Time For Change

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
zomg. tbo laying down the truthiness?

Seriously though. Idk why everyone is all over Scott and Pisani's nuts like their at fault for a 5-4-1 record. If anything, why not bitch that Toews and Kane each have two goals, or some of the dumb penalties that the defense has allowed. That's more the cause for the five losses than guys who obviously aren't going to put up fantastic numbers not doing it.

It is a rarity to see a point made so succinctly. :woot:

___

Tbo and Icehog :standing ovation: . . . like a flawless odd man break :bowrofl:

Matthew

Liked Posts:
This is so repetitive, I have said now in multiple posts that my criticism of Pisani, Cullimore, and Scott is not about point production or them playing a flawless game, yet that is all you three seem to bring up. Let me be even more clear so maybe you can comprehend my point this time around.

Last season the guy to hate on was Brent Sopel. Brent Sopel was an above average penalty killer and a good shot blocker. He had qualities that made up for his deficiencies which gave him enough value to warrant a roster spot. There is a guy who does not put up points and has a flawed game that I though of as an asset to the team. John Scott cannot kill penalties, he cannot skate, he literally does nothing... and to top it off he is very lazy on the ice.

Nick Boyton again seriously flawed player who does not put up points. At least Nick Boyton can kill penalties and knows the limits to his game and keeps himself in position most of the time. I think he has value to this team.

See it is not about holding the bottom 5 players on the roster to the same standards I hold the top 10 players. It is about those bottom 5 having any sort of value to contribute to the team.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
This is so repetitive, I have said now in multiple posts that my criticism of Pisani, Cullimore, and Scott is not about point production or them playing a flawless game, yet that is all you three seem to bring up. Let me be even more clear so maybe you can comprehend my point this time around.

Last season the guy to hate on was Brent Sopel. Brent Sopel was an above average penalty killer and a good shot blocker. He had qualities that made up for his deficiencies which gave him enough value to warrant a roster spot. There is a guy who does not put up points and has a flawed game that I though of as an asset to the team. John Scott cannot kill penalties, he cannot skate, he literally does nothing... and to top it off he is very lazy on the ice.

Nick Boyton again seriously flawed player who does not put up points. At least Nick Boyton can kill penalties and knows the limits to his game and keeps himself in position most of the time. I think he has value to this team.

See it is not about holding the bottom 5 players on the roster to the same standards I hold the top 10 players. It is about those bottom 5 having any sort of value to contribute to the team.
Ok, first off...the only people hating on Sopel were the bandwagon fans who were clueless about hockey...I loved Sopel (which most of the guys here can back me up)

Pisani is the same thing, he's not a flashy player, but he was brought here to kill penalties and play defensive hockey.

Very good point on boynton...he doesn't deserve much criticism, if any at all

As for Scott, here is my point...

He was brought in here to be a physical prescence and to protect our guys. The problem I have is that he gets 2 shifts per game. How can we as fans expect him to be at the top of his game when he can never get into a groove. He is out there for maybe 50 seconds, and then sits for a period and a half.

I cant blame him until he gets solid ice time...