Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Fields and MHJ, Moore and one other high pick(Bowers, Fashanu, Turner, etc) and multiple draft picks including ANOTHER 2 firsts next season.

CW and Moore and maybe Bowers, Odunze, Nabers etc

Maye and Moore and Odunze, Bowers etc.

In my fantasy, the Bears keep Fields and give him the HAUL

But I'm just a fan and IDGAF what they do, I'll still be a fan.

That said. If it's CW or Maye, I really hope they go the route of Alt, Fashanu O lineman instead of weapons. They gotta protect the QB. Fields didn't have that luxury. But whatever.

There's things that I like about CW. There isn't much I like about Maye when compared to CW. If that's the options, I'd rather they go CW.

Welcome to the darkside!

Let's eat ribs!

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Fields and MHJ, Moore and one other high pick(Bowers, Fashanu, Turner, etc) and multiple draft picks including ANOTHER 2 firsts next season.

CW and Moore and maybe Bowers, Odunze, Nabers etc

Maye and Moore and Odunze, Bowers etc.

In my fantasy, the Bears keep Fields and give him the HAUL

But I'm just a fan and IDGAF what they do, I'll still be a fan.

That said. If it's CW or Maye, I really hope they go the route of Alt, Fashanu O lineman instead of weapons. They gotta protect the QB. Fields didn't have that luxury. But whatever.

There's things that I like about CW. There isn't much I like about Maye when compared to CW. If that's the options, I'd rather they go CW.

Welcome to the darkside!

Let's eat ribs!

This made me think of a quote I read from Brian Callahan when the Bengals picked Chase over Sewell.

(Not saying you’re wrong…. Just interesting to read an NFL coach’s thoughts on this subject)

"I think what you see around the league is that it's hard to hold the ball,” Callahan told media at the time about choosing Chase over Sewell. “That's every team across the league. There's nobody that sits back and drops back and hangs onto the ball for a long time, because those guys on the other side are freak shows. With those defensive linemen and the blitz packages you see, life is hard for a lot of teams. And when you get a chance to get guys who can win on the outside — and we feel really good about the guys we have that can go win matchups and catch balls — it helps when they win fast. That's a big part of it. The teams that hold the ball for a long time are few and far between anymore.

“There used to be big seven-step drops and holding onto the ball. It's just too hard to do [now]. The defensive linemen are too good. They present too many challenges. Now, teams have stables of two and three of them that are coming at you every week. And so guys that can go win outside are big advantages to offenses. You can dictate a little bit of a coverage structure too, and you have some big plays and some explosiveness. Now all of a sudden you get soft boxes for the run game, and all these things fit together.

“I think that when you have guys who can go win against these corners you have to face, the more of them that can win, the better. Just like I'm sure a bunch of defensive coordinators would sit down here and say, 'The more corners I have, the better off I'd be.' I think it's just an arms race to whoever can get the most explosive players."

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I think the Bears should trade up from #9 and get the #1 pick. :long:

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This made me think of a quote I read from Brian Callahan when the Bengals picked Chase over Sewell.

(Not saying you’re wrong…. Just interesting to read an NFL coach’s thoughts on this subject)

"I think what you see around the league is that it's hard to hold the ball,” Callahan told media at the time about choosing Chase over Sewell. “That's every team across the league. There's nobody that sits back and drops back and hangs onto the ball for a long time, because those guys on the other side are freak shows. With those defensive linemen and the blitz packages you see, life is hard for a lot of teams. And when you get a chance to get guys who can win on the outside — and we feel really good about the guys we have that can go win matchups and catch balls — it helps when they win fast. That's a big part of it. The teams that hold the ball for a long time are few and far between anymore.

“There used to be big seven-step drops and holding onto the ball. It's just too hard to do [now]. The defensive linemen are too good. They present too many challenges. Now, teams have stables of two and three of them that are coming at you every week. And so guys that can go win outside are big advantages to offenses. You can dictate a little bit of a coverage structure too, and you have some big plays and some explosiveness. Now all of a sudden you get soft boxes for the run game, and all these things fit together.

“I think that when you have guys who can go win against these corners you have to face, the more of them that can win, the better. Just like I'm sure a bunch of defensive coordinators would sit down here and say, 'The more corners I have, the better off I'd be.' I think it's just an arms race to whoever can get the most explosive players."
Great share. Good point.

+ teams just can't have elite at every position. We've rarely if ever had 2 elite WRs at once (while having OC worth their salt that is).

Hope one of the 3 WRs is still avail at 9, if that's how it goes.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

Hard to argue. Bears def. have a guy in Fields that can move. So getting him Bowers and Nabers would be fun to watch.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
The only player that I have seen so far that looks pro-ready is MHJ. It is easy to consider taking him at #1 because there isnt a good trade on the table. I only favor a trade down if you can get Washington or New England to dance.

But I think Washington has a bunch of draft picks on day-2 that I would love to poach, along with next year's first round pick. I would try to get them to trade back into the first round with that #9 draft pick. The talent on this offense is less than an inch deep, and I am of the opinion that several 2nd and 3rd round draft picks would be a great way to bring in new talent.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
you are thee worst
200.webp

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Pretty much said what I have been saying. But it’s ok if you still want fields. Everyone has their own wanting. But I’m with Urlacher.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Fields strength was never short to intermediate passes but he can drop a long ball in a bucket. Unfortunately, he doesn't have great protection and only one receiver that can get open regularly. I think he can get better on the short stuff.

If we could get him MHJ and either Bowers or another receiver I think you could see big improvements from him next year, similar to what Tua was able to do with Tyreek Hill and Waddle

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Fields strength was never short to intermediate passes but he can drop a long ball in a bucket. Unfortunately, he doesn't have great protection and only one receiver that can get open regularly. I think he can get better on the short stuff.

If we could get him MHJ and either Bowers or another receiver I think you could see big improvements from him next year, similar to what Tua was able to do with Tyreek Hill and Waddle

I'm on board. Fields is capable. He isn't perfect. But you give him those two guys and he could be.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Look what Hill did for Tua and that entire offense. It opened everything up, including the run game which were already pretty good at imo.

MHJ has been clocked at faster full speed than Hill this year. He's also 6" taller and better hands.

I'm taking the trade from wash, or just MHJ #1

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Look what Hill did for Tua and that entire offense. It opened everything up, including the run game which were already pretty good at imo.

MHJ has been clocked at faster full speed than Hill this year. He's also 6" taller and better hands.

I'm taking the trade from wash, or just MHJ #1

I'd be shocked if they did draft MHJ at one. But that wouldn't make me angry. If they believe in Fields and plan on keeping him and can't find a trade partner, I'd want MHJ.