Time to Replace Happ..

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm not saying they shouldn't bring him up while Happ is slumping but AAA AB's are lot different than MLB.

Plus the fact that no one is hitting makes a guy who has been an All-Star like Happ, stick out.

Saviors out of AAA are a rarity.

Just keep the name Mervis in mind.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I would hold off for the Cards unless a injury goes down.

As is Luis Vazquez will be promoted. That will cost 1 roster spot. Swanson returning costs a 2nd. So we don't know who will get demoted/DFA or IL in return. Speculation is Morel is not getting better with his foot and the lingering injury from Hoerner is a concern.

So until we see those moves put on the transaction wire it is a bit too early for Davis. Davis might just cool off also. So I personally would want to see extended production vs a hot streak. We got that from Busch and outside of it his numbers are not eye popping.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
05/20/24Chicago Cubs activated SS Dansby Swanson from the 10-day injured list.

05/20/24Chicago Cubs optioned 2B Miles Mastrobuoni to Iowa Cubs.

05/20/24Chicago Cubs optioned OF Pete Crow-Armstrong to Iowa Cubs.

They did not post the Luis part yet but most likely will be for PCA. It made sense as PCA needs full time PA and they are not there.

It feels like Craig is pretty locked into set positions for his guys. And they need to work through their slumps. Injury is another issue.

As of right now the Cubs have a 4 man rotation in the OF and with Luis added a legit MI vs a poor man one.

Mmm I don't think Davis gets recalled unless a major injury happens. Maybe wrong but from what we have seen guys get brought up to fill for injury. The pen seems to be the exception as is the bench. Starters really have to go down in injury or in Hendricks case...

Well some talk has been happening reguarding that issue. Some talk has been in Kyle has been good for a inning or 2. Then 2nd time you want him out of there. So with Wicks returning with Smyly the talk has been to move Hendricks and Smyly into 2 inning work with Wicks returning to the rotation.

Corresponding move would have to be some of the unproven RP. Can't remember the last guy called up and probley Little demoted. Seems it is more about fresh arms and having Brown, Wesneski, Smyly and Hendricks in MR pushing the ball to Neris and Leiter.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Mmm. I think I am ok with 5-6 on the starter. 2 from a MR then they need to add a 3rd late inning arm.

Out of who they have Almonte has been the best.

Currently Cuas has not sucked. I still dislike him. I really dislike him in high pressure.

Not enough data on Tyson Miller.

They really need a legit closer. The pile up of 2nd rate arms is beneath a play off caliber team.