He only carried the ball 6 times....
This dude came to class with prepared excuses lmaooo

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Full disclosure: I thought Montys mouth guard was sweet

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Should've drafted Patton.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
This dude came to class with prepared excuses lmaooo
Youre right we all live in novaks perfect existence, which lonny bin are you kept in so i can wake you from your fucking delusions.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Youre right we all live in novaks perfect existence, which lonny bin are you kept in so i can wake you from your fucking delusions.
Let me know when you have an original thought

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mitch is a mental midget. Super good kid, but he doesn't have the ability to digest information quickly and cycle through his reads. This is QBing #1, correct? Perhaps there is a reason he played one year at shitty N.C.

Another incredible defense, another dynasty wasted.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Mitch is a mental midget. Super good kid, but he doesn't have the ability to digest information quickly and cycle through his reads. This is QBing #1, correct? Perhaps there is a reason he played one year at shitty N.C.

Another incredible defense, another dynasty wasted.

Every one on here going to be glued to the tv Sunday praying Watson has a bad game lol lol. It’s the only way they can justify bortlisky

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Has Nagy learned anything about being a head coach