Tired of Ditka...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Jaybels

Liked Posts:
Anyone else getting real tired of listening and/or hearing Ditka mentioned with everything the Chicago Bears do? I understand the guy won a Super Bowl for Chicago, but in reality that team should have won more than one, or at least gone to more than one.

I just wish he would go away for a bit.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I would rather have them mention him then not mention him at all. I don't like how they tie veterans into EVERYTHING we do such as "Sayers thinks the Bears should...." etc. Sayers interjects himself into what we do every week...I wish the guy would just concentrate on his mall card signings and chill out.

I am cool with Ditka but Sayers is a cunt.

Reactions: Pre

IronMike

Liked Posts:
Blasphemy! Ditka had nothing to do with the dismantling of the team after '85. Talk to the owners. As far as Bears coaches there's Halas then Ditka then a bunch of .500 wannabees. Get a great coach in here and we can stop talking about Ditka. His steakhouse is pretty awesome too. Makes a great bar-b-q sauce as well but sorry Mike I do prefer Sweet Baby Ray's.

IronMike

Liked Posts:
I would rather have them mention him then not mention him at all. I don't like how they tie veterans into EVERYTHING we do such as "Sayers thinks the Bears should...." etc. Sayers interjects himself into what we do every week...I wish the guy would just concentrate on his mall card signings and chill out.

I am cool with Ditka but Sayers is a cunt.

You know I thought Urlacher was big douche with what he said about Sayers. Sayers was right and Urlacher shouldn't talk shit because he's not anywhere near the same player. A guy that takes a year off because of a broken wrist and whines about his sore back constantly. Get some Ben Gay and shut your pie hole. I love Urlacher don't get me wrong but there's no comparison between him and Gallopin' Gale/the Kansas Comet.

Rex Jaybels

Liked Posts:
meatball_crop380w.jpg

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Ditka would lead to failure, he even admitted numerous times how things have changed and people need to get over the past and how things were in the NFL. He admits how his style didn't work in New Orleans because the time and attitude of players isn't even close to the same mentality.

The whole dismantling of the team wasn't even the downfall. Ditka also admits he held onto those aged vets later on WAY too long and he should of gotten them off the team.. but the only reasons they didn't win the years following 85 was the offensive ability going down with age and the departure of Payton and not having a healthy effective QB until like I just mentioned, the D's age caught up to them.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Disagree. I think Ditka and our defense would work together like a picture perfect marriage. The offense might not like Ditka but they will fucking get over it.

You mean those players that love Lovie Smith and play hard for him and have never given up... and mainly only were ever bad the past 3 years because of injuries and just the fact their d-line sucked because of ridiculous personnel moves such as getting rid of every single DT that played from 06 to 07 except Tommie Harris coming back injured without half the skill he once had.

And the drafting of small school DE's with injury history instead of any real threat to come in and replace the aging DEs

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
What makes you think it's Lovie who deserves the credit for the draft picks? I'm not going to hate on his x's and o's ability, I think he's decent. But the Bears have had some damn amazing defensive coordinators during Lovie's time as HC.

It's mostly not Lovie, he deserves some credit blame but most of that falls onto Jerry Angelo who should of been fired already. Signing Peppers shouldn't even be any reason to accommodate him, when your management gives you the go ahead to spend that much it's kinda just a sign the management stepped up and you got lucky Peppers had you on his top 4 teams to go to and you were the best one.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Were you around for the Ditka and Buddy Ryan drama? Lots of weak conclusions here, Carib.

IronMike

Liked Posts:
Cutler is the savior? Orton has better stats he just has an even worse head coach. I think the reason the Bears are winning right now has more to do with the offensive and defensive coordinators.

Rex Jaybels

Liked Posts:
Are we really going to debate the Orton/Cutler thing again?

IronMike

Liked Posts:
Except for the last few games Cutler has never talked to anyone. Not after a TD, not after a bad play, not even when a guy gets injured. What kind of leadership is that?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Ditka...hes done something no other coach in Chicago has done. Won a Super Bowl. Lovie Smith has done something only one other coach in Chicago has done, gotten to the Super Bowl.

Should the 80's Bears have gotten to more Super Bowls? Probably, but how often do teams in this league win multiple Super Bowls? Teams like the Ravens had a great defense and statisically better than the 85' Bears, and they only won once. Injuries are usually the cause of a team not winning another Super Bowl. The Bears lost Jim McMahon in 1986, and started an inexperience Doug Flutie in a playoff game that many of the players questioned. As far as the further demise of the Bears. Alot of it has to do with Mike McCaskey thinking he could rebuild through the draft and then did not have to pay proven players money (This has worked in the case of the Patriots, but the Bears have never really had smart GMs/personnel who can scout good talent minus a few hits here and there). So in all, we needed smarter people near the top to manage the team, and that didnt happen.

Rex Jaybels

Liked Posts:
Except for the last few games Cutler has never talked to anyone. Not after a TD, not after a bad play, not even when a guy gets injured. What kind of leadership is that?

How do you know? From TV? Are you at every game watching only Cutler after every offensive snap?

IronMike

Liked Posts:
Hey stats don't lie and no I don't think Cutler has exhibited a single sign of leadership ability until recently. The team is run by a middle linebacker.

IronMike

Liked Posts:
Ditka...hes done something no other coach in Chicago has done. Won a Super Bowl. Lovie Smith has done something only one other coach in Chicago has done, gotten to the Super Bowl.

Should the 80's Bears have gotten to more Super Bowls? Probably, but how often do teams in this league win multiple Super Bowls? Teams like the Ravens had a great defense and statisically better than the 85' Bears, and they only won once. Injuries are usually the cause of a team not winning another Super Bowl. The Bears lost Jim McMahon in 1986, and started an inexperience Doug Flutie in a playoff game that many of the players questioned. As far as the further demise of the Bears. Alot of it has to do with Mike McCaskey thinking he could rebuild through the draft and then did not have to pay proven players money (This has worked in the case of the Patriots, but the Bears have never really had smart GMs/personnel who can scout good talent minus a few hits here and there). So in all, we needed smarter people near the top to manage the team, and that didnt happen.

You're forgetting Papa Bear.

Status
Not open for further replies.