Tony Stewart may have killed a guy.

R_Mac_1

Liked Posts:
Shit's wild.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Not Tony's fault. If you get out of your car on the track with a race in progress, you're basically committing suicide.

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not Tony's fault. If you get out of your car on the track with a race in progress, you're basically committing suicide.

So that gives tony the right to gun him down with his car? Great logic bud. Watch the video and it's obviously intentional

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
So that gives tony the right to gun him down with his car? Great logic bud. Watch the video and it's obviously intentional

I don't know if it was intentional, that'll probably be decided in court - but I don't know why you would accelerate when passing the kid.

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know if it was intentional, that'll probably be decided in court - but I don't know why you would accelerate when passing the kid.

Looked intentional to me, also this quote caught my eye
Tyler Graves, a sprint-car racer and friend of Ward's, told Sporting News in a phone interview that he was sitting in the Turn 1 grandstands and saw everything that happened.

"Tony pinched him into the frontstretch wall, a racing thing," Graves said. "The right rear tire went down, he spun on the exit of (Turn) 2. They threw the caution and everything was toned down. Kevin got out of his car. … He was throwing his arms up all over the place at Tony for most of the corner.

"I know Tony could see him. I know how you can see out of these cars. When Tony got close to him, he hit the throttle. When you hit a throttle on a sprint car, the car sets sideways. It set sideways, the right rear tire hit Kevin, Kevin was sucked underneath and was stuck under it for a second or two and then it threw him about 50 yards."

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Yeah, I read that quote as well. Looking at the actual video, it looks like it moved to the right once he was underneath.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

I don't care if Ward got of his car, which was wrong. Tony killed a guy intentionally or not. Tony was careless, wreckless and being a hothead no matter what. Let justice decide his punishment. This idiot is also still going to race today. smh

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
After reading some things witnesses said, it sounds like Tony Stewart put the pedal to the metal to zoom past the guy like an asshole but then the car fish tailed and actually hit the guy.

Who knows though...

Either way, there's a good chance that this is 2 guys who couldn't control their anger and now 1 is dead. Sad ending.

TheWinman

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
After reading some things witnesses said, it sounds like Tony Stewart put the pedal to the metal to zoom past the guy like an asshole but then the car fish tailed and actually hit the guy.

Who knows though...

Either way, there's a good chance that this is 2 guys who couldn't control their anger and now 1 is dead. Sad ending.

The video sound confirms that he put the metal to the pedal.

TheWinman

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Also, He should not be allowed to race today. The main reason is that if he was visibly shaken as reports say he was, then I don't see how you can be in 100% the correct frame of mind you need to be in when racing in a Nascar event. IMO If Stewart races this should be a concern to all the racers in the today's race. IMO

TheWinman

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Update: Stewart has pulled out of today's race

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
That's a shitty deal.... I know it sounds like Tony gassed it when he passed the guy, but we pretty much know, even as angry as Tony gets, he wasn't trying to hit or kill the guy....(I hope).

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Let's wait until we hear more details. Couple of points.

1. Stewart was behind another car. The car in front of him swerved to avoid Ward and it is possible Stewart didn't realize how far Ward was on the track until the first car cleared. You see drivers get out of their cars all the time so Stewart wouldn't be that surprised by that but you are probably not anticipating them coming that far onto the track as the race is still going on.

2. You can't just press brakes in a car like that and you can't really maneuver the car unless you press the gas. So any action to avoid Ward particularly if you see him last minute as you come from behind the car in front of you would require acceleration. This is especially true when you are going around corners or curves. You accelerate into the curve so you can whip out of it which again Tony may have been doing as he was not expecting Ward to continue to move further onto the track. I suspect Tony was more focused or getting a good position while under caution and not really worrying about Ward as again he is not expecting Ward to actually get further onto the track with Cars zooming by.

3. You can't prove which car you heard on the video gassing up. It could have been SStewarts car or another car you don't see on the video because the camera was focused on Ward and Stewart.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Let's wait until we hear more details. Couple of points.
Remy, not in my wildest imagination do I think he meant to kill Ward. I think he was looking to throw some dirt on him. Car either got away, or Ward got too close. There is no reason, in my mind, to absolve Ward for doing what he did, but based on the rev of the engine, I honestly feel there was some intent on doing something.