Time to Trade Teuvo

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I agree. Very few Panarins come along and play so well immediately. We see glimpses of excellence from Teuvo and then are disappointed when he doesn't keep it up consistently. I just don't give up on young players like this because IF they figure things out you have yourself a stud for many years. He could fail to mature into a good player. One never knows but in terms of natural ability, he has it.

Panarin is 23. Teuvo is 21. There's a pretty big difference in those two years. Plus Panarin had been playing for several years in the KHL in Russia prior to arriving here, much longer than Teuvo had been playing in the Finnish elite league

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Panarin is 23. Teuvo is 21. There's a pretty big difference in those two years. Plus Panarin had been playing for several years in the KHL in Russia prior to arriving here, much longer than Teuvo had been playing in the Finnish elite league

Panarin is 24.
I know, I know...
but you know.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Why y'all talking about Ba'con?

I think the concept of some not seeing the elements of Teuvo or not satisfied don't seem to account how well he still is defensively. His good old advanced defenisve and passing stats showing off his assets are still there. I know some folks would be thinking sure go for Galychuck or Drouin with the potential to let Teuvo go for them because he's not satisfied the team.

Those two guys are bad defensive players... not just in comparison to Teuvo. Besides if the argument is that Teuvo is a natural center or right winger(which I think is more trust based on his deeper history there) those two guys are natural centers and bad defensively even at winger. So getting one of those two, or another like Yakupov, while giving up Teuvo for them for that O-boost would probably be catastrpohic especially when Q's full ice expectations come into play.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bread Man will turn 35 next year.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
TT is fine. I would only trade him if the offer was a 1st rounder and an excellent prospect. Kid is only 21. He was a beast in last year's Cup run playing with veterans. He has also been great since Hossa went down. That's a mark of a gamer when they elevate their game when it's needed most. You don't give up on an asset like that unless the offer blows you away.

I don't see how the Hawks can afford Panarin after next year. At least they should get a nice haul when they trade him away.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
TT is fine. I would only trade him if the offer was a 1st rounder and an excellent prospect. Kid is only 21. He was a beast in last year's Cup run playing with veterans. He has also been great since Hossa went down. That's a mark of a gamer when they elevate their game when it's needed most. You don't give up on an asset like that unless the offer blows you away.

I don't see how the Hawks can afford Panarin after next year. At least they should get a nice haul when they trade him away.
4 mil gone from bicks and with the, i think, likely expansion draft going into that 17/18 season, losing a bigger deal like Hossa(cap circumventing rules pending) or others is possible for them.

Stan is bound to extend Panarin this summer so he'll have plenty of time to figure how it'll work in two years.

Side note... I wonder if in the chicago area panera bread sales have gone up this season.

Why must I be Ladd? using Tapatalk

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Yeah, but that means he's born in st. louis.

St. LouisBerg is how they say it in their native tongue.

Though he might also be from Korobeiniki, it's always an unknown origin with these guys.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
It's a good thing the Hawks got rid of that bum TT instead of trading for some decent linemates!

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I think that they will. Where they are going to have to do is rebuild their defensive cadre, probably starting next off season. A lot of money is going to come off of the books when that happens along with Hossa. But Panarin isn't gonna go anywhere.