Tigers already offered a trade but were denied

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Tigers reporteldy offered Brandon Inge and prospects for Carlos Zambrano, Aramis Ramirez and cash...

I know, I know but per Phil Rogers.

Depending on the prospects, I'm not surprise they were denied.

Last edited:

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
:office:

thank god our personnel are not that incompetent

i'd like to see aramis and/or zambrano(much more ambivalent about zambrano) if we can get some good trade bait...but how does that trade help us? More cap room:rolleyes:? We lose two veterans for a player that not very good, undisclosed prospects and amount of money....

guess detroit was shooting for the stars

Last edited:

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Cubs would get multiple prospects but I doubt their top in Detroit's farm system. A-Ram yet alone will get a good return.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Brandon Inge is old, overpaid, bad defensively (-7 DRS), and he strikes out a lot.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
This just in, Jim Hendry won't just accept any amount of crap that is offered for players just to make a trade. Inge is a pretty bad player (amazing .492 OPS this year and is signed next year for 5.5 million and a 500k buyout after that) and is actually older than Aramis. I suppose it depends on what prospects were offered, but Detroit isn't exactly known for having a great farm system (25th rated system according to Baseball America), either. That and Aramis Ramirez has been pretty adamant about declining a trade at this point in the season. We have had some indications that might change as we get closer or past the deadline most likely. And this is being reported by Phil Rogers. So why are we talking about this?

Rick

Liked Posts:
091b1a6d-70c7-448c-9232-470e87f07ab5.jpg

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
DUMBbroski is a pretty bad GM. His contract is up at seasons end, Leyland's too, I hope both are re-signed. :shifty:

AceCubbie

Liked Posts:
Who cares about the Inge part? He's just a throw-in.

What would have made or broken the deal is (a) the prospects, and (b) the money changing hands. We know almost nothing about either one, so how can we judge the prospective trade?

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who cares about the Inge part? He's just a throw-in.

What would have made or broken the deal is (a) the prospects, and (b) the money changing hands. We know almost nothing about either one, so how can we judge the prospective trade?
Because Inge is a financial commitment beyond this season, and the Tigers system is pretty terrible. You are right that without knowing all the names it is impossible to accurately evaluate the deal, but it wasn't likely to be a good trade given the two conditions I stated above.

And again this has only being reported by Phil Rogers. So yeah.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well if its a denied trade coming from Rogers.

It probably happened.

If its a rumor.. then its suspect.

ZAN

Liked Posts:
Unless we were getting

- Jacob Turner
- Nick Castellanos
- Andy Oliver

along with Inge, Hendry HAD to say no. Inge woulda been plug-in for Ramirez with Castellanos as a prospect replacement (and competition for Vitters to get his shit together)...while Tuner/Oliver provides the potential to be a nice #2 or #3 type starter behind Garza.