Thursday News

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jeff Dickerson ‏@ESPNChiBears 35m35 minutes ago
Cutler: "We need to do better for the fans.....need to start fast (this weekend)."

Bears Insider ‏@bears_insider 34m34 minutes ago
Cutler: I think Vikings game is important to get guys some confidence. .... We've got to get out of this rut. #Bears

Zach Zaidman ‏@ZachZaidman 37m37 minutes ago
Cutler: "Trest said, 'We're not going to change just for change.' "

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Zach Zaidman ‏@ZachZaidman 40m40 minutes ago
Cutler on his bad habits: "Anybody can change."

Jeff Dickerson ‏@ESPNChiBears 41m41 minutes ago
How did the Bears get to this point? "If we knew, we probably wouldn't be here," Cutler said.

Zach Zaidman ‏@ZachZaidman 42m42 minutes ago
Cutler on the criticism: "The only way to remedy that is to win."

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...-blame-coverage-breakdown-20141112-story.html

Lance Briggs assumes blame for coverage breakdown

by Rich Campbell

Chicago Bears linebacker Lance Briggs on Wednesday assumed blame for an incorrect pre-snap check that led to a coverage breakdown on the Green Bay Packers' 73-yard touchdown pass in Sunday night's 55-14 defeat.

On the play, cornerback Tim Jennings appeared to play Cover-2 when the rest of the secondary played Cover-3. Receiver Jordy Nelson was wide open on the third-and-11 pass and scored easily.

"I shouldn’t have made the check," said Briggs, who calls plays in the huddle and is responsible for some pre-snap checks. "I saw something, tried to check out of it, and we don’t have a check out of that defense. So I put our defense in jeopardy on that play."

Defensive coordinator Mel Tucker acknowledged the late check was a key factor in the coverage breakdown.

"It is something that quite frankly just can’t happen," Tucker said Wednesday.

Tucker dismissed the notion that communication between players and him might be made simpler.

"We just have to get better executing what we have, period," he said.

Well Lance if you wouldn't zone out in meetings, maybe this wouldn't happen

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jeff Dickerson ‏@ESPNChiBears 44m44 minutes ago
Jay Cutler on Marquess Wilson: "I thought he had a better day today than yesterday...getting him back is a little bit of a boost for us."

Bears Insider ‏@bears_insider 45m45 minutes ago
#Bears' Cutler: Marquess looks great. Still shaky getting back into it, but better day today ... you forget how good he is as such young guy

Zach Zaidman ‏@ZachZaidman 45m45 minutes ago
Cutler: "I love playing with the guys in my huddle."

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Zach Zaidman ‏@ZachZaidman 25s26 seconds ago
Trestman: "Our coaches love coaching these guys."

Chicago Bears ‏@ChicagoBears 1m1 minute ago
Trestman on WR Marquess Wilson: "He's practicing and we're going to continue to watch him. It's good to see him out there."

Zach Zaidman ‏@ZachZaidman 2m2 minutes ago
Trestman on Mills: "It's muscular around the ribs."

Jeff Dickerson ‏@ESPNChiBears 2m2 minutes ago
Marc Trestman on Rich Gannon's comments about benching Cutler: "I can't comment on that because I haven't talked with him or read them." (Rich is doing the Vikings game isn't he?)

Chicago Bears ‏@ChicagoBears 3m3 minutes ago
#Bears coach Marc Trestman: "What we're doing is very simple. We're focusing on the details with every player."

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Zach Zaidman ‏@ZachZaidman 58m58 minutes ago
Kromer on his philosphy: "Follow the rules, run the play and don't worry about anything else."

Zach Zaidman ‏@ZachZaidman 1h1 hour ago
Kromer "In my opinion, you ought to trust a guy until he fails you."

Chicago Bears ‏@ChicagoBears 1h1 hour ago
Kromer: "Success will breed success and it doesn't take more than one play."

Kromer: "I think Jay [Cutler] will have the confidence to make plays, and when I say make plays I mean execute the offense."

#Bears OC Kromer: "We're used to being productive & not having focus issues. We can't have false starts that put us behind the chains."

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jared Allen: Adrian Peterson’s ‘mistake’ shouldn’t cost him career

Yeah, it should.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Jared Allen: Adrian Peterson’s ‘mistake’ shouldn’t cost him career

Yeah, it should.

Wait.... did AP get his kid vaccinated?

Choisauce

Liked Posts:
maybe they arent changing anything because it's all a master plan to fail miserably for high draft positions.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Zach Zaidman ‏@ZachZaidman 58m58 minutes ago
Kromer on his philosphy: "Follow the rules, run the play and don't worry about anything else."

Zach Zaidman ‏@ZachZaidman 1h1 hour ago
Kromer "In my opinion, you ought to trust a guy until he fails you."

Kromer: "Success will breed success and it doesn't take more than one play."

Kromer: "I think Jay [Cutler] will have the confidence to make plays, and when I say make plays I mean execute the offense."

#Bears OC Kromer: "We're used to being productive & not having focus issues. We can't have false starts that put us behind the chains."
Well then I can say without a doubt this coaching staff lost our trust as fans. As did Phil Emery.

MaoTenDoo

Rabid Homer
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://chicagosuntimes.com/sports/tucker-downplays-bears-defensive-woes-its-not-all-bad/

While to Bears fans and other observers, the defensive performance in recent games seems like a total collapse _— with players making incorrect adjustments and players out of position — Tucker said “It’s not all bad. Just a matter of fixing a few breakdowns that are proving costly.

“When you break it down and you take 60 or 70 plays, there are four or five plays where we were not good,” Tucker said. “So you focus on fixing things that are happening on those plays. There are other plays that we played good football. And you want to build on those plays.

Fucking idiot.