Ton of available QBs that are FAs, however...

KOTC2

Liked Posts:
Are any of these guys any better than what the Bears have already? Going to be interesting to see who's going to start next season.

Dak Prescott 27 Colt Mcoy - 34 Nathan Peterman - 26
Cam Newton 31 Robert Griffin III 30 Joshua Dobbs - 25
Jacaoby Brissett 27 Matt Barkley - 30
Philip Rivers 38 Matt Schaub - 39
A J McCarron 30 Nate Sudfeld - 39
Jameis Winston 26 Joe Flacco - 35
Ryan Fitzpatrick 37 Blaine Gabbert - 31
Tyrod Taylor 31 Geno Smith - 30
Brian Hoyer 35 Mike Glennon - 30
C J Beathard 26 Brett Hundley - 27
Andy Dalton 33 Sean Mannion - 28

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Dak is not leaving Dallas. Rivers will retire. If we don't draft a QB, then Brissett will be the one although Im not enthused about it.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Like the idea Heinicke to a 2 year contract - no signing bonus first year salary garaunteed giving Bears flexibility to move on for no dead money after a year if he turns back into a pumpkin at midnight, but also a 2nd year to get a real deal done in case he's legit.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Are any of these guys any better than what the Bears have already? Going to be interesting to see who's going to start next season.

Dak Prescott 27 Colt Mcoy - 34 Nathan Peterman - 26
Cam Newton 31 Robert Griffin III 30 Joshua Dobbs - 25
Jacaoby Brissett 27 Matt Barkley - 30
Philip Rivers 38 Matt Schaub - 39
A J McCarron 30 Nate Sudfeld - 39
Jameis Winston 26 Joe Flacco - 35
Ryan Fitzpatrick 37 Blaine Gabbert - 31
Tyrod Taylor 31 Geno Smith - 30
Brian Hoyer 35 Mike Glennon - 30
C J Beathard 26 Brett Hundley - 27
Andy Dalton 33 Sean Mannion - 28
Give me CJ Beathard. Invest heavily in the OL and lets pound the fucking rock baby!

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Like the idea Heinicke to a 2 year contract - no signing bonus first year salary garaunteed giving Bears flexibility to move on for no dead money after a year if he turns back into a pumpkin at midnight, but also a 2nd year to get a real deal done in case he's legit.

Big Trump supporter. His career might be that one game.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Just start Nick Foles.

Even if he's terrible, it gets you that much closer to his replacement.
Yeah, if it's the Bears goal to win 4 games next year, just start Foles. Foles will get hurt eventually and then Bears can bring in Tyler 'Everyday' Bray to finish the tank off.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
it was just one game, the guy is a bench warmer for a reason.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
it was just one game, the guy is a bench warmer for a reason.
As is pretty much every QB available, at some point fans are going to have to realize there is no diamond in the rough waiting to be discovered on the QB FA list. Pick the guy you like the best to bridge between now and when the Bears draft a real replacement.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
As is pretty much every QB available, at some point fans are going to have to realize there is no diamond in the rough waiting to be discovered on the QB FA list. Pick the guy you like the best to bridge between now and when the Bears draft a real replacement.
might as well stick with Mitchell in this case if you want a bridge QB. I'm DOne with him but i can wait til 2022. , because i doubt it'll make a difference now that we'll have holes all over this team the way people dont want our own if they can be had for cheap and possible growth but again that's on Nagy. I rather we resign mitchell & Arob, Foles retire/trade and find a late QB pick and then trade up in 2022 for QB with new F.O.
get rid of most of our old players..retool now, and 2022 we get our guy hopefully.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
might as well stick with Mitchell in this case if you want a bridge QB.

Nah, the "throw your hands up in defeat" play at bridge QB is just start foles and get a top 10 pick. I like taking a 1 year dice roll on Heinicke because hes not a known commodity (unlike Mitch), despite what the CCS expert scouts who didn't know who he was 5 days ago are saying.

Edit: but im with you that we are really just looking to minimize cost until they can get a decent prospect in either this draft or the next, just hope the BEars FO isnt stupid enough to lock up long term money on whoever they pick for QB.

Last edited:

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pace and Nagy are staying, no way they roll with Mitch again with their futures on the line. My guess is they trade for Matt Ryan. There's already talk about the Falcons trading up two spots with the Jets to pick a QB. Either way I think they pick a QB and trade Ryan. Pace and Nagy need to win next year and drafting a QB doesn't win them enough games to keep their jobs.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
might as well stick with Mitchell in this case if you want a bridge QB. I'm DOne with him but i can wait til 2022. , because i doubt it'll make a difference now that we'll have holes all over this team the way people dont want our own if they can be had for cheap and possible growth but again that's on Nagy. I rather we resign mitchell & Arob, Foles retire/trade and find a late QB pick and then trade up in 2022 for QB with new F.O.
get rid of most of our old players..retool now, and 2022 we get our guy hopefully.

Why pay for Mitchell when you already have Foles paid for? We need to cut salary, not spend more