Three assistant coaches who could join Matt Nagy's Bears staff

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
toub to oc is one of the most ridiculous things ive heard around here recently. lol

who the fuck would hire a stc as a oc? what body of work is there to go off of in terms of how hed coordinate an o? oh, thats right, none.

hed basically have to start over as a position coach and move up. hes better off continuing his career as one of the best stc in the game. if that doesnt land him a hc gig nothing will because its likely a personality thing.

why not hire a dc as oc? time for them to prove they can call the other side of the ball.

Did you know that Chip Kelly started as a defensive coach? Not may people know that.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Mike McCoy who John Elway banished due to Elway's phenomenal job of collecting as many Mike Glennon's as possible?

I don't think any of the bigger name OC's will come here cause they won't be calling plays.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
toub to oc is one of the most ridiculous things ive heard around here recently. lol

who the fuck would hire a stc as a oc?

Papa Bear Halas? Recommended by Tom Landry?

YES - Bears fans are the dumbest in sports. There are people in this very thread who want these guys to hire a fucking 60 year old special teams coach as the offensive coordinator. Dumbasses

Seriously the dumbest in sports. Long for the good old days of Ditka. Then cut down the same hiring path as Ditka as not worthy of being a HC.

I was reading Chief fans comments that Reid has one rule for his assistants that become HC: don't poach his staff. Unless he gives them the okay of course.

It makes some sense; Pederson only took one former Chief with him iirc.

So don't expect many more Chief connections. Nagy will have to venture out.

Personally, would like to see Mike McCoy.

Probably why he's willing to help set them up through other pathways.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
True dat. I still remember when some absolute moron started a thread aboot trading for Brett Hundley. What a ****ing ignoramus...

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/showthread.php/93068-Trade-For-Hundley?highlight=

giphy.gif

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would like an OC with some play calling experience. I think that would help Nagy on game days and would give him someone with more experience to lean on.

Not sure who is available right now that fits that mold, but a Mike McCoy would be awesome if he is cool not calling plays.

OL coach is a huge one as well.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I would like an OC with some play calling experience. I think that would help Nagy on game days and would give him someone with more experience to lean on.

Not sure who is available right now that fits that mold, but a Mike McCoy would be awesome if he is cool not calling plays.

OL coach is a huge one as well.

I liked ob1force's suggestion.

Since Nagy is going to be calling plays, I wouldn't mind a guy like Harold Goodwin coming in to bring in a different mindset at offensive coordinator.

He was OC for ARI under Arians but mostly coordinated the running game while Arians focused on the passing. Been attached to Arians' hip for nearly a decade.

billwade

Liked Posts:
I'd like to see Nagy give the OC job to Eric Bieniemy. He's been the Chiefs RB coach and did a really great job of developing Kareem Hunt. I think he would be the perfect coach for developing Cohen. He was the OC at Colorado, so he has some experience calling plays. Since he's worked with Nagy right up to last week, he wouldn't miss a beat on implementing the new system.

And screw Andy Reid's unwritten rule about raiding his staff, if it even exists. I'd give Reid the opportunity to promote Bieniemy to OC, and if he didn't, I'd offer him the Bears job.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

who the fuck would hire a stc as a oc? what body of work is there to go off of in terms of how hed coordinate an o? oh, thats right, none.

hed basically have to start over as a position coach and move up. hes better off continuing his career as one of the best stc in the game. if that doesnt land him a hc gig nothing will because its likely a personality thing.

why not hire a dc as oc? time for them to prove they can call the other side of the ball.

It is ridiculous to you. Since Nagy just finished working with Toub, it would make sense if Nagy knew that the past X number of years, Toub in addition to his special teams responsibilities has been learning Reid's offense and helping out with the offensive gameplan.

Of course not saying he has but the point here is that Nagy would obviously know the inner workings. Further in this scenario, Nagy would still be there to call plays if Toub were not ready.