Toews and Keith All-Stars

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Fans vote Crosby, Malkin, Toews, Letang, Keith and Fleury the first six All-Stars for the 2011 All-Star Game

While I'm happy for Toews and Keith, I personally think it should have been Sharp and Campbell instead. I never vote for this shit, but if I did, those would have been the first two I voted for from the Hawks. Thoughts?

Unfortunately, I think most of the voters for this are kids that play NHL11.
<

JOVE23

Liked Posts:
I play NHL 11 (and am right now!), big whoop wanna fight about it???

But seriously, I get what you're saying. I sure as hell wouldn't have voted for Keith. Toews, maybe.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
I am just waiting for the usual idiotic statement that someone will say. "We shouldn't let any Hawks play in the game because they are risking an injury".

Always someone who comes out of the woodwork and says it.

As for Toews and Keith. Toews obviously gets in through his play this year and his reputation. Keith gets in through his reputation. Love Duncs and always will but his play this year is not all-star caliber play. But these are fan favorite votes and both guys should be proud of getting those votes. They are 2 NHL players that are easy to be fans of and it's great that they have such a strong following around the league fan base even if it is kids looking up to them.

Toews obviously gets my fan vote. As for a second Hawk? Campbells a good choice but his offensive numbers aren't good enough for my vote even though I love him and I know how valuable he is. But he doesn't crack my top 5 NHL blueliners who I would vote for. Sharp would easily be my second Hawk pick for the current season. He's playing out of his mind and deserves the recognition. He should be penciled in for the All-Star game I will be upset if he is not.

What I want to know is how do 4 Pens get on the first 6? Crosby, Malkin for sure but Letang and Fluery ahead of other blueliners and goalies? Really? I love Letang to death and he is having a great year but I am shocked to see him as a top 6 vote getter. Same with Fluery to be honest. Sounds like a team that has been marketed real well to kids like you said Pez.

genefoley

Liked Posts:
No one's gonna get hurt TCD. Nobody even tries in this game.

LOL @ Keith getting in.

LOL @ Sharp not getting in. (Isn't he third in the league in G?)

JOVE23

Liked Posts:
I hope the East captain picks Buff. He deserves to be in the show.

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
Fans vote Crosby, Malkin, Toews, Letang, Keith and Fleury the first six All-Stars for the 2011 All-Star Game

While I'm happy for Toews and Keith, I personally think it should have been Sharp and Campbell instead. I never vote for this shit, but if I did, those would have been the first two I voted for from the Hawks. Thoughts?

<

I'm fine with Toews making it but I agree with you on Keith - that makes no sense. I would have preferred to see Sharp there. People vote based on popularity and other factors.

R K

I hope the East captain picks Buff. He deserves to be in the show.

Doesn't the NHL Operations group pick the rest of the players?

These were just the highest vote totals by the fans in each position.

GoBucky

Liked Posts:
Yes, the NHL picks the players and the captains pick which team they are on.

jaxhawksfan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As much as I like Duncs, I have to agree with those of you who have stated (truthfully) that he hasn't played to his usual level this season. With that said, when has a player's performance up to the end of voting EVER played any part in being named to the All-Star Game? Just like every other sport, it is a popularity contest, plain and simple, and not always just by the fans.

Ton

Liked Posts:
Sharp should be there over any other Hawk.

No Blackhawk defenseman deserves to be an All-Star this year except maybe Seabrook.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sharp has been the best player on the team all season... what a fucking fake fucking joke "voting" has been the last few years.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

<

To name one player left out, Steven Stamkos should be in this top 6 but he plays for a small market team in a warm weather climate.Obviously fan voting is'nt a good indicator of the best players. A player vote plus giving the head coach and GM of each team a vote would be better in my eyes. The NFL players vote for their leagues all star players, I think they are the only sport to do that.

supraman

Liked Posts:
I wrote Ladd in for a vote

TSD

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The fan voting is just a gimmick. The GM's should nominate players from their team for all-stars, period. Presence in the all-star game should be about your performance this season, not past performance. Anyway we all remember this:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL0ZTcPnMIo&feature=related[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roOiru0-dHQ&feature=related[/media]

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
I am just waiting for the usual idiotic statement that someone will say. "We shouldn't let any Hawks play in the game because they are risking an injury".

Always someone who comes out of the woodwork and says it.

As for Toews and Keith. Toews obviously gets in through his play this year and his reputation. Keith gets in through his reputation. Love Duncs and always will but his play this year is not all-star caliber play. But these are fan favorite votes and both guys should be proud of getting those votes. They are 2 NHL players that are easy to be fans of and it's great that they have such a strong following around the league fan base even if it is kids looking up to them.

Toews obviously gets my fan vote. As for a second Hawk? Campbells a good choice but his offensive numbers aren't good enough for my vote even though I love him and I know how valuable he is. But he doesn't crack my top 5 NHL blueliners who I would vote for. Sharp would easily be my second Hawk pick for the current season. He's playing out of his mind and deserves the recognition. He should be penciled in for the All-Star game I will be upset if he is not.

What I want to know is how do 4 Pens get on the first 6? Crosby, Malkin for sure but Letang and Fluery ahead of other blueliners and goalies? Really? I love Letang to death and he is having a great year but I am shocked to see him as a top 6 vote getter. Same with Fluery to be honest. Sounds like a team that has been marketed real well to kids like you said Pez.

Quite a bit of manlove in this post. I hope Jako doesnt read this and get jealous of these guys.

Shredder

Liked Posts:
Can we just scrap the All-Star game already?

This new recipe is so convoluted it makes my head hurt.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am shocked that there is no John Scott/David Engelland out there to protect all these stars!