Tom Thayer Responds to Fox's Comment

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What the fuck are you going on about? Thanks for letting me know John Fox had been fired. I had no idea. I thought he was to blame all along for not being able to replace Robbie Gould and not Ryan Pace. The reason we are even talking about this is because Fox is being a hypocrite on national TV and bashing his former employer because Matt Nagy won COTY while Fox’s senile ass is stuck on ESPN. It’s sour grapes at it’s finest.

I thought the reason we are talking about this is because the Bears lost a playoff game because of a shitty kicker and are about to go into another season with shitty kickers.

Why do you watch football? To cry about former Bears coaches or to see the Bears win? I am saying you are focused on the wrong thing. Fox being a hypocrite is irrelevant. What is relevant is he appears to be right about the Bears kicker situation.

You seem like the kind of guy that if your kids started a fire, you would spend more time berating the kid that said the house is burning but has a broken leg so can't do anything about it (ie Fox is fired) vs the kid with the water hose in his hand but is watering the plants instead of putting out the fire (ie Pace the current GM). In other words, I think the focus should probably be on putting out the fire and only one kid can do that.

The stupidity of this logic is that no one would argue that the kid with the broken leg is an asshole for yelling at the kid who has the water hose that he should direct the hose to the burning house. In other words, being the cause of something is not grounds for ignoring the problem still exists and the person paid millions to solve it still hasn't solved it.

Last edited:

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I thought the reason we are talking about this is because the Bears lost a playoff game because of a shitty kicker and are about to go into another season with shitty kickers.

Why do you watch football? To cry about former Bears coaches or to see the Bears win. I am saying you are focused on the wrong thing. Fox being a hypocrite is irrelevant. What is relevant is he appears to be right about the Bears kicker situation.

Let's just leave it at, I care more about things that impact wins and losses this year while you apparently care more about John Fox being a hypocrite.
This thread was never meant to address the Bears’ kicker woes, it was meant to shit on John Fox’s sour grapes. The amount of times you miss the point is astounding. I mean Jesus Christ the title of the thread would have told you that.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This thread was never meant to address the Bears’ kicker woes, it was meant to shit on John Fox’s sour grapes. The amount of times you miss the point is astounding. I mean Jesus Christ the title of the thread would have told you that.

It is not sour grapes to point out the house is still burning. It is simply logical. Should Fox have said Pace solved the kicker situation?

I understand the intent. Some threads are better than others. Crying about Fox while Pace continues to flounder tying to address K is misguided and dumb. You are free to disagree. I just hope our season doesn't end on another missed kick because the guy responsible for fixing the problem failed yet again to do so.

Last edited:

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
It is not sour grapes to point out the house is still burning. It is simply logical. Should Fox have said Pace solved the kicker situation?
God do you even know what you’re talking about? This was about the Bears having “the worst offseason in the NFL”. His kicker take was used as evidence for his take. The house is not “burning” because the Bears didn’t have the worst offseason in the NFL.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
God do you even know what you’re talking about? This was about the Bears having “the worst offseason in the NFL”. His kicker take was used as evidence for his take. The house is not “burning” because the Bears didn’t have the worst offseason in the NFL.

Except your focus wasn't on the fact the Bears didn't have the worse offseason (I agree). It was on the fact that John Fox cut Robbie Gould.

If people had merely said the Bears didn't have the worse offseason then I would have agreed. Instead Tom Thayer and you guys are crying about the fact he said something factual ie the Bears kicking situation sucks. You are conflating two separate issues.

The Bears didn't have the worst offseason. John Fox was right to point out the kicking situation remains a mess. Both things can be true.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Except your focus wasn't on the fact the Bears didn't have the worse offseason (I agree). It was on the fact that John Fox cut Robbie Gould.

If people had merely said the Bears didn't have the worse offseason then I would have agreed. Instead Tom Thayer and you guys are crying about the fact he said something factual ie the Bears kicking situation sucks. You are conflating two separate issues.

The Bears didn't have the worst offseason. John Fox was right to point out the kicking situation remains a mess. Both things can be true.
Dude save me and yourself some time and watch the segment. The question was which team had the worst offseason in the NFL. John Fox answered the Bears, which is bullshit in and of itself. Then to provide reasoning for his answer he said the Bears had not addressed the kicker issue and lost Fangio. Fox showed he had sour grapes and was full of shit when his answer was the Bears. In other words he couldn’t take a jab at the kicker situation, which he is at least partially responsible for creating, unless he said that the Bears had the worst offseason. That is the point of this thread. He went out of his way and provided a bullshit answer to take a jab at the Bears for something he helped fuck up. That is the point of this thread. Now stop vortexing.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Dude save me and yourself some time and watch the segment. The question was which team had the worst offseason in the NFL. John Fox answered the Bears, which is bullshit in and of itself. Then to provide reasoning for his answer he said the Bears had not addressed the kicker issue and lost Fangio. Fox showed he had sour grapes and was full of shit when his answer was the Bears. In other words he couldn’t take a jab at the kicker situation, which he is at least partially responsible for creating, unless he said that the Bears had the worst offseason. That is the point of this thread. He went out of his way and provided a bullshit answer to take a jab at the Bears for something he helped fuck up. That is the point of this thread. Now stop vortexing.

It was not a bullshit answer. The kicker situation does suck and losing Fangio can in fact end up being a huge loss. It is entirely fair for someone to believe those will be major problems. Just like it is entirely fair for others to believe they won't.

Getting bent out of shape over it seems odd but do you bro. All I know is kicker is a huge concern until proven otherwise.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
It was not a bullshit answer. The kicker situation does suck and losing Fangio can in fact end up being a huge loss. It is entirely fair for someone to believe those will be major problems. Just like it is entirely fair for others to believe they won't.

Getting bent out of shape over it seems odd but do you bro. All I know is kicker is a huge concern until proven otherwise.
You have a serious issue with reading comprehension. The bullshit answer was saying the Bears had the worst offseason, which was the basis for his jab at the kicker spot. I really don’t understand what’s so fucking hard for you to understand.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You have a serious issue with reading comprehension. The bullshit answer was saying the Bears had the worst offseason, which was the basis for his jab at the kicker spot. I really don’t understand what’s so fucking hard for you to understand.

And if the Bears miss the playoffs because the kicker sucks and the D regresses then he could very well end up being right. So again, not really a bullshit answer. Just one you and I disagree with. I really don't understand what's so fucking hard for you to understand.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
And if the Bears miss the playoffs because the kicker sucks and the D regresses then he could very well end up being right. So again, not really a bullshit answer. Just one you and I disagree with. I really don't understand what's so fucking hard for you to understand.
You literally just said that you disagreed with him like maybe 10 minutes ago. The vortex is strong with you tonight my friend.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You literally just said that you disagreed with him like maybe 10 minutes ago. The vortex is strong with you tonight my friend.

I still disagree with him. Can you not read?

I can disagree with someone while still understanding that they could end up being right if certain things happen. Why? Because I don't have a crystal ball to predict how the season will unfold.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I still disagree with him. Can you not read?

I can disagree with someone while still understanding that they could end up being right if certain things happen. Why? Because I don't have a crystal ball to predict how the season will unfold.
Stop sitting on both sides of the fence like a politician. Be a man, state your opinion, and then defend it. Was he right or wrong to say the Bears had the worst offseason in the NFL?

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Most former players, but not all. Greg Jennings is a recent one who comes to mind. Fox may be a dick. I'm not arguing that. I think it's all quite funny, and Thayer and Bernstein have points, but seem just as bitter as they accuse Fox of being.

Greg Jennings penciled the Packers going 16-0 last year. He is the worst example you could have thought of

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Fox has a hand with fucking up the bears kicking situation, then goes on the media to blast the bears about the kicking situation

Remydat: ItS PaCe'S fAuLT! WHy aRE YoU TaLKIng ABoUT FoX?!

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I guess no one remembers when Remydat himself was opining for Pace to jettison Gould to clear up "cap space". Oh the irony.

Bernstein was/is always at his best when dealing with low hanging fruit...Special person callers, Penn State scandal, and now John Fox.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Stop sitting on both sides of the fence like a politician. Be a man, state your opinion, and then defend it. Was he right or wrong to say the Bears had the worst offseason in the NFL?

This response is non-sensical. It is the offseason. We won't truly know for sure if he was right or wrong until we see how the season plays out.

Perhaps when you get older and get more experience you will understand the world is not black and white.

I think the Bears did not have the worst offseason. I also think thinking they did is fair game. The season will reveal who is right. Not CCS.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Fox criticizes the Bears for letting him fuck up the kicker position.

Good for Thayer for speaking up.

With Fox 5-11, without Fox 12-4, how the hell does that qualify him to be an expert?

2 superbowl wins

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I guess no one remembers when Remydat himself was opining for Pace to jettison Gould to clear up "cap space". Oh the irony.

Bernstein was/is always at his best when dealing with low hanging fruit...Special person callers, Penn State scandal, and now John Fox.

I don't recall advocating we cut him. I recall in a thread about the salary cap listing out all the people whose salaries did not match their production at the time as people that could be cut.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
When camp started in 2018 I said it was stupid to only bring in one kicker, yes they were going to keep Parkey because of the contract, but more than one kicker in camp is SOP in the NFL. If for no other reason you learn about other kickers in case of injury.

The Bears current K problem is on Pace but Fox was part of the process that started this mess. To go on ESPN and bitch about problem you had a hand in creating is beyond hypocrisy, that was Thayer's point, Bernstein's point and the point of this thread.

If a few years Pace starts bitching about the Bears kicking fuck ups, he would be even worse than Fox, I don't expect that to happen.

@remydat missed the point.
[/QUOTEIf I remember correctly, Parkey was fine in camp. BUt the rest of your points are good