Top expert on Bears this season is a wisecracking waitress at a Chicago deli

Status
Not open for further replies.

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, it comes off as pretty ignorant when someone expresses surprise at a black man being smart...

Except when he didn't...That's you reading into it.

I'm sure you millennial's are equally appalled at the author of the article for revealing the gender of the "wait person"..

TL1961

Liked Posts:

I'm sure you millennial's are equally appalled at the author of the article for revealing the gender of the "wait person"..

Don't kid yourself. If teh story was about a guy getting it right, there'd be no story.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I don't know why you're so angry when its not even 10:00AM yet. I'll just place you on ignore.

Have a nice day.

Are we supposed to schedule our anger for after 10:00 a,m???

That's an odd thing to say. You sound like my blind, dwarf Indian neighbor. They're always saying things like that.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

I'm not a millennial, I'm literally grown and woke, over 40 and have voted Republican before, THANKS. And I wasn't appalled by the article at all, silly goose.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
And don't kid yourself. I'm not the one triggered by descriptions.

LOL nobody is triggered except for you and the latent racist getting all #rattled that ppl called it out for being latent racism. Thanks.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Are we supposed to schedule our anger for after 10:00 a,m???

That's an odd thing to say. You sound like my blind, dwarf Indian neighbor. They're always saying things like that.

Well, I just feel that if someone is so miserable in life that they literally have a fit of rage before 10:00AM that there must be some even worse/dangerous underlying psychological issues. I woke up in a great mood and would rather just not have those vibes in my life today so I made the decision to place him on ignore and hope he has a nice day.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Well, it comes off as pretty ignorant when someone expresses surprise at a black man being smart...
He was described as little, black, Texan, and waiter. How does one know he isn't surprised by the intelligence of a little Texan waiting tables at 3AM or any one of those character descriptions? Why is black the one assumed? Just curious.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He was described as little, black, Texan, and waiter. How does one know he isn't surprised by the intelligence of a little Texan waiting tables at 3AM or any one of those character descriptions? Why is black the one assumed? Just curious.

I really don't think that you are legit curious. #staywoke

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I really don't think that you are legit curious. #staywoke
So I'm only woke if I assume racism whenever possible? Is there an approved order of operations for bias -isms.
Like:
1) Race
1a)Sex
2) Body shape
3) Religion
4) Wealth
5) Career

I just want to make sure I accuse someone of the correct prejudice.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So I'm only woke if I assume racism whenever possible? Is there an approved order of operations for bias -isms.
Like:
1) Race
2) Body shape
3) Religion
4) Wealth
5) Career

I just want to make sure I accuse someone of the correct prejudice.

I never said any of that. Please don't overthink this, but if you are going to, please don't assume you're overthinking MY thoughts because that's literally impossible.

pepethebear

Liked Posts:
Because they're obsessed with race. If they were actually trying to read what the guy wrote they'd understand he was emphasizing the waiter part, especially given the context of the thread. But context doesn't matter of course, if and when it is remotely possible to accuse someone of being racist certain folks just can't help themselves

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Because they're obsessed with race. If they were actually trying to read what the guy wrote they'd understand he was emphasizing the waiter part, especially given the context of the thread. But context doesn't matter of course, if and when it is remotely possible to accuse someone of being racist certain folks just can't help themselves

So why qualify that the waiter was black? What's the point?

Not that I'm surprised you are defending this given that you have "Pepe" in your username.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Not that I'm surprised you are defending this given that you have "Pepe" in your username.

Honestly, just let it be. I think the point has been made and the fact that it made some people get so #rattled should tell you enough about their wokeness. It's hard to wake the unwoke in these divisive times.

pepethebear

Liked Posts:

Perhaps because the waiter he was trying to recall was black.

Life is a lot easier when you don't attribute every innocuous comment where race is described to racism.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Perhaps because the waiter he was trying to recall was black.

Life is a lot easier when you don't attribute every innocuous comment where race is described to racism.

Link to evidence to support this claim?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Uhhhhhh. Whoa. Some of you guys... I'm staying the fuck outta Texas.

Status
Not open for further replies.