Tony Stewart may have killed a guy.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
And my point is you can't be sure it's his car you are hearing rev the engine and even if it was you rev an engine when you are planning on accelerating thru a corner and Stewart was coming up on a corner.

So judging intent based on just that is problematic as it can be argued that in the absence of Ward, Stewart would have still revved his engine assuming it is even his engine we hear.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Wasn't the yellow out? Doesn't seem like any of the other cars accelerated through the corner.

Yes it was. I dunno, I just can't imagine a guy who has been racing professionally that long doesn't know exactly what to do/how the car would react.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
And my point is you can't be sure it's his car you are hearing rev the engine and even if it was you rev an engine when you are planning on accelerating thru a corner and Stewart was coming up on a corner.

So judging intent based on just that is problematic as it can be argued that in the absence of Ward, Stewart would have still revved his engine assuming it is even his engine we hear.

But plemty of eye witnesses also say the revving of the engine came from Stewart's car. I'm also thinking he was trying to throw dirt on the guy and nothing more.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Wasn't the yellow out? Doesn't seem like any of the other cars accelerated through the corner.

Yes but it is common practice for people to jockey for position during a caution flag. And I haven't seen a video that shows what all the other cars were doing so I can't say if they were doing it or not.

But plemty of eye witnesses also say the revving of the engine came from Stewart's car. I'm also thinking he was trying to throw dirt on the guy and nothing more.

Well we will see how reliable these witnesses are when it is all said and done. Personally, I think how competitive he is, he was more concerned about winning the race, probably saw Ward from a distance, lost him in a blind spot when TS got behind the car ahead of him and was caught off guard when TS finally cleared the car in front of him and Ward was in the middle of the track. He probably thought Ward would just be yelling at him from a safe distance when he passed by.

JPPT1974

October Falls and Autumn!
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Los Angeles FC
  1. Toronto Raptors
  1. Dallas Cowboys
  1. Edmonton Oilers
  1. Ohio State Buckeyes
Thoughts and prayers are with Kevin's family and friends. Really sad his life ended at only 20-years old. Had a lot to live for!

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
So that gives tony the right to gun him down with his car? Great logic bud. Watch the video and it's obviously intentional

What are you talking about? It wasn't intentional, I heard this it was intentional bullshit on the score driving to work this morning. I came into the office and looked at the video with other coworkers and everyone agreed that it wasn't intentional. The guy was walking down a poorly lit dirt track.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
I don't care if Ward got of his car, which was wrong. Tony killed a guy intentionally or not. Tony was careless, wreckless and being a hothead no matter what. Let justice decide his punishment. This idiot is also still going to race today. smh

Tony was careless? This guy was walking on the track and Tony was being careless? WTF kind of logic do you guys have LMFAO.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
What are you talking about? It wasn't intentional, I heard this it was intentional bullshit on the score driving to work this morning. I came into the office and looked at the video with other coworkers and everyone agreed that it wasn't intentional. The guy was walking down a poorly lit dirt track.

Well that settles it in my mind. Tony has been set free. If Jester and his co-workers agree, then we know everything is alright.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Well it's ridiculous some of the suggestions I have heard about charging him with manslaughter or murder etc...they are really yapping it up on the score. How can you possible prove that was intentional?

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Well it's ridiculous some of the suggestions I have heard about charging him with manslaughter or murder etc...they are really yapping it up on the score. How can you possible prove that was intentional?

Really? If it ever comes out that Stewart was trying to dust him or give him a little scare, then involuntary manslaughter is a real thing that he could be charged with.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yea. Now this shit it's crazy. Watched the video three times. Won't watch it anymore. I honestly don't know what happened there. And I also know I have zero clues to why the kind got out of his car like that anyways.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Really? If it ever comes out that Stewart was trying to dust him or give him a little scare, then involuntary manslaughter is a real thing that he could be charged with.

Yeah but he hasn't come out and said anything like that. So, let me get this straigh...you are saying that Tony stewart might come out and say he was trying to scare him to lets charge him with manslaughter?

Let me put it this way. If Stewart is charged and convivted, then come back to this thread and brag about it.

You looking at that video and being able to tell Stewart meant to harm him and intentionally hit him is ridiculous.

Also, I'm not biased at all. I couldn't care less about any car racing.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
LMAO at all the people defending the guy who decided to walk down the track in the middle of a live race. Only on Chi City!!!!!!

The authorities have already said they're not filing charges. So clearly Jester and I are correct. Move on folks!

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Marisa Tomei from My Cousin Vinny could prove it. Outside of her I think it would be difficult.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yeah but he hasn't come out and said anything like that. So, let me get this straigh...you are saying that Tony stewart might come out and say he was trying to scare him to lets charge him with manslaughter?

Let me put it this way. If Stewart is charged and convivted, then come back to this thread and brag about it.

You looking at that video and being able to tell Stewart meant to harm him and intentionally hit him is ridiculous.

Also, I'm not biased at all. I couldn't care less about any car racing.

You don't need to have intention to get an involuntary manslaughter charge.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
He certainly looked like he was accelerating to me when he hit him, and definitely going faster than those around him - don't give two shits about racing, so I don't know who to believe in the arguments presented in this thread. In any case, stupid and beyond belief come to mind. A guy spins you out going around a curve, and your response is to get out of your car and walk down the middle of a dimly lit track into oncoming traffic while the race is still going on to let him know you didn't like it. The stupidity of that decision is mind numbing.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sounds like the guy is dead because he was a moron that had little control of his anger.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I'm no dirt track expert like yourself but that sound seems to coincide pretty well with Stewart's car movements.