Time to Rate Jay Cutler

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
But my post wasn't specific to Cutler...if a RB is prone to fumbles, don't you think every LB isn't going to lick his chops at trying to strip the ball from that RB. If a QB has a reputation for throwing picks, no matter who the QB is, every opposing DB is going to gamble a little and try and get that pick. As opposed to playing against a QB who is uber-efficient, opposing DB's will stay home and try not to gamble because they will most likely get torched by doing that. The risk is worth the reward when a QB is known to throw almost a pick a game.

If CB's or LB's don't try to force fumbles or step in front of passes they are basically giving up. If i was a coach i would be pissed that my team only took a chance on certain players theythink they have a shot at and not all players. Jay Cutler also has a repuation for being clutch so maybe apl teams should just pack it in if the game is close and its the 4th Qt

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
If CB's or LB's don't try to force fumbles or step in front of passes they are basically giving up. If i was a coach i would be pissed that my team only took a chance on certain players theythink they have a shot at and not all players. Jay Cutler also has a repuation for being clutch so maybe apl teams should just pack it in if the game is close and its the 4th Qt

If a DB is playing against Peyton Manning/Brady/Brees/Rodgers...I would hope that their main focus is to maintain coverage and not have any of those QB's throw their way and hope that the dline can generate pressure to force them into a bad throw. But if a QB has a reputation for making a few mental errors in the game my focus will be to maintain coverage but gamble on some throws because of the QB's tendencies and reputation.

I didn't really expect you to miss the whole point of this, but I guess some people get irrational when discussing certain QB's

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So PIB, while you're here posting away, did you check back to page 2 on here to my response to you basically accusing me of waiting for Cutler to have a bad game and then doing a new survey?

Newblood

Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;fipQisc68dQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fipQisc68dQ&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So PIB, while you're here posting away, did you check back to page 2 on here to my response to you basically accusing me of waiting for Cutler to have a bad game and then doing a new survey?

Yep and I apologize. But fuck you anyways! :)

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If a DB is playing against Peyton Manning/Brady/Brees/Rodgers...I would hope that their main focus is to maintain coverage and not have any of those QB's throw their way and hope that the dline can generate pressure to force them into a bad throw. But if a QB has a reputation for making a few mental errors in the game my focus will be to maintain coverage but gamble on some throws because of the QB's tendencies and reputation.

I didn't really expect you to miss the whole point of this, but I guess some people get irrational when discussing certain QB's

I'm having a bad jay day. I'll come in the clutch later

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
I'm having a bad jay day. I'll come in the clutch later

Yeah, you definitely fumbled this argument...but I'm confident you will do better in garbage time

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
No Brainers:

Rodgers, Brees, P. Manning, Brady

Very possible:

Ben, Eli

Possible but probably not:

Newton, Rivers, Schaub, Stafford, Ryan, Romo

Too Soon to Tell:

Luck (Likely to be better than Jay very soon), Kaepernick, Wilson, Tannehill, Locker, Manuel, Smith, Pryor (Not sold on these 7 yet), RG3 (Will be better if injuries don't derail his career)

Hell No:

The rest

That leaves him somewhere around 8-12 in my book, but it's because I'm not counting most of the young QBs until they have a bigger sample size.

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought the OP asked for a rating based on this years perfomance. If that is the case them I have Jay at 11-13. RG3, BIG ben and Eli would be rated far worse than Cutler with Locker rated better.

now I see all the 1 yr > 4 Yr bullshit and I wounder WTF? I'm not reading three pages of this to clarify what you jokers are really saying!

If this is based on the last few years then RG3, Big Ben and Eli would be rated better than Jay and I would put Jay at about 16.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I thought the OP asked for a rating based on this years perfomance. If that is the case them I have Jay at 11-13. RG3, BIG ben and Eli would be rated far worse than Cutler with Locker rated better.

now I see all the 1 yr > 4 Yr bullshit and I wounder WTF? I'm not reading three pages of this to clarify what you jokers are really saying!

If this is based on the last few years then RG3, Big Ben and Eli would be rated better than Jay and I would put Jay at about 16.

Was it this year only? I didn't read it honestly.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Was it this year only? I didn't read it honestly.

I took it as in general because the OP referenced last season as 12-16 and this was to see if there was any change through the first 4 weeks of this season. Maybe I'm way off, I do have reading comprehension issues though as pointed out in several threads.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I took it as in general because the OP referenced last season as 12-16 and this was to see if there was any change through the first 4 weeks of this season. Maybe I'm way off, I do have reading comprehension issues though as pointed out in several threads.

That is correct. Sorry if any confusion. I had planned at the end of each quarter of the regular season. It is not how did he do today, or these 4 games, but how do you rank him against all the other QBs in the league.

Since there is some much discussion on here, it is always a good perspective to see where we as a whole rank him. What we usually find out is the "haters", "fanboys", or whatever terms there are out there, are usually in or around the same area as it each. Good for perspective I think.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
That is correct. Sorry if any confusion. I had planned at the end of each quarter of the regular season. It is not how did he do today, or these 4 games, but how do you rank him against all the other QBs in the league.

Since there is some much discussion on here, it is always a good perspective to see where we as a whole rank him. What we usually find out is the "haters", "fanboys", or whatever terms there are out there, are usually in or around the same area as it each. Good for perspective I think.

This is why I have refused to partake in most Cutler "discussions."

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

That is an excellent observation. So is it safe to assume that haters are usually judging based upon performance, and fanboys actually couple their assessment of that performance with varying degrees of homoerotic fantasy?

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nope, heard it from Charles Woodson last year, Ryan Clark this year. Both alluded it to being his reputation among defensive players in the league, so I doubt they're the only ones.
I get it coming from Woodson, Clark though doesnt make sense..