CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Taj Gibson literally doesn't pass if he gets it on offense. And people tried arguing with me "oh he always gets it at the end of the shot clock and has to shoot it." Bullshit.

Wait a second.....aren't you the guy that started a thread about the Bulls signing Josh Smith??? But you're pissed at Taj for being a black hole??

Mark-Wahlberg-Confused-In-The-Happening.gif

You should have your posting abilities taken from you for a week.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
Taj Gibson literally doesn't pass if he gets it on offense. And people tried arguing with me "oh he always gets it at the end of the shot clock and has to shoot it." Bullshit.
Idk if he does that all the time, but last night there was definitely several times where he could have kicked it out but kept going for it. With his skills at rebounding, it's not that big a deal. Especially since it's high % shots.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
It sounds like you'd be doing two-a-days on the hot sand flipping truck tires with Thibs standing in the shallow tide screaming at you while wearing a hawaiian shirt with a giant hibiscus flower sticking out of it.
ojXPGNa.gif

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Taj's role isn't to facilitate.

We have 3 bigs on this team that have above average court awareness for ball distribution. That doesn't mean all our bigs need to fit that mold. His ability to box in traffic is the best on this team, mainly because he has the longest wingspan on the team. So why would you want to make a square peg fit a round hole? Has he chucked a few from 18 feet out, that he shouldn't have? Sure, but he also needs to take those open jumpers to make defenses collapse on him to open up the key. That's just part of basketball. If he's missing a lot, oh well. He'll adjust, develop, and change his game over time(be patient, these adjustments take more than a few minutes or a few games.) Just a fact of life, basketball, and overall body mechanics. Also note, Taj played two straight games this year where he settled for jumpers. Guess what happened? His minutes were cut, we saw Barstow, Niko(which happened sooner than Thibs would have liked) and Nazr actually get some minutes. Leaving Taj in a situation where he had to convince Thibs that he wasn't going to play lazy. Of course, then Taj got hurt, and we start the roller-coaster back up.

A biorhythm , if you will. It is what it is, and by most design, Taj is doing what he is supposed to do. If he doesn't, Thibs will sit him down. The only player that has an infinite green light on this team, is Rose.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
ive already explained what i meant by adjustments (in-game, not halftime)....i dont know why you keep ignoring that

Hinrich pulling his hammy was the best thing to happen (sorry to say) it forced thibs to play Rose/Brooks and that gave us allot of options...Rose, Brooks, Butler, Nikola

I'm not ignoring anything. Halftime adjustments are still IN GAME adjustments as the game is STILL being played. And he made "in-game" adjustments by going with the group that had it going in the 4th. With Rose fully healthy now & the majority of the team too , Thibs has been using Rose & Brooks more together in the 4th & trying different looks with different rotations.

As the season progresses, I think we are going to see a lot more of the group we saw at the end of the Raps game. 49 points in 1 quarter. That's just ridiculous.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
Taj's role isn't to facilitate.

We have 3 bigs on this team that have above average court awareness for ball distribution. That doesn't mean all our bigs need to fit that mold. His ability to box in traffic is the best on this team, mainly because he has the longest wingspan on the team. So why would you want to make a square peg fit a round hole? Has he chucked a few from 18 feet out, that he shouldn't have? Sure, but he also needs to take those open jumpers to make defenses collapse on him to open up the key. That's just part of basketball. If he's missing a lot, oh well. He'll adjust, develop, and change his game over time(be patient, these adjustments take more than a few minutes or a few games.) Just a fact of life, basketball, and overall body mechanics. Also note, Taj played two straight games this year where he settled for jumpers. Guess what happened? His minutes were cut, we saw Barstow, Niko(which happened sooner than Thibs would have liked) and Nazr actually get some minutes. Leaving Taj in a situation where he had to convince Thibs that he wasn't going to play lazy. Of course, then Taj got hurt, and we start the roller-coaster back up.

A biorhythm , if you will. It is what it is, and by most design, Taj is doing what he is supposed to do. If he doesn't, Thibs will sit him down. The only player that has an infinite green light on this team, is Rose.
Understandable. As I mentioned, the shits he takes are high percentage too, so its kinda dumb to want him to pass. There was just a couple times last night where he was breaking his back working so hard for the putback, when he couldve kicked it out.for.an open mid range shot or three.

Like you said, he's just doing him. I wouldn't expect anything else.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Wait a second.....aren't you the guy that started a thread about the Bulls signing Josh Smith??? But you're pissed at Taj for being a black hole??

Mark-Wahlberg-Confused-In-The-Happening.gif

You should have your posting abilities taken from you for a week.

Answer this question, is Josh Smith a better option deep off the bench or Tony Snell? And if you watch any Bulls games at all, you would see that he clearly shoots it whenever he touches it.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Tony Snell isn't a cancer. So Yes. Tony Snell is a better option off the bench.

Just to give some perspectives on cancers. Dwight went to the Lakers(who know how to build, and have had no shortage of FAs who want to go there/no issues spending), and they are still recovering. Does that mean Barstow > Dwight as a player? No, it means avoiding a laundry list of problems.

Last edited:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Answer this question, is Josh Smith a better option deep off the bench or Tony Snell? And if you watch any Bulls games at all, you would see that he clearly shoots it whenever he touches it.
You're clearly not understanding what your are responding to, and your thoughts just keep getting shittier.