To put this signing into perspective

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
If you could have picked any player in the NFL for the Bears to sign is there really anyone you would have selected over Mack? Arguably best player at biggest position of need and intangibles are off the chart.

Not knowing what we have in trubisky yet I would have a hard time going with another qb over Mack.

Svic

Liked Posts:
Legit I would have picked Mack or Von Miller

Mack is younger and technically there hasn’t been a more disruptive player the last 3 years other than Mack. Most in hits, sacks, hurries. On nfl network they also said Mack has the most hurries, hits and sacks in the 4th quarter when the game is 1 score apart than any other defensive player in the league since 2015.

smilebit

Liked Posts:
I'm sorry, as much as I hate to admit this, there's no way I'm taking Mack over Rodgers. Are you kidding me, pairing Rodgers with our receiving corp, TE group and a top 10 defense and our running game, no way in hell I'm taking anyone over him because that's multiple playoffs and SB appearances, something the pukers brass can't get in their head which is why they've only won 2 SB's in 30 years with 2 HOF QB's. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the Mack signing and he will obviously take our defense to the next level but Trubs is unproven and if I'm going for winning SB's, there's no way Rodgers isn't the number one player I want on this team with this roster.

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
I'm sorry, as much as I hate to admit this, there's no way I'm taking Mack over Rodgers. Are you kidding me, pairing Rodgers with our receiving corp, TE group and a top 10 defense and our running game, no way in hell I'm taking anyone over him because that's multiple playoffs and SB appearances, something the pukers brass can't get in their head which is why they've only won 2 SB's in 30 years with 2 HOF QB's. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the Mack signing and he will obviously take our defense to the next level but Trubs is unproven and if I'm going for winning SB's, there's no way Rodgers isn't the number one player I want on this team with this roster.

Counterargument is that Rodgers as good as he is will still have to learn the offense and might not be running on all cylinders for a couple years and you don't know how many years he has left. He has been in the same offense his entire career and might have turned out more like Bearz quarterbacks if he had a different OC every year.

D.J. Moore

The Member
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Id like Nelson or Hopkins.

Hammer

Liked Posts:
Joey Bosa, since he's 4 years younger and made of same HOF pass rushing potential, plus he's still on rookie contract.

smilebit

Liked Posts:
Counterargument is that Rodgers as good as he is will still have to learn the offense and might not be running on all cylinders for a couple years and you don't know how many years he has left. He has been in the same offense his entire career and might have turned out more like Bearz quarterbacks if he had a different OC every year.

The same is being said about Mack, he's in his prime and according to history, once he's over 30 his play will start to diminish unless he turns out to be like Peppers and play until he's 40. Rodgers will still be playing at a high level for the next 4-5 years so if you're looking at it from that stand point, Rodgers would give this team the better chance to get the Bears into multiple playoffs and possible SB's as opposed to Mack. Trubisky is and will be an unkown for awhile, Rodgers is proven and would take this team farther, at least for now and that we know of.

Plus Rodgers is a pompous-ass douche-nozzle. And he's older. I'm being entirely objective in saying that.

No argument here man

Sammich

Liked Posts:

Agreed. I would have targeted a QB over Mack. Our defense was looking pretty solid as it sat before signing Mack.... so a QB would have been more of a need.

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:
If you could have picked any player in the NFL for the Bears to sign is there really anyone you would have selected over Mack? Arguably best player at biggest position of need and intangibles are off the chart.

Not knowing what we have in trubisky yet I would have a hard time going with another qb over Mack.

I would still be happy with the pick, if we went back to the 2017 draft and Pace selected Trubisky all over again. There is no quarterback out there right now that I would rather have than the one that is quarterbacking the Chicago Bears right now.

Sammich

Liked Posts:
I would still be happy with the pick, if we went back to the 2017 draft and Pace selected Trubisky all over again. There is no quarterback out there right now that I would rather have than the one that is quarterbacking the Chicago Bears right now.

Wow. Strong statement.

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:

Fuck Rodgers! Go Trubisky!

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
The same is being said about Mack, he's in his prime and according to history, once he's over 30 his play will start to diminish
That is a false statement.

To begin with, it is 30 years when running backs hit the wall. There is no such data for pass rushers.

For your information, I took some of the all time sack leaders and gave amount of years that they had 10+ sacks in their 30th year or above. If your belief is true, they should have a maximum of 2 years with 10+ sacks.

Bruce Smith (7 years)
Reggie White (6 years)
Kevin Greene (7 years)
Chris Doleman (5 years)
Michael Strahan (4 years)
John Abraham (4 years)
Terrell Suggs (3 years)
Julius Peppers (4 years)
Jason Taylor (3 years) your best one - last 10+ was at age 33
John Randle (4 years)

Seeing that Mack is on the right path to the Hall of Fame, it is pretty safe to say that he will be effective for at least 6 more years. In reality, most of the players that had 10+ sacks after the age of 29 above had 10+ sacks when they were 35 or older so he should be effect for about a decade more.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
I mean over the best QB in the game ? No but over everyone else yes.

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:
I mean over the best QB in the game ? No but over everyone else yes.

I'll take my chances with Trubisky. I think he'll pan out just fine. a lot of doubters and I can't wait til he proves them all wrong.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:

Like it or not Rodgers is one of the greatest QBs in the history of the game. He has god given talent regardless of the system. He is ridiculously accurate. Great footwork and pocket presence. He’s clutch under pressure with a killer instinct. He has a strong arm and is athletic.

The argument about a new offense and the time to adjust is completely overblown by NFL fans. Of course there is unfamiliarity and there will be bumps in the road. However these guys do this for a living. They spend hours working the fine points of the system. I give any QB 1 full year in the offense before they know it without training wheels. I fully expect TRU to be running at a high level after the bye week. Fucking Goff entered a new system last year and played at a high level. Fucking Goff!

But Fuck Rodgers and Fuck the Green Bay Packers!!! I hope he throws 4 interceptions and is sacked 5 times on Sunday!

I go Rodgers but Mack is next.