Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Waddle is the rarest of cases in that he's a former Chicago Bear who's actually worth the listen.

You mean he doesn't go full meatball like Urlacher and Hampton?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Or Mongo. Or Buffone. Or OB. Or Sayers.

LOL, yeah, I was going to add them. Ditka too. At least with a couple of those guys they go full meatball for the Bears.

Liked Posts:

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tom Waddle has a potty mouth.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I thought it was pretty damn good, and common sense. Love the part about chicks with mustaches where they said, "if I can see she has a mustache, then she sure as hell can see it."

Is Waddle calling long a chick?

jc456

Liked Posts:
I love that folks want them to run the ball. the problem is Forte is a better receiver than running back. Is he a good running back, yep when there is a hole, but when there isn't a hole one arm brings his arse down. I guess many of you don't actually watch those runs up the middle when the ball is on the 15 yard line and Forte loses two every down. I agree with run the ball more, however, the team has to be good enough to do that. This front line is not good enough. Oh well, I'll be criticised for this post, but it is a fact.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I love that folks want them to run the ball. the problem is Forte is a better receiver than running back. Is he a good running back, yep when there is a hole, but when there isn't a hole one arm brings his arse down. I guess many of you don't actually watch those runs up the middle when the ball is on the 15 yard line and Forte loses two every down. I agree with run the ball more, however, the team has to be good enough to do that. This front line is not good enough. Oh well, I'll be criticised for this post, but it is a fact.

It's the same problem that they have with Fuckler. Forte can pound the ball up the middle, when there are big holes up the middle. But it's not his forte(hyuck hyuck). You've gotta get him outside. You've gotta get creative with him. You've gotta create space. Really, we just have to get him the ball. Even a designed short pass like the "running" game the Patriots have used in the past will get him and this offense going. But thinking he's Jerome Bettis and expecting him to push the pile and truck people just ain't gonna happen.

Instead, you gameplay and playcall to his strengths. Which goes back to what I was saying earlier about Fuckler, if you abandon the running game on the first possession of the game, and want Fuckler to throw the ball 50 times a game, you're asking for a loss.

Smart coaches know this. Smart coaches don't put their stars in impossible situations where they are destined for failure. Right now, we have a coach that doesn't want to run the ball with one of the best running backs in the league. And instead, asks a turnover prone QB to throw the ball all day long.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Stupid, food for the meatballs though. LOL.

jc456

Liked Posts:
It's the same problem that they have with Fuckler. Forte can pound the ball up the middle, when there are big holes up the middle. But it's not his forte(hyuck hyuck). You've gotta get him outside. You've gotta get creative with him. You've gotta create space. Really, we just have to get him the ball. Even a designed short pass like the "running" game the Patriots have used in the past will get him and this offense going. But thinking he's Jerome Bettis and expecting him to push the pile and truck people just ain't gonna happen.

Instead, you gameplay and playcall to his strengths. Which goes back to what I was saying earlier about Fuckler, if you abandon the running game on the first possession of the game, and want Fuckler to throw the ball 50 times a game, you're asking for a loss.

Smart coaches know this. Smart coaches don't put their stars in impossible situations where they are destined for failure. Right now, we have a coach that doesn't want to run the ball with one of the best running backs in the league. And instead, asks a turnover prone QB to throw the ball all day long.

And why forte is watched by the defense to take that away. the play where Cutler is in shotgun and forte is on his side, where Cutler takes the snap takes one step back and then pitches to forte worked great last year. I don't recall seeing that yet this year. Nope forte up the gut for no gain. my god how many fnn times do we have to watch that loser play?

grenade007

Liked Posts:
Love it. Waddle and Silvy are the best duo on radio imo

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
All the Tom Waddle speeches in the world couldn't stop Jay from throwing atrocious 4th quarter interceptions.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
good stuff. It is amazing how underutilized Forte is. Its almost embarassing that we have one of the best RB's in the NFL, but treat him like a redheaded stepchild.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
Tom Waddle actually knows what he is talking about, compared to most Chicago sports radio "experts."